Eagles hire Nick Sirianni as HC

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Feel like Eagles got sloppy thirds this round of hiring. The shenanigans they pulled late in season really cost them. Those advocating for tanking should take note. 

That was out of left field.

Eric B must be bombing interviews 

Get ready for all the twitter hot takes and ESPN debates about Eric B. 

I DO have a problem with the info on him leaking when Kim Ng hadn't interviewed well for all those years and no one said anything about it other than MLB wasn't ready for a woman GM. Then she lucks into a job because of her buddy Jeter.

At this point I think a team is just hesitant about the outrage once people really look into his college days. He did some wild stuff.

1 hour ago, Dr Long Shot said:

There's a difference between tanking and rebuilding I think. Perhaps it's just semantics but asking your players and coach to throw a game VS. realizing you can't contend and making long term moves are two different things.

Tossing Glennon at QB mid-seasons wasn't really a tanking move it was a well, we tried every QB on the roster and they are all awful so let's see what he can do move IMO. Jags were 1-9 when they made the move. 

Yeah I just think the closest you can get to tanking is prearranged moves you make. No player is actively trying to lose and play bad, nor is any coach really, so the idea that coaches and players are all on board to tank for a draft pick has always been silly. Probably across all sports, but teams can manipulate it so that the roster they have is one that is likely to not perform very well. That will ensure a top draft pick which is what I feel happens in some cases. 

Most importantly of all though, if a team is a bottom 5 team then they just legitimately sucked that season. You earn those losses fair and square, so I think when fans say "tanking" they just hope their team loses as much as possible. 

1 hour ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Feel like Eagles got sloppy thirds this round of hiring. The shenanigans they pulled late in season really cost them. Those advocating for tanking should take note. 

Big difference tanking a game that could get you into the playoffs and taking when you're going nowhere. Irrelevant. 

57 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

There's really no clear advantage in tanking in the NFL. The bust/success rate of players picked in the top 15 vs top 5 is too marginal to be worth it. It's not the NBA where the advantage is so enormous the league needed to implement a lottery to disincentivize teams from losing on purpose.

Maybe that's true about the bust rate. But you could still trade down, shedding the higher pick for multiple lower picks. So clearly, the higher pick is more valuable.

Tanking as a whole may be questionable. But busting your *** to win 2 meaningless games at the end of a lost season is dumb. If your players are so dedicated they're going to play hard anyway, that's fine ... start the 3rd string.

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Not to the players. They're playing for jobs, contract incentives, ect

Yeah, but if your purposely tanking, everybody knows what's going on. They account for that. By that time in the season they already know what everybody is mostly about. 

8 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

They seemed confused about what was going on though. I don't think it was something that was initially planned at all.

Agreed. Tanking a game that could get you into the playoffs is ridiculous like Pederson did. That would have made me mad if I was a player. I think he might have been the only one in on that. I was more referring to a team going nowhere and everybody is basically in agreement. Although I don't think you could get that many professionals agreeing on tanking. 

3 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Houston had the first opening back in October and they still haven't found a coach.

It's kinda stupid for them to have not interviewed who Watson suggested and created this problem for themselves. I mean how hard would it have been to interview both those guys? Stupid.