Sewell or Fields at 4

This is simple on offense I think our problem was DK... can we upgrade and need to upgrade some positions ... Sure but

Matt- not the problem

WRs- not the problem

TE- Hursts no the problem we need to add 1 TE

OL - Gono could very well play the OG position and all the other positions would be good... Jake, linstrom and McGary not the problem

RB - we need to draft someone in the 3rd or 4th..

on D....

Grady, Fowler, Debo, Foye, AJ .... not the problem... sing Keke he is playing good ball.. 

Draft Surtain or Caleb to go with AJ... sing a FA FS and we can be back in the playoff next year...

WE Have 9 picks... the 4th overall should be a really good player.. If we trade down and grab another second rounder.. we can do some damage in this draft... 

I love Penei and Slater but we are fine in those positions... 

35 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

That doesn’t track. In the scenario I provided, if we didn’t trade back up, we’d have more draft capital, thus negating the cap situation rebuttal.

There would be a negligible difference in money between the scenario I provided and current draft picks. 

I'm just saying. In your scenario we would be losing out on another cheap 2nd round player. If that turned out to be a starter it'd be a great cap relief having a rookie making peanuts in a starting spot for 4 years.

1 minute ago, Fernando C. said:

This is simple on offense I think our problem was DK... can we upgrade and need to upgrade some positions ... Sure but

Matt- not the problem

WRs- not the problem

OL - Gono could very well play the OG position and all the other positions would be good... Jake, linstrom and McGary not the problem

on D....

Grady, Fowler, Debo, Foye, AJ .... not the problem... sing Keke he is playing good ball.. 

Draft Surtain or Caleb to go with AJ... sing a FA FS and we can be back in the playoff next year...

WE Have 9 picks... the 4th overall should be a really good player.. If we trade down and grab another second rounder.. we can do some damage in this draft... 

If we trade down, we'll get more than another 2nd plus we'll boost next years draft.

2 minutes ago, Williamb said:

Thats not my purpose. Mine is to have as many picks in that top 100 as possible. 5-7 is great, we need players.

Yeah but you quoted my scenario originally. With my scenario you get 4 top 32 players. Two of which should be immediate impact players in 2021. Quality over quantity. We’ll still get players, because we still have the same capital we did at the beginning. 

13 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I'm just saying. In your scenario we would be losing out on another cheap 2nd round player. If that turned out to be a starter it'd be a great cap relief having a rookie making peanuts in a starting spot for 4 years.

The money from a mid to late round 1st vs an early 2nd is negligible is all I’m saying. It’s not as big of a cap relief as you might think. 

5 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Trade down....we have like 32 players under contract before we trim the fat. We need players and lots of them. Trade down....maybe even a few times if  possible.

Everyone always says trade down... but it's not that simple.  We have to have a trade-up partner.  I'm pulling the trigger on Fields at 4, imo

Okay, 32 players per round. We have # 4 pick in each round. (1st, 2nd, 3rd) thats 3 picks in the top 96. We trade back gaining a 2nd and 3rd this year. A 1st and maybe 3rd next year. So draft looks like this in 2021 (1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds ), 5 players in top 96. I give up a 2nd, 3rd, and next years 3rd to move back into 1st for a rb. End up with (2 1st, 1 2nd, 1 3rd). 4 picks in the top 96. I would essentially give up a pick this year to move up for a rb. I guess it would depend upon what position you value most. Whew i almost totally got lost trying to type this! Dont make me do that again, lmao.

5 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

The money from a mid to late round 1st vs an early 2nd is negligible is all I’m saying. It’s not as big of a cap relief as you might think. 

I'm not talking about the relief from the money the picks would cost. I'm just talking about having one extra extremely cheap player under contract. I just think while we are this top heavy we need to stock pile picks because we need as many cheap contracts as possible right now.

22 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Yeah but you quoted my scenario originally. With my scenario you get 4 top 32 players. Two of which should be immediate impact players in 2021. Quality over quantity. We’ll still get players, because we still have the same capital we did at the beginning. 

You get 2 top 32, 1 top 64, 1 top 96. I gotcha 4 in top 96...i just prefer 5 in top 96 and 1 of those being a non 1st round rb.

23 minutes ago, Fernando C. said:

Yeah I know but a second in this years draft could be a really good DE or DT...

No argument here. Im all for trading back and keeping all the picks. Unless we can find a place to trade back again and getting more picks 

11 minutes ago, Gee-Q said:

Everyone always says trade down... but it's not that simple.  We have to have a trade-up partner.  I'm pulling the trigger on Fields at 4, imo

Then i would be advertising that pick was for sale.

6 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I'm not talking about the relief from the money the picks would cost. I'm just talking about having one extra extremely cheap player under contract. I just think while we are this top heavy we need to stock pile picks because we need as many cheap contracts as possible right now.

So you’re more looking for depth. If that’s the case then trade back in the. Forgo 2nd round for more 3rd round picks. My trade got us an additional 3rd in 2022. We could use our 2021 2nd and trade down to get additional 3rds as well. 

41 minutes ago, Fernando C. said:

Matt- not the problem

WRs- not the problem

on D....

Oh look , a sane post.

Just now, dapanch420 said:

People willing to trade down for just a 2nd round pick, cant be taken seriously.

Yea, that's way too light, especially if the trading up team is targeting a qb. The bears gave up two 2nds and another pick that I can't remember to go from 6 to 3 to get tribusky. That should be the bar.

4 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Yea, that's way too light, especially if the trading up team is targeting a qb. The bears gave up two 2nds and another pick that I can't remember to go from 6 to 3 to get tribusky. That should be the bar.

Yup they want that franchise qb, well its gonna cost them an arm and a leg. 2 1st and 2 2nds.

32 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

So you’re more looking for depth. If that’s the case then trade back in the. Forgo 2nd round for more 3rd round picks. My trade got us an additional 3rd in 2022. We could use our 2021 2nd and trade down to get additional 3rds as well. 

I just think with a new regime coming in that the more picks we get the better as it'll give them more opportunities to get players that fit their scheme. It'll also allow us to trim all the bs off our roster sucking up cap space. I also really just like javonte williams so there's that lol.

49 minutes ago, dapanch420 said:

People willing to trade down for just a 2nd round pick, cant be taken seriously.

Way back when i said this years 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Next years 1st and 3rd. Not just a second

5 picks for 1

Edited by Williamb
Addition

1 hour ago, runshoot said:

Oh look , a sane post.

Man, i don't know what's insane about trying to convince someone that we need as many of these top 100 picks as possible to help fill holes in our roster. We have 32 players under contract and as of right now projected 25mil over cap. Cut, restructure all you want we will not be able to fill these holes with free agents. We need multiple picks in rounds 1-3. And even at that we need to hit on some day 3 picks.

5 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Cool, he can run. So can half of the starting qbs in the league. Nothing separates him.

You are gonna be disappointed  draft day because Justin Fields is gonna be drafted high.  The NFL teams are not paying attention to the rhetoric surrounding him.