The Your 2021 World Series Champions Braves Thread

Mr. Hoopah!

8 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

Centrists such as Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia have spent weeks urging the administration to “target” the new round of $1,400 economic impact payments more narrowly to lower-income families in order avoid spending money on households that might not be facing financial difficulties at the moment. On Wednesday, Democrats said they would phase down the checks more quickly for higher earners than originally planned. As a result, approximately 11.8 million fewer adults and 4.6 million fewer children will benefit from a payment, according to an analysis by the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy.

Sending less money to fewer Americans than Trump did.

Those of you whose only real political goal is electing Democrats better be praying for a really strong economy in 2022 and 2024.

If the 12 billion dollar cut that most people are calculating turns out to be true and if they don't cut the defense budget by at least 12 billion.....I'll make my decision going forward. I already know what my decision is gonna be forced to be.

Where did they make the cuts during a once in a generation pandemic? Where did they increase the budget? 

9 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Well actually it is not your credit score that says that.

And I get the sentiment  but in reality often it is more expensive to own than rent.

There are instances where the opposite is true but ... especially in todays market, buying is going to be so much more expensive.

I have to make like 60k to afford a house in the area I want to buy a house and it’s just a regular suburban area. 300k is the low end and property tax is like 6k+ annually. It’s mind boggling. But the monthly cost of renting an apartment, at least in my area, is only a little less for a much smaller space and zero contribution toward ownership. If I was aiming for a lower income area, renting would be more expensive on top of throwing the money out the window.

I feel pretty fortunate to have gotten the apartment I have, some 5 years ago. They accept section 8 so there’s a set of rent regulations they have to abide by to get the public money. It’s significantly cheaper than similar apartments at regular market rates. These apartments are comparable to or better than most other apartments in the area... which go for about double in many cases.

Ive been shot down for years on getting a home loan specifically because of my credit score. I’m not sure what you’re referring to but that holds true at least for me. I’m in range now to qualify from what these loan officers have told me, but now I need qualifying income also. I’m working on it at least.

10 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

About 25 years ago, we got a bomb threat and the facility manager, two firemen, a cop and I walked through the entire building without saying a word to our employees. After it was determined to be safe, we called them all together and told them it was nothing to worry about.

Of course they wondered what would have happened if an actual bomb exploded without anybody being told. I'd find out later that the local safety department recommended that protocol although I'm still confused. My employees were heated, as well they should have been.

Not close to that but we have the same situation with Covid cases. They try to brush **** under the rug but when we find out all **** breaks loose. I'll never forget a few months ago, they sent the girl home that works right outside of my door and brought a cleaning crew in as if we wouldn't find out. 

What they do is call people who have been in contact to HR and tell them to keep it on the hush. Bruh this is a 98% black employed plant. We aint keeping that on the hush lol

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Your 2021 World Series Champions Braves Thread