The Your 2021 World Series Champions Braves Thread

4 minutes ago, bdog 29 said:

**** throw Bernie in with them. I personally do not care about any of these individuals as people. I am talking wholly about the Democratic party.

Okay, so every day I’m going to post something along the lines of “It’s been 44 Days and Bernie still hasn’t forgiven my student loans...I’M NEVER VOTING FOR ANOTHER PROGRESSIVE IN MY LIFE!!!   :argh:

And you’ll agree with me, right?

They do have to actually pass the election reform. They can't not do it because they couldn't figure out how to get it through the Senate. If that's not already in place by the time Republicans come back into power, the new Jim Crow will have won, and there won't be a way to change course because the Democrats will never have enough power to do anything about it.

4 minutes ago, eatcorn said:

Which begs the question: if you want to go big, then why not now?

And the answer is: they don't want to.

$1.9 trillion in stimulus followed by plans for another $2-3 trillion in infrastructure plus a comprehensive election reform bill plus future action on student loans seems kind of big to me.

2 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Okay, so every day I’m going to post something along the lines of “It’s been 44 Days and Bernie still hasn’t forgiven my student loans...I’M NEVER VOTING FOR ANOTHER PROGRESSIVE IN MY LIFE!!!   :argh:

And you’ll agree with me, right?

I like how you think this is a gotcha. It's precious.

2 minutes ago, Sponge said:

HM screaming in 72 font size...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJCPG0jf0tC0ZHYPsnAtx

Welcome to ABF, where repeating a brazen lie over and over and over again earns you mega "likes" but responding as (seemingly) necessary elicits derision.

ABF was 90% regurgitated memes before most of us figured out the Twitter copy embed function

You can still experience this beta by participating in the Best thing I saw Today  thread

Or just vist your Facebook 👀

3 minutes ago, AF89 said:

ABF was 90% regurgitated memes before most of us figured out the Twitter copy embed function

You can still experience this beta by participating in the Best thing I saw Today  thread

Or just vist your Facebook 👀

The ole' "you're old, you use Facebook" jab again?

I've never posted on FB btw, I made an account to use the marketplace to find video games though. The whole attention seeking social media thing isn't for me. 

I'll repeat what @Carter said... Defending Democrats right now is pretty dumb.

I've said this the whole time... They have 2 years to do something (realistically, 1.5 years). If they don't do enough to win my vote, they won't get it. If they don't vote the way I want them to, they won't get my vote. Period.

I don't care about the other side. They aren't doing anything to get my vote either. I'll sit my *** at home. I voted for them this side to combat Trump, but the "lesser of 2 evils" isn't good enough.

3 minutes ago, bdog 29 said:

Markets have been absolutely brutal the past few weeks. To think I'd be $10K richer if I'd just sold a few weeks ago when the idea randomly popped in my head. 🙃

Wish I got in on the Gamestop fiasco 

27 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

$1.9 trillion in stimulus followed by plans for another $2-3 trillion in infrastructure plus a comprehensive election reform bill plus future action on student loans seems kind of big to me.

I bet Obama basically funneling an entire stimulus to the top 1% seemed big, too.

57 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

First, it’s ludicrous to attack a politician for not doing something he never promised to do.  Would it be legitimate for me to attack Bernie for not introducing legislation to give free tires for every car?  And every single day post something like, “Day 44 and Bernie still hasn’t given us free tires...I’m NEVER VOTING PROGRESSIVE AGAIN!!!”.

When has anybody ever held politicians to that standard?  

Second, for all of the hot takes about 2022 and threats about Dems losing the election, what gets lost in the discussion is this...

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/republicans-2020-gains-in-the-house-set-them-up-well-for-2022/

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-fallout-from-texass-winter-storm-wont-hurt-republicans-at-the-ballot-box-in-2022/

There’s probably nothing that Dems can do to prevent losing the majority.  So all of this “if Dems don’t do X, they’re going to lose 2022 and deserve it” misses the much bigger, structural factors that drive elections.  

It doesn't. The point is to counter those structural factors. You want to pretend that all that matters is the structural and that this has been predetermined. I call BS on that. If Dems show voters that they care about that and that they will address the issues and concerns that they have, they will respond by coming out and voting for them in a large enough fashion to overcome the structural factors. 

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Your 2021 World Series Champions Braves Thread