OL Coach Chris Morgan let go

Checked the Falcons coaches page yesterday and only 11 coaches were still there. Many coaches who had yet to have announcements that they were gone aren't there anymore. Morgan's name wasn't there so I kinda assumed he was gone. The others are probably ones they've yet to make a determination on. 

This is one area where I will say it is more on coaches than the players.

More often then not our guys got beat because there was alot of miscommunication up front .rather than just getting beat physically (although that still Happened)..and that falls on the ol coach..... Especially when you have so many moving parts on the line ( our revolving doors are both guard spots for the last 4 years)

The line blocked well in 16 because it was very experienced inside and the 3 interior players had been in it forever.

Once that experience went away Morgan was not able to teach it the way it needed to be taught.

3 minutes ago, k-train said:

I’m just glad Gilligan finally made it off that ****ed island.

phjxn5h4jdqagxhajjdf.jpg

Yup...dude needs to hang out with Adam Gase and huff some gas, smelling salts, embalming fluid...whatever it is that gives Gase his edge...that outta toughen him up some for the NFL.

2 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he the coach during the superbowl?  We were outside zone scheme then, correct?

He was indeed. I wouldn’t be even a little bit surprised if he gets replaced by the guy who was his Assistant O-lime coach, Keith Carter. Carter got moved to RB coach after Shanny split. He then went to the Titans and has been their o-line coach ever since. I’m sure Arthur Smith would like to get him back here if there’s a way he can do so.

47 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

This is one area where I will say it is more on coaches than the players.

More often then not our guys got beat because there was alot of miscommunication up front .rather than just getting beat physically (although that still Happened)..and that falls on the ol coach..... Especially when you have so many moving parts on the line ( our revolving doors are both guard spots for the last 4 years)

The line blocked well in 16 because it was very experienced inside and the 3 interior players had been in it forever.

Once that experience went away Morgan was not able to teach it the way it needed to be taught.

It also depends on the scheme. Shanny's scheme worked really well because the play/run formations worked off of each other. Blocking assignments and the plays being called were probably easier for the OL to understand and execute. Hope we get that same mental model back