• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• Leon Troutsky

• Moist Words

6 hours ago, achilles return said:

i think the 1/6 riot could have been way worse than it actually was, i feel like it's a pretty dark harbinger for the republican party as a vehicle for american fascism, and it will also be exploited by liberals for all kinds of heinous ****.

it was also tremendous content

We’ve all seen the footage of the black cop who led the group away from where Romney ran to. Would that group have killed or harmed Romney had they gotten to him? I have absolutely no idea, and I’d honestly like to think they would have been too cowardly to have done anything other than heckle him had they actually confronted him. 

But it could have been worse than it actually played out, especially if the police had actually made attempts to engage a lot of these people. And let’s not pretend they would have mowed folks down like Kent State if it were leftists or minorities. 

And, yes, it was a stepping stone for the authoritarian turn of the Republican Party. When they don’t have a senile carnival barker as their de facto cult of personality leader, things are going to be a lot more dangerous. 

@AF89 have you watched the animated Mortal Kombat movie that came out last year that’s on HBO Max? I watched it last night, it’s honestly the best MK that’s been made to date. It sets up for sequels, I would much rather than make more of those than sequels to the new live action movie that featured a made up lead character whose special power was literal plot armor. 

6 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

We’ve all seen the footage of the black cop who led the group away from where Romney ran to. Would that group have killed or harmed Romney had they gotten to him? I have absolutely no idea, and I’d honestly like to think they would have been too cowardly to have done anything other than heckle him had they actually confronted him. 

But it could have been worse than it actually played out, especially if the police had actually made attempts to engage a lot of these people. And let’s not pretend they would have mowed folks down like Kent State if it were leftists or minorities. 

And, yes, it was a stepping stone for the authoritarian turn of the Republican Party. When they don’t have a senile carnival barker as their de facto cult of personality leader, things are going to be a lot more dangerous. 

If the roles were reversed and this were a BLM rally in front of the capitol they wouldn’t have responded with 100s of police and hundreds of rounds of tear gas and rubber bullets?

6 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

One can't walk around Disney without realizing that we have a serious obesity problem in this country. I'd say that 40%of the adults I've seen are seriously overweight.

And a good number of kids as well. 

It’s sad... though the food industry doesn’t really make it easy to know what is healthy and have a lot of deceptive labeling.  

11 minutes ago, lostone said:

It’s sad... though the food industry doesn’t really make it easy to know what is healthy and have a lot of deceptive labeling.  

But more to the point, it's the very American attitude of "I'll do whatever I want" and that includes eating bad food and not exercising. 

I think most adults understand what junk food is and what it does, but most simply don't care. And exercise is too much like work, so screw that. 

The number of people under 40 I've seen riding around the parks on electric scooters simply because they can't be bothered to walk is very disheartening. 

46 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

But more to the point, it's the very American attitude of "I'll do whatever I want" and that includes eating bad food and not exercising. 

I think most adults understand what junk food is and what it does, but most simply don't care. And exercise is too much like work, so screw that. 

The number of people under 40 I've seen riding around the parks on electric scooters simply because they can't be bothered to walk is very disheartening. 

Dude... my doctor told me my **** would stop working when I was 320lbs and I immediately started losing weight.  I would see saw until recently.  Start of Covid I was eating fried food almost exclusively, but working out daily.  Then I had my heart rate spike on me and working out became harder suddenly.  Cleaned that crap up.  That scared the ish out of me.  Now I’m just trying to keep my blood pressure low.  I’m starting to appear to have issues keeping my blood pressure in the 120s. I am going to have to monitor my numbers more closely now.

2 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

I was depressed, unhappy and angry because I was forced to spend 8 hours a day learning things that I never use today outside of multiplication, addition, subtraction and division

A study led by the University of Birmingham in collaboration with Public Health England found that antibodies against the virus were three-and-a-half times higher in those who had the second shot after 12 weeks compared with those who had it after a three-week interval.

Most people who have both shots of the vaccine will be well protected regardless of the timing, but the stronger response from the extra delay might prolong protection because antibody levels naturally wane over time.

We could have saved more people and given everyone even better protection by going with a first dose first strategy.  

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Your 2021 World Series Champions Braves Thread