Jump to content

Contracts for Smith and Fontenot


Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, papachaz said:

that really has the looks of a 'we'll see' kinda deal to me

 

:ninja:

I don’t really have a problem with that. I know Shanny and Lynch were signed to six year contracts, but that was due to a major rebuild and them committing to them for that. We’re really not in a major rebuild position.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, fuego said:

I don’t really have a problem with that. I know Shanny and Lynch were signed to six year contracts, but that was due to a major rebuild and them committing to them for that. We’re really not in a major rebuild position.

Yep. And KS was most sought HC candidate in 2017. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Why would it be different for Arthur's contract length? Seems like they were hired to tackle this project together. Would be weird for one to have extended contract security and the other lto be under time pressure to get results twice as fast.

My guess is HCs get paid more than GMs. Not sure how much of 6 years is guaranteed for Fontenot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

My guess is HC get paid more than GMs. Not sure how much of 6 years is guaranteed for Fontenot. 

Correct. The average for GM's is $1-3m p/yr and for HC's it's about $6-7m and up. Now I can definitely see why ownership would want to be able to move on from the HC after 3 years if the team was under-performing at that kind of money.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, PokerSteve said:

Correct. The average for GM's is $1-3m and for HC's it's about $6-7m and up. Now I can definitely see why ownership would want to be able to move on from the HC after 3 years if the team was under-performing at that kind of money.

And they can move on from GM with out a big hit after 2-3 years. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Not surprising, AB expects to win and not rebuild for years. Arthur Smith wouldn't want to go as lame duck in last year if he doesn't win in next two years. Lot of this BPA QB folks will be disappointed. 

At some point and time the win now philosophy is going to bite us when you dont really have a win now roster

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Slumerican said:

At some point and time the win now philosophy is going to bite us when you dont really have a win now roster

All teams want to win now. There is no win later in NFL. The goal is always to win! Win now doesn't mean rip everything off and rebuild hoping and praying to compete one day. Usually teams rebuilding are the worst teams year in and out stuck in rebuild mode for long time. Teams with win now culture keep winning.  Make bold moves which complement the team and win. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I think Year two will be crucial, he gets extended 3 more years or gets fired. I don't see AB as an owner who likes a lame duck coach in last year of his contract. 

I believe this is reality here. We seriously could make the playoffs next year, but playoffs or not, if the level of play is good/solid by the end of year two, he gets extended

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

All teams want to win now. There is no win later in NFL. The goal is always to win! Win now doesn't mean rip everything off and rebuild hoping and praying to compete one day. Usually teams rebuilding are the worst teams year in and out stuck in rebuild mode for long time. Teams with win now culture keep winning.  Make bold moves which complement the team and win. 

So what are we the last 3 years, we a "winning franchise" right now? Last I checked we were eliminated by mid season for the past 3 years and your talking like we are not one of these craptastic teams or bottom feeder franchises. Sadly we have been every bit as bad as your Jax, Cinny, Detroit, Jets as there was not 1 single glimmer of hope in 3 straight years, not 1. 

We are one of the listed crap teams when you ask that question to a football fan from another city...we are mentioned with the Jets, Cinny, Det, Jax.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

So what are we the last 3 years, we a "winning franchise" right now? Last I checked we were eliminated by mid season for the past 3 years and your talking like we are not one of these craptastic teams or bottom feeder franchises. Sadly we have been every bit as bad as your Jax, Cinny, Detroit, Jets as there was not 1 single glimmer of hope in 3 straight years, not 1. 

We are one of the listed crap teams when you ask that question to a football fan from another city...we are mentioned with the Jets, Cinny, Det, Jax.

I wanted DQ fired by mid 2019. Falcons would probably in playoffs with Stefanski as HC. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...