Falcons dismiss OC Dirk Koetter, six assistant coaches

It was pretty unlikely a former OC who still plans to call plays as a head coach would keep an OC from the previous regime that is a long time OC and play caller, or that the previous OC would want to work under those conditions. 

I see the OC as an up-and-coming position coach that wants OC experience.

12 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Am I the only one puzzled that the picture posted in the article is from the Mike Smith days?

It is an indicator of the level of research done before writing an article and the effort to review and correct before publishing. 

It is a problem that has permeated the news industry.  Think about this.  DLed may no longer be the joke of sports media.  Try to wrap your brain around that.

Aden Durden was the LB coach and was dismissed.  My first thought was that our LBs were playing well.  Then, I remembered they improved under Ulbritch.  Durden only held that position long enough to possibly show his inadequacies.  I hope Jeff is retained.  I remember seeing he likely has a job elsewhere if he pursues it.

29 minutes ago, NorthGaBoy said:

I thought it was bizarre that from 2017 to 2020 the Falcons seemed to be collecting coaches with losing resumes.  Was that on purpose?

Years ago I had a supervisor under me that was a college drop out.   She would never hire a college grad for fear that they would replace her.  

In the context of Dan Quinn post-SB51, it all makes sense

1 hour ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

Years ago I had a supervisor under me that was a college drop out.   She would never hire a college grad for fear that they would replace her.  

In the context of Dan Quinn post-SB51, it all makes sense

I’d hope he saw the success of bringing a HC capable coordinator like Shanahan on bird and what it did for the team. He just didn’t have an eye for anybody else other than ‘Shanahan shred me, Shanahan good’. The whole league was probably fair game for OC after Sark.