1 minute ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

It’s possible to get a top RB and an top CB in this draft. I have a scenario where we trade to the 49ers spot. They get our first, we get their first, next year’s first, this year’s 2nd, and next year’s 3rd.

We select Patrick Surtain with their pick.

We then trade back into the 1st round with the Jets with both this year’s 2nds and one of next years 3rds.

We select Najee Harris with their pick.

If we were gonna do something like that I’d rather go Slater with the 1st pick and Jaycee Horn with the Jets pick. 

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trade down....we have like 32 players under contract before we trim the fat. We need players and lots of them. Trade down....maybe even a few times if  possible.

Sewell.... dude is a phucking road grader....!!! 🤤

Hard to argue against Sewell, especially if we're going to try to get the most out of Ryan the next 1-2 years. Hard to argue against defense, seeing as that's been the bane of our existence for years.

2 minutes ago, The Smart One said:

If we were gonna do something like that I’d rather go Slater with the 1st pick and Jaycee Horn with the Jets pick. 

Oline would be nice to have and I’m all for it for a talent like Sewell. However, right now, I’m less worried about it with Smith on board. He orchestrated a 2k rushing season with no Pro Bowl offensive linemen. So anyone other than Sewell, I feel, would be a waste of resources. Unless it’s a QB, but that would be a Smith move I would place my trust in.

That being said I feel that both CB and RB are bigger needs. Surtain is strong and physical and can help us defend against the bigger WRs like Godwin/Evans, but also has enough quickness to take on faster WRs.

Harris is probably the RB that best suits what I believe Smith wants for his offense. We’ll need to leap frog the Steelers though.

These two picks address fundamental issues with the Falcons this season; balance, and pass defense. We should also be able to control the clock more. This will help our defense stay fresher. 

33 minutes ago, kenn.junior said:

that would be an even bigger waste cuz we already have hurst and graham. either go QB or trade back and take a CB or if we trade back further down grab harris that should be the only 3 options 

Yeah I want defense. I like Harris, but I don’t want a RB until 2 or 3 round. Shoot Aaron Jones from GB is what a 5th round pick?

30 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

It’s possible to get a top RB and an top CB in this draft. I have a scenario where we trade to the 49ers spot. They get our first, we get their first, next year’s first, this year’s 2nd, and next year’s 3rd.

We then trade back into the 1st round with the Jets with both this year’s 2nds and one of next years 3rds.

I'd hate a trade up for a rb. I'd rather stay put and take javonte williams.

52 minutes ago, Williamb said:

Thank you, people try to use other agendas to criticize dawg fan opinions of fields. We saw him play, no one in their right mind immediately replaces a qb who took you to nc the year before. If fields would have stayed, he would have replaced fromm in his final year, and 2020 would have been his alone. But we dawg fans never saw anything spectacular from him while he was here. Nothing personal, wish him the best, and if he ends up a falcon I'll cheer him on. 

:tiphat:

exactly, Kirby wasn't going to replace Fromm unless he fell off drastically or someone like Fields beat him out of the position in a blatant and obvious way, which he couldn't and didn't. Then he cried like a little girl about it and hit the portal...I don't mind saying at all I was tickled when he lost the title game, he certainly showed in half the games they played this year (as few as those actually were, LMAO) he isn't all that special, especially on the big stage.

6 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

We essentially wouldn’t be losing any original capital, while still picking up an extra 1st next year. 

I get that, but we need so many players that I wouldn't want to use the capital we gained to move back up. If we had a normal cap situation id probably be ok with it but we need lots of cheap players over the next few years.

4 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I get that, but we need so many players that I wouldn't want to use the capital we gained to move back up. If we had a normal cap situation id probably be ok with it but we need lots of cheap players over the next few years.

That doesn’t track. In the scenario I provided, if we didn’t trade back up, we’d have more draft capital, thus negating the cap situation rebuttal.

There would be a negligible difference in money between the scenario I provided and current draft picks. 

46 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

I agree with trade back and if surtain is your call then okay. I am not going to give up the draft capitol to move up for harris though when i still got etteine, williams, and hubbard out there.

8 minutes ago, Williamb said:

I agree with trade back and if surtain is your call then okay. I am not going to give up the draft capitol to move up for harris though when i still got etteine, williams, and hubbard out there.

I think Entienne is the first RB off the board. Most likely at 18 to the Dolphins. They need an RB and he fits what they like to do offensively, while providing a safety net for Tua. I think Hubbard goes 2nd round. 

Just now, Sidecar Falcon said:

I think Entienne is the first RB off the board. Most likely at 18 to the Dolphins. They need an RB and he fits what they like to do offensively, while providing a safety net for Tua. I think Hubbard goes 2nd round. 

I'm okay with 2nd round. Not going to lose picks to trade back into the 1st for him though. Just move on to plan A bpa at my pick

16 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Harris will be first rb off the board. Ettiene has some ? Marks.

Just now, Williamb said:

But you would lose what you gained with the trade back. More picks, more picks, more cowbell, oops!

The purpose of those extra picks wouldn’t be to select those players but to have the ammo to move up. Not to mention we’d have two additional 1st round picks over the course of 2 years. 

1 minute ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

The purpose of those extra picks wouldn’t be to select those players but to have the ammo to move up. Not to mention we’d have two additional 1st round picks over the course of 2 years. 

Thats not my purpose. Mine is to have as many picks in that top 100 as possible. 5-7 is great, we need players.