Sewell or Fields at 4

2 hours ago, Williamb said:

Some of us dawg fans understand that if he had to sit behind ryan for 2 years he may ask for a trade./purp

So you are 1 of those DAWGS FANS....Very Interesting but let me stop before I get accused labeling someone🤣😂😅

2 hours ago, lju713 said:

I would kick Jake inside to LG

Not madden. **** of a cost for a LG on a cash strapped team. Plus, I believe he would suck there, although I believed he played guard at A&M or maybe RT?? I think they had someone at LT, who went top 5 prior to Bloodlines senior season.

Sewell seems like the pick when u factor in short term/long term goals for the team. A new and improved scheme with Lindstrom and penei in the interior upgrades our offense a great deal year one. Mathews isn't great, but he's definitely not Sam Baker either. I expect we draft another G in the next season or so to groom which will allow us to slide PS outside without skipping a beat.. If we can go from 28th in rushing yards to at least 12-15th, we are playoff bound next season. ****, if we were 12-15th this year we would have been in the playoffs regardless of our holes.

51 minutes ago, blknoble357 said:

Wilson couldn't hold Fields jock, how many games have you watched of both players?

Well unfortunately Fields only played half the games that Wilson did. My comparisons between both quarterbacks... Wilson reminds me of a young Aaron Rodgers.. and Fields reminds me of DJ shockey. 

1 hour ago, dapanch420 said:

Draft an elite skilled qb. Im tired of the same old bullcrap, with physically limited ryan needing an all pro team just to get to the playoffs. 

Which QB in this draft is guaranteed to be elite? It's not like they just fall off trees. I'm tired of people saying, "We need the next Mahomes or Rodgers" You don't think the other 30 teams would have drafted them by now if they were so easy to pick? 

Just now, Macknsweetjones said:

So you didn’t watch games 

Are maybe I have my opinion that's different then yours ... Tell you this , we will see who gets drafted first. And again .. imo , Wilson is a middle first rd talent ...Fields , low 2cd or 3rd talent .. Unfortunately, we pick 4 and Wilson will be long gone before we pick again... also , rumors are the Jets may take Wilson at #2 .. 

If we stay at 4 the BPA will either be QB OL or WR. We have tons of money invested in QB OL and WR. Picking BPA will allow us to cut costs in the long term. It’s just a matter of what player we’ll be moving on from. 

Personally I like Sewell at 4. Start him at LG and kick him to LT when we move on from Matthews. 

So draft an OT, with a very good LT on the team who can't be traded with out cap hit. There are no starting safeties on the team, no starting DE, let alone rotation,No starting CB, no starting DT and no starting RB. . But but lets draft an OT with #4 and try to invent more problems. Arthur Smith will be on hot seat by end of the year if falcons don't draft smart. The OL already had too much invested in last couple seasons. AS made Ty Sambirilo look competent, he will probably manage offense with out high draft picks. Pick the BPA on defense.

3 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

So draft an OT, with a very good LT on the team who can't be traded with out cap hit. There are no starting safeties on the team, no starting DE, let alone rotation,No starting CB, no starting DT and no starting RB. . But but lets draft an OT with #4 and try to invent more problems. Arthur Smith will be on hot seat by end of the year if falcons don't draft smart. The OL already had too much invested in last couple seasons. AS made Ty Sambirilo look competent, he will probably manage offense with out high draft picks. Pick the BPA on defense.

The BPA on defense this year is worth about the 10th pick not the 4th. 

1 hour ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

No way dudes been in top 5 and 10 conversations. People hate on him for no reason. I’m not wasting a top 4 pick to upgrade just a little bit for not even a position of need. If Jake was about to retire then yeah no brainer.

We have to many other needs. Especially on defense. If we were going to waste a pick I’m taking the TE from Florida, Pitts. AS loves TEs.

It ain’t hate, it’s just the fact that average to all-pro is a pretty large jump. If they think they can get that jump from Sewell, why wouldn’t we upgrade our LT?

If they think Parsons, or Surtain, or some other high profile defender is a better prospect then by all means. But if they see Sewell as a future all-pro, it would be foolish to pass on him because we have Jake Matthews.

If the argument is Sewell won’t end up at that level and will just be a middling LT who’s name sometimes pops in the top 10, sure, I’d hope they have other prospects they believe will have better careers.

3 minutes ago, The Smart One said:

The BPA on defense this year is worth about the 10th pick not the 4th. 

Worth By who? Every draft over rated players on draft fall out further down, some times in to 2-3 rounds. Teams have different draft boards and ranking of BPA. Give me a play maker on the defense. Arthur Smith will start looking for a job if he is looking at partial upgrades at best. 

🗣️🗣️Penei Sewell will NOT go to LG after being selected #4. He will play T. Jake played some formations as a pulling guard. Go rewatch the Philly game from 2019. He played all 5 position at Texas AM. He will be fine at LG.

5 minutes ago, lju713 said:

🗣️🗣️Penei Sewell will NOT go to LG after being selected #4. He will play T. Jake played some formations as a pulling guard. Go rewatch the Philly game from 2019. He played all 5 position at Texas AM. He will be fine at LG.

This is TATF draft/off season in nutshell. AS and Fontenot aren't looking at a particular player (TD did to an extent). They are not looking at players and how to make it work for falcons. They have a roster plan for next year, may be 2-3 years. They will go find BPA for that plan. You don't move your very good starting LT coz you love a player. At the end of the day, players fit the puzzle. During the season, sure any one has to adjust with injuries. 

20 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

After a trade back.