3 hours ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Wilson no doubt ... He's at a different level then Fields .. unfortunately the Bulldawg fans want Fields ... 

Bulldog fan here through and through, and you couldn't be more wrong if you tried, although you do a dang good job without trying  ;)

having said that, IF they draft Fields, he's a Falcon (at least until he enters the transfer portal and bails out again, oh wait.....) and I'll hope he's successful when his time comes. I don't want Fields at all personally, if we go QB I'd rather have a Kyle Trask or Sam Ehrlinger type guy, but I really don't think we draft a QB this year with all these other holes we have to fill this year

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trade down....we have like 32 players under contract before we trim the fat. We need players and lots of them. Trade down....maybe even a few times if  possible.

Sewell.... dude is a phucking road grader....!!! 🤤

Hard to argue against Sewell, especially if we're going to try to get the most out of Ryan the next 1-2 years. Hard to argue against defense, seeing as that's been the bane of our existence for years.

3 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Not much of a difference. Trade back for an impact player in first round. If you guys are saying there are no impact players on Defense, RB or other positions, its a joke. 

The difference being the other 2-4 players you get with the trade.

3 hours ago, falconfanEST1989 said:

I watched his videos,  I've never seen an OLinemen with his swag,   he does pregame hype ups,  HE GETS HIS TEAM FIRED UP.!!! he celebrates like if he were a CB...   and the kid is  the real deal...!!   Could you imagine. Matthews LT, Sewell LG, Hennessey C, Lindstrom RG, McNary RT..... would be scary tbh

No doubt!,  especially scary McNary!!  

Not Laughing GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

16 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

It ain’t hate, it’s just the fact that average to all-pro is a pretty large jump. If they think they can get that jump from Sewell, why wouldn’t we upgrade our LT?

If they think Parsons, or Surtain, or some other high profile defender is a better prospect then by all means. But if they see Sewell as a future all-pro, it would be foolish to pass on him because we have Jake Matthews.

If the argument is Sewell won’t end up at that level and will just be a middling LT who’s name sometimes pops in the top 10, sure, I’d hope they have other prospects they believe will have better careers.

I just think Jake is pretty good and will be a lot better with in our new scheme. He was not a problem and is a PB LT that has many years left.

Also Sewell would again be a waste. I get that he might be best T in the league in a year or 2(I don’t think so). But even then is he making our team that much better? If JM was getting beat a lot then obviously. 

1 minute ago, Williamb said:

The difference being the other 2-4 players you get with the trade.

What round? that's the biggest difference. Falcons need to hit the top draft picks with play makers and mid to low round picks as contributors. First round pick is as valuable as signing a big FA with out cap hit.

2 minutes ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

I just think Jake is pretty good and will be a lot better with in our new scheme. He was not a problem and is a PB LT that has many years left.

Also Sewell would again be a waste. I get that he might be best T in the league in a year or 2(I don’t think so). But even then is he making our team that much better? If JM was getting beat a lot then obviously. 

You could always trade mathews, upgrade the tackle spot and save a ton of cap space going forward...

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

You could always trade mathews, upgrade the tackle spot and save a ton of cap space going forward...

Plenty ways to work around or fix the cap. Plus I doubt we are looking to load up big time in FA right now. 

Second why trade Matthews? He’s a good player. What are you trading him for? Won’t be number 4 overall so kind of wasting that. We need to focus on LG and swing T. We brining back Gono?

2 minutes ago, papachaz said:

Bulldog fan here through and through, and you couldn't be more wrong if you tried, although you do a dang good job without trying  ;)

having said that, IF they draft Fields, he's a Falcon (at least until he enters the transfer portal and bails out again, oh wait.....) and I'll hope he's successful when his time comes. I don't want Fields at all personally, if we go QB I'd rather have a Kyle Trask or Sam Ehrlinger type guy, but I really don't think we draft a QB this year with all these other holes we have to fill this year

Thank you, people try to use other agendas to criticize dawg fan opinions of fields. We saw him play, no one in their right mind immediately replaces a qb who took you to nc the year before. If fields would have stayed, he would have replaced fromm in his final year, and 2020 would have been his alone. But we dawg fans never saw anything spectacular from him while he was here. Nothing personal, wish him the best, and if he ends up a falcon I'll cheer him on. 

1 hour ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

No way dudes been in top 5 and 10 conversations. People hate on him for no reason. I’m not wasting a top 4 pick to upgrade just a little bit for not even a position of need. If Jake was about to retire then yeah no brainer.

We have to many other needs. Especially on defense. If we were going to waste a pick I’m taking the TE from Florida, Pitts. AS loves TEs.

that would be an even bigger waste cuz we already have hurst and graham. either go QB or trade back and take a CB or if we trade back further down grab harris that should be the only 3 options 

6 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

What round? that's the biggest difference. Falcons need to hit the top draft picks with play makers and mid to low round picks as contributors. First round pick is as valuable as signing a big FA with out cap hit.

Trading back could amount to their 1st,2nd,3rd, and next years first for example. Leaving us with 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds, and 2 1sts next year

6 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Too much dead cap for no benefit for a guy who hadn't played a down and guarantee he will be any good. There were better LT prospects than Sewell who ended up being busts. 

Just now, Williamb said:

Trading back could amount to their 1st,2nd,3rd, and next years first for example. Leaving us with 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds, and 2 1sts next year

I am hoping a trade down from #4. trade down and take defensive picks. No need for luxury picks on offense. You can't win games with pinto defense and Ferrari offense. 

1 hour ago, blknoble357 said:

I think people are missing what Arthur Smith said during the press conference. His words, " there is only one Derrick Henry and I adapt my offense to my personal." With those comments, I have to believe, the Falcons will go with BPA either a QB or WR depending on how their board is setup

WR? why that position that would be a waste. 

5 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I am open to a first RB pick with a trade down. This team needs run game and defensive starters in every position. 

Gross. I’d be willing to to trade back up into the end of round 2 to draft a RB if he’s an absolute stud but that’s as far as I’d go. Round 1 is always a mistake for drafting RB. 

4 minutes ago, Williamb said:

Do need a top rb though.

It’s possible to get a top RB and an top CB in this draft. I have a scenario where we trade to the 49ers spot. They get our first, we get their first, next year’s first, this year’s 2nd, and next year’s 3rd.

We select Patrick Surtain with their pick.

We then trade back into the 1st round with the Jets with both this year’s 2nds and one of next years 3rds.

We select Najee Harris with their pick.