The Your 2021 World Series Champions Braves Thread

@ya_boi_j The guy I shipped the board to got it yesterday. USPS still hasn't updated the tracking since I created the label :argh:

I think I might take your advice and start using Fed Ex for shipping expensive hardware. I love the post office but clearly they're a cluster **** with no organization. 

2 minutes ago, Sponge said:

@ya_boi_j The guy I shipped the board to got it yesterday. USPS still hasn't updated the tracking since I created the label :argh:

I think I might take your advice and start using Fed Ex for shipping expensive hardware. I love the post office but clearly they're a cluster **** with no organization. 

DeJoy is still in charge and fudging things up. Surprised Biden hasn't fired him and the board. 

3 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

DeJoy is still in charge and fudging things up. Surprised Biden hasn't fired him and the board. 

He needs to dump the board ASAP after DeJoy said to "get used to him since he'll be around for awhile."  Arrogant terds need swift response.

25 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

I don’t think Biden can directly fire him, but he can replace the Board with one that will fire him. 

But, yeah, too busy fighting for Neera (until they weren’t). 

40 minutes ago, Sponge said:

As long as home boy is in charge the post office is ******. I manage to cop a PS5 for a homie, shipped it to him and it took almost a full month when it was supposed to take like a week at most. Fed Ex has always been good to me. Good luck

29 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I don’t think Biden can directly fire him, but he can replace the Board with one that will fire him. 

But, yeah, too busy fighting for Neera (until they weren’t). 

Correct.

He can't fire him....nor can confirm.

Biden has nominated a new board though.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/24/politics/usps-board-of-governors-joe-biden-nominees/index.html

8 hours ago, Carter said:

They have had some good moments talking about doing good **** but this is more the speed I was expecting.

And yet Biden is insisting on not passing certain relief through executive order (ie: the 10k federal student debt cancellation) because he wants to do it through the Senate. Just a workaround way of saying they don't actually give a **** and it isn't going to pass.

This is why I didn't vote for that ******* slimeball.

So to recap the first few months of the Biden presidency:

Wavered on student loan forgiveness

Lowered stimulus amount and then capped said amount at a lower income threshold than Trump

Child separation policy still intact

Stock market crashing

Gas prices soaring

Food prices soaring

Filibuster still intact

As it stands now, Democrats are in for an absolute shellacking in 2022 and it's all their fault. I don't know how you can see what's going on in this country and think you can get by politically on the same Obama era BS that got us Trump to begin with. If I were Biden I'd look at all this **** and throw a political hail mary that'll at least get me some love from my base. But these guys are hellbent on pissing everyone off for the sake of moderation.

21 hours ago, Corn Pop said:

Check out what's happening at Atlanta clubs this weekend. Looks like we might see a Covid spike thanks to Adam Silver and Chris Paul's ill-conceived All Star Game.

VcYlGJt.jpg

OOkLUNI.jpg

tnx2w2V.jpg

@Mr. Hoopah! @The Monarch one of the most popular new rappers right now is named Pooh Shiesty, which would also be a great alias for a lawyer with diarrhea issues.

1 hour ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Biden can’t fire DeJoy.  Only the board of governors can replace him.  However, Biden nominated three people to the board (the only people he can nominate right now), which will change the balance of power.  Biden can’t force them to fire DeJoy, but the nominations that he’s made all appear to be open to a change in direction.

23 minutes ago, bdog 29 said:

So to recap the first few months of the Biden presidency:

Wavered on student loan forgiveness

Lowered stimulus amount and then capped said amount at a lower income threshold than Trump

Child separation policy still intact

Stock market crashing

Gas prices soaring

Food prices soaring

Filibuster still intact

As it stands now, Democrats are in for an absolute shellacking in 2022 and it's all their fault. I don't know how you can see what's going on in this country and think you can get by politically on the same Obama era BS that got us Trump to begin with. If I were Biden I'd look at all this **** and throw a political hail mary that'll at least get me some love from my base. But these guys are hellbent on pissing everyone off for the sake of moderation.

Good God, some the hot takes this morning are ridiculous.

”Child separation policy still intact”???

I posted an article just a day or so ago about how Biden had started the process of reuniting children separated from their parents, including allowing them to stay in the US and (IIRC) find a path to citizenship.  

Stock market “crashing”???

The trend has been upwards since November and no sign of a “crash”.

Gas prices and food prices “soaring”???

Gas prices were always going up as the economy opened.  The reason they were so low is because the pandemic and travel limitations.  As for food prices, I’ve not seen any indication that they are “soaring”.  Inflation is a concern, but it’s nothing alarming at the moment.

”Wavered on student loan forgiveness”???

It’s just a little over a freaking month in office.  Give him a little bit of time, especially since he’s trying to get the stimulus bill passed.  And I’ve seen nothing to indicate that he “wavered” on his $10k forgiveness promise, plus he extended the suspension of payments until September.  

Filibuster???

When did Biden say he would eliminate the filibuster?  

This constant “ZOMG THIS IS THE WORST THING EVER BIDEN IS TOAST AND DEMS DEMOLISHED” gets old.  

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Your 2021 World Series Champions Braves Thread