Rapoport: Falcons OC and DC

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like the Pees hire. Allows Smith to focus mostly on the offense and other HC responsibilities. I wanted us to get a vet DC that can handle the defense with little interference from the HC.

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

When they put 4 hands in the dirt whether base or sub, he’s in a lot of Over. But in base, they played a fair amount of Under, mixed in with some double eagle stuff... which we started showing more and more of last season when we came out the gate with all those odd fronts.

Also heard he’s more 2 high, cover 4 and 2 type of guy. I shudder to imagine our safeties playing any sort of competitive cover 4 right now.

2 hours ago, Macintez said:

This is that “hook up” hire I don’t like and the man was retired. We shall see but I’m not a fan.

Think it’s more so a hook up for Smith. Probably a variety of the same he did for Vrabel, come in, help mentor the new HC, bounce in a year or 2.

15 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Parsons is a game-wrecker if he’s used right. Pees likes to get creative with his sub packages. Parsons is the ultimate weapon. He’s good in space, he can give you something in the rush.

I think a lot of people think Parsons/3-4 and automatically think Outside Linebacker. He’d be wasted there. He’s not a true edge-rusher; or I should say that’s not where I saw him play his best ball as PSU. You don’t wanna take a hoss like that and just stick in on the LOS over a tight end all game.

I’d wanna know who his position coach is gonna be though. There’s an art to bringing hybrid-type guys along.

All Pro caliber. Haven't seen many off those on defense round here for a while!

GO FALCONS!!!!

3 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Pretty much but the fronts that he tends to use (at least the ones he used with Vrabel) don’t function that much differently than what we’ve been doing the past year or two.

The one thing I’m not too in love with in his scheme is the reading the line is asked to do in sets.

I like pees and I loved his pats and ravens defense, but our linebacker corps is drastically different than what he fielded at those teams. All his past teams had t least one burly ILB. Mayo, Bruschi, Mosley are all 245-250 pound bowling balls that could cover.

‘Debo is what 220 on a good day? How much is Foye up to weight wise? 220? Neither are awesome against the run.

‘Parsons possible pick?

2 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Definitely seems like a “hook up” hire now.😳

I work at a family owned company where nepotism is rampant. 

We all succeed in spite of, not because of, our leadership. As I said, we shall see, but I’m not a fan.

25 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Yep and yep.

I’m not even thinking Rico right now but I’m wondering how Keanu works not being a box safety.

He’s an unrestricted free agent. So as much as I hate it, I bet he just isn’t re-signed. 

24 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

I like pees and I loved his pats and ravens defense, but our linebacker corps is drastically different than what he fielded at those teams. All his past teams had t least one burly ILB. Mayo, Bruschi, Mosley are all 245-250 pound bowling balls that could cover.

‘Debo is what 220 on a good day? How much is Foye up to weight wise? 220? Neither are awesome against the run.

‘Parsons possible pick?

All those LBs you named could not cover. They were picked on in coverage except maybe Bruschi

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

He's had a top 12 defense in points scored in every single year that he's been a dc except one.

I'll take that versus looking at one dang play. Come on now

For some context we have had four top 12 defenses in matt ryan's entire career.

Yeah. Plus AJ is a better zone corner than man.

23 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

‘Parsons possible pick?

They’ll fit. He used smaller linebackers in Tennessee. Both Brown and Evans were 225-230ish.