Eagles hire Nick Sirianni as HC

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Feel like Eagles got sloppy thirds this round of hiring. The shenanigans they pulled late in season really cost them. Those advocating for tanking should take note. 

That was out of left field.

Eric B must be bombing interviews 

Just now, fuego said:

It's kinda stupid for them to have not interviews who Watson suggested and created this problem for themselves. I mean how hard would it have been to interview both those guys? Stupid. 

Saw a report on Pro Football Talk website earlier on the week that Eric Bieniemy was interviewed by the Texans on Monday.

He may get the Texans HC job after Chiefs finish their postseason run because it's been reported that Deshaun Watson is trying to be patient.

Just now, DonOfThemBirds said:

Yep, Wentz was looking all-worldly though before going down.

Eagles owner Lurie must think that Reich was the mastermind behind Wentz's success that season.

He thinks he's getting a Reich disciple lol.

Yeah a bit of a stretch but you never know. Might work in that way, but Wentz to me is damaged goods already. I have doubts he can recapture that lightning. Kind of risky making coaching decisions around a guy that may not even be the best QB on the roster. I mean, Pederson benched him for a reason. If there’s even a hint of doubt about him why go all in?

9 minutes ago, Michael Scott said:

Yeah a bit of a stretch but you never know. Might work in that way, but Wentz to me is damaged goods already. I have doubts he can recapture that lightning. Kind of risky making coaching decisions around a guy that may not even be the best QB on the roster. I mean, Pederson benched him for a reason. If there’s even a hint of doubt about him why go all in?

Eagles just paid him. Lurie also vows to get Wentz back to that point.

2 hours ago, Goober Pyle said:

I guess the feeling is that Sirianni through osmosis will turn into Frank Reich...  That's a stretch since Reich, and not Sirianni called the offensive plays in Indy...  People in Philly were clamoring for Duce Staley who had been a good soldier in the Eagles organization for close to 20 years. Word was that Duce would have practiced tough love on Wentz... not exactly the style Lurie was looking for with his prima donna QB.

Edited by joeyg2033
1 hour ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Hottest name coming in and didn't even make it to a second interview with most. Should pretty much answer the question about how much input he really has on the KC offense. 

Even if it’s just perception and not reality, he would do himself a great favor by asking for his release, and becoming OC for a team where he’s the play caller all the time. 

1 hour ago, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

Maybe that's true about the bust rate. But you could still trade down, shedding the higher pick for multiple lower picks. So clearly, the higher pick is more valuable.

Tanking as a whole may be questionable. But busting your *** to win 2 meaningless games at the end of a lost season is dumb. If your players are so dedicated they're going to play hard anyway, that's fine ... start the 3rd string.

Players bust their *** for a reason, most are potentially auditioning for their next job or are adding to their resumes, benching them is the type of selfish **** that makes no one want to play for your team and gets you the type of garbage reputation that gets you missing out on premiere coaching candidates and players. 

2 hours ago, TheHeartless said:

Yeah I just think the closest you can get to tanking is prearranged moves you make. No player is actively trying to lose and play bad, nor is any coach really, so the idea that coaches and players are all on board to tank for a draft pick has always been silly. Probably across all sports, but teams can manipulate it so that the roster they have is one that is likely to not perform very well. That will ensure a top draft pick which is what I feel happens in some cases. 

Most importantly of all though, if a team is a bottom 5 team then they just legitimately sucked that season. You earn those losses fair and square, so I think when fans say "tanking" they just hope their team loses as much as possible. 

And important to highlight that teams picking top five rarely contend anytime soon. It's why the Falcons are in a privileged position this year since they finished with a way worse record than they probably deserved with all those record setting blown games. The point differential is usually that of a 7 win team so perhaps Quinn ball this past year was a blessing in desguise if we can nab another franchise cornerstone and add it to a core that would have been battling for a playoff spot with decent coaching. 

Edited by Dr Long Shot
5 hours ago, falcons007 said:

They won a SB, Reid was stale in Philly. Worked out well for both.

5 hours ago, Brewcrew said:

Yeah... I suppose it was a mutual need for a change of scenery, but he is a **** good coach, and doubt anyone they hire now is going to be better. 

Bill Walsh once said that after about 10 years it's time for a coach to move on which is why he retired from the 49ers when he did.

5 hours ago, stizz said:

Get ready for all the twitter hot takes and ESPN debates about Eric B. 

I DO have a problem with the info on him leaking when Kim Ng hadn't interviewed well for all those years and no one said anything about it other than MLB wasn't ready for a woman GM. Then she lucks into a job because of her buddy Jeter.

At this point I think a team is just hesitant about the outrage once people really look into his college days. He did some wild stuff.

Or maybe it has nothing to do with any of that and is strictly football related and teams feel as if he's not responsible for the Chiefs success and wouldn't be capable of bringing success with him. I know it's hard to believe that might be the case but it very well may be true.

3 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Or maybe it has nothing to do with any of that and is strictly football related and teams feel as if he's not responsible for the Chiefs success and wouldn't be capable of bringing success with him. I know it's hard to believe that might be the case but it very well may be true.

That entire team is vouching for him and saying he's capable. The guy Philly hired didn't call the offense.

2 hours ago, falcons007 said:

I will take a coach who can make playoffs 4/5 years in a row with a chance to win SB every year over DQ and many coaches.  And that too a franchise which was big loser since ever.

I wasn't knocking Smitty. I'm just saying the gave the description of a guy who's good enough to get to the playoffs but not good enough to win the whole thing. That was Smitty. I read what was said about this guy and Smitty was who I immediately thought about. Good enough to routinely get there but not good enough to get over the hump and win the whole thing.

2 hours ago, stizz said:

That entire team is vouching for him and saying he's capable. The guy Philly hired didn't call the offense.

Of course they're vouching for him. They like him. They want to see him be given a chance and succeed. All the Falcons players routinely praised Dan Quinn but we saw how that turned out.