2 minutes ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

It is when we have a top 15 LT already who is still young. Plus Jake will be even better with AS scheme. 

He wasn’t even better in Shanahan system tbf. He’s been middle of the pack through all of the systems. 

The drop off from a top 5 tackle to a top 15 tackle is pretty steep too. Idk, if the FO thinks Sewell is that guy not sure why people wouldn’t want an upgrade. 

This board will be divided than a mug on draft day.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trade down....we have like 32 players under contract before we trim the fat. We need players and lots of them. Trade down....maybe even a few times if  possible.

Sewell.... dude is a phucking road grader....!!! 🤤

Hard to argue against Sewell, especially if we're going to try to get the most out of Ryan the next 1-2 years. Hard to argue against defense, seeing as that's been the bane of our existence for years.

2 hours ago, lju713 said:

I want Matt's heir apparent. I want the mean nasty OL that will bring back the days of Dahl and Clabo. I want our D to get better. What do you guys want to do at number 4?

If Fields is the BPA you take him, but if the Dolphins fall in love with D. Smith and Penei falls to number 4❤️❤️❤️. I wouldn't be mad

If that were to happen, I would be mad at first but I'd get over it but we definitely need to get Ryan's heir apparent and I dont want Wilson

4 minutes ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

It is when we have a top 15 LT already who is still young. Plus Jake will be even better with AS scheme. 

Then Sewell kicks inside to LG until Jake starts to decline.

Matt got sacked the 5th most times of any QB this year. I know that's not all on the oline but I don't think we're in a place to pass up on an all pro level talent. AS can make lesser talented guys look good with his scheme but why not give him a blue chip player if he's there?

1 hour ago, E. T. said:

With so many holes to fill, so many directions we could potentially go in, I'm taking Font's words on addressing positions no matter if it's already a strength or not to heart. With that being said, I personally would like to trade back, pick up some more needed picks and get us a safety and RB. Just my opinion and some may not like it but you have your opinion too. S/RB!

And then they take chase at 4 lol.

My opinion is Ryan isn’t going to last as long as Brady. But he’s got some strength that we can tap if we improve the RB, TE positions and maybe shore up the O line a little. That covers Offense. If we postpone drafting his successor until next year we could make some positive additions now that have closer term benefits.  
Or we can tank for Sam Howell in 2021!  

On D we need a little love/hate edge rusher and 2 safeties since we currently have zero. 

Will be Interesting to see where the new regime points in the draft and trades. 

As long as we beat the Saints (and I’m still thinking Brees will come back) that is a good year. 

Edited by Killing Floor
Phone spells what it wants
7 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

He wasn’t even better in Shanahan system tbf. He’s been middle of the pack through all of the systems. 

The drop off from a top 5 tackle to a top 15 tackle is pretty steep too. Idk, if the FO thinks Sewell is that guy not sure why people wouldn’t want an upgrade. 

This board will be divided than a mug on draft day.

No way dudes been in top 5 and 10 conversations. People hate on him for no reason. I’m not wasting a top 4 pick to upgrade just a little bit for not even a position of need. If Jake was about to retire then yeah no brainer.

We have to many other needs. Especially on defense. If we were going to waste a pick I’m taking the TE from Florida, Pitts. AS loves TEs.

9 minutes ago, 804_Falconfan said:

Then Sewell kicks inside to LG until Jake starts to decline.

Matt got sacked the 5th most times of any QB this year. I know that's not all on the oline but I don't think we're in a place to pass up on an all pro level talent. AS can make lesser talented guys look good with his scheme but why not give him a blue chip player if he's there?

Taking a G at 4. He’s not the dude from Indy. If LG is all we need which it is I’m getting that later or a FA.

As far as sacks go that’s mostly on Dirk. It won’t even be close to the same.

9 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Because he might be the best player available, and a trade down might also not be possible. It's not rocket science...

That’s why it’s dumb to take him lol. Not rocket science that Jake Matthews is good. That’s like saying we have D Watson at QB, but Trevor Lawrence is to good to pass up. Just dumb.

2 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I always think trading down is a good idea, but it also depends on who is available, and if there are teams willing to trade. If the brain trust thinks the player available at 4 is a 10 - 15 year guy, then you take him though.

I think if Sewell is there, you take him, because of the type of philosophy that AS has - "It starts up front."

I think people are missing what Arthur Smith said during the press conference. His words, " there is only one Derrick Henry and I adapt my offense to my personal." With those comments, I have to believe, the Falcons will go with BPA either a QB or WR depending on how their board is setup

3 minutes ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

That’s why it’s dumb to take him lol. Not rocket science that Jake Matthews is good. That’s like saying we have D Watson at QB, but Trevor Lawrence is to good to pass up. Just dumb.

Apples to Oranges. OL are not QB's. Matthews & Sewell could play on the same line, or the Falcons could trade Matthews easier than they could MR.

Just now, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

Taking a G at 4. He’s not the dude from Indy. If LG is all we need which it is I’m getting that later or a FA.

As far as sacks go that’s mostly on Dirk. It won’t even be close to the same.

He's only a guard until Jake starts declining. So may be 2 years since Jake will be 29 at the start of next season

Just now, blknoble357 said:

I think people are missing what Arthur Smith said during the press conference. His words, " there is only one Derrick Henry and I adapt my offense to my personal." With those comments, I have to believe, the Falcons will go with BPA either a QB or WR depending on how their board is setup

I'm not sure how his words lead you there. Sounds like thats what YOU want so you're interpreting it as such.