A great breakdown on Arthur Smith by a New York Jets writer

@athell posted this in the middle of another thread so I'm sure it will be missed by a lot of people. I thought it deserved its own thread so it wouldn't be missed. Written by a New York Jets' writer back in September about how Smith would be the best coach for them. Great breakdown of his style and Xs and Os with video. Thanks for the article @athell:tiphat:

Why Arthur Smith is the perfect head coach candidate for the New York Jets in 2021

By
 Ben Blessington
 - 

09/25/2020

When the New York Jets inevitably begin their search for a new head coach in 2021, Tennessee offensive coordinator Arthur Smith should be the number one target.

https://jetsxfactor.com/2020/09/25/why-arthur-smith-is-the-perfect-head-coach-candidate-for-the-new-york-jets-in-2021/

"Smith does things differently. He is not tethered to old-school philosophies and instead remains open-minded with no fear of calling anything. He’s versatile and molds his system to his players, not the other way around

"One of Smith’s best traits is his ability to stay one step ahead. He frequently shows the defense a certain look on one play and then later builds off that same look to run something completely different."

Last paragraph is Shannyesque. 

5 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I forgot who posted it first, but this is the article that got me on the train. Dude is a special coach. 

For me, other than watching Titans game.  He reminded me of Stefanski being retained and promoted by multiple coaching changes with Vikings. Arthur Smith had similar trajectory, though shorter. But in the NFL, coaches have their favorites and it’s not often you see guys move up with different coaching changes.

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

For me, other than watching Titans game.  He reminded me of Stefanski being retained and promoted by multiple coaching changes with Vikings. Arthur Smith had similar trajectory, though shorter. But in the NFL, coaches have their favorites and it’s not often you see guys move up with different coaching changes.

Exactly. And since I read this I learned that in addition to coaching on both sides of the ball, he has some background in scouting. He isn’t going to be doing that here, but it can only help on draft day and with roster evaluation. 

4 hours ago, fuego said:

@athell posted this in the middle of another thread so I'm sure it will be missed by a lot of people. I thought it deserved its own thread so it wouldn't be missed. Written by a New York Jets' writer back in September about how Smith would be the best coach for them. Great breakdown of his style and Xs and Os with video. Thanks for the article @athell:tiphat:

Why Arthur Smith is the perfect head coach candidate for the New York Jets in 2021

By
 Ben Blessington
 - 

09/25/2020

When the New York Jets inevitably begin their search for a new head coach in 2021, Tennessee offensive coordinator Arthur Smith should be the number one target.

https://jetsxfactor.com/2020/09/25/why-arthur-smith-is-the-perfect-head-coach-candidate-for-the-new-york-jets-in-2021/

Fantastic write up and good find @athell.

I was all aboard the EB train until I did a bunch of digging on him. Didn't like what I read or even saw. I started looking into candidates and AS (Art? Artie? Hopefully G.O.A.T?) really caught my eye. I like that he's worked on both sides of the ball and doesn't mind getting dirty. His creativity is off the charts as well and I can't wait to see how he steers this ship. I think it's going to be going in the right direction, and soon. 

2 hours ago, fuego said:

"Smith does things differently. He is not tethered to old-school philosophies and instead remains open-minded with no fear of calling anything. He’s versatile and molds his system to his players, not the other way around

"One of Smith’s best traits is his ability to stay one step ahead. He frequently shows the defense a certain look on one play and then later builds off that same look to run something completely different."

Last paragraph is Shannyesque. 

Sounds like one of my favorite OCs of all time Ralph Friedgen! 

Daddy likes!