The Your 2021 World Series Champions Braves Thread

9 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

At Auburn I was friends with several chemical engineering majors through my high school classmate/freshman year roommate, they all wound up in the Houston area working for oil and chemical companies.  None of them had to get graduate degrees, but it took longer than normal to graduate because they worked co-ops all through undergrad, they made a ****load of money while in school and even more now.  But living in Houston . . . nah. No thanks.

Houston is a cool area...it is one of the few areas in Texas that I did not mind going to but yeah...could not live there.

I like San Antonio aswell. The GF and I thought about a possible relocation there because it is pretty much the half way point between our families ( hers here in PHX and mine in Foley) and it was tempting because (at least at the time that I looked) the housing market was reasonable and the city itself is pretty cool with the River Walk being awesome but that is central Texas.

If you drive 8 hours north....you are still in Texas

If you drive 8 hours east....you are still in Texas

If you drive 8 hours west.... yup....still in Texas.

So despite having some amazing BBQ...Texas will always be a no go for me.

7 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Houston is a cool area...it is one of the few areas in Texas that I did not mind going to but yeah...could not live there.

I like San Antonio aswell. The GF and I thought about a possible relocation there because it is pretty much the half way point between our families ( hers here in PHX and mine in Foley) and it was tempting because (at least at the time that I looked) the housing market was reasonable and the city itself is pretty cool with the River Walk being awesome but that is central Texas.

If you drive 8 hours north....you are still in Texas

If you drive 8 hours east....you are still in Texas

If you drive 8 hours west.... yup....still in Texas.

So despite having some amazing BBQ...Texas will always be a no go for me.

Uh... if you drive 8 hours east, you will probably be in Mississippi. which actually is worse when you think about it. :rolleyes:

43 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I wish there was an elite safety prospect in this class, cause I still think that's our biggest area of need since it's unlikely we can bring back both Neal and Kazee, and only currently have one guy under contract. 

In the absence of an elite safety or an elite pass rusher, I don't think we can stay at four and expect anything to change before Smith's seat starts getting warm. The only way to really improve this team with this class is to trade down, repair the defense, and also find a 2-3 starters on offense between rb and the offensive line.

1 hour ago, AF89 said:

Lol just saw Fox lady try super hard to make this Cumo thing about Joe Biden hair sniffing.

They have literally zero self reflection about how they acted these past 5 years

Now thier claiming this culture of just riding out the scandal till the outrage goes away started with Northam

21 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Speaking of the Cardinals, Isiah Simmons was supposed to be the can’t miss defensive prospect last year, he had 20 less (54 to 74) combined tackles than Falcons first round rookie, AJ Terrell, a . . . CB. 

They had no clue how to use him last season. While I agree with what you're saying, I won't completely hold it against him

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

They had no clue how to use him last season. While I agree with what you're saying, I won't completely hold it against him

Ironically, it looks like he's behind De'Vondre Campbell on the depth chart at one of the two ILB positions.

Just now, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Ironically, it looks like he's behind De'Vondre Campbell on the depth chart at one of the two ILB positions.

IMO, that's where they ****** up at. They should have just lined him up beside Baker in the back end from the start and not try to play him at LB

6 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

You drove super slow. :lol:

Texas is one of those places that I take my time in.

As bad as it sucks to drive through, Of the 6 or 8 times that I have been pulled over in my life....4 of them have been in Texas.

5 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

As bad as it sucks to drive through, Of the 6 or 8 times that I have been pulled over in my life....4 of them have been in Texas.

I drove through the entirety of Texas twice. Once from GA to Cali and back again.

Never again. It literally takes an entire day to drive through that sumbisch.

Somebody got my card info but they paid for a **** BJ's membership. Admittedly I don't know what you can and can't get away with when using somebody else card info but a thing that has someone's name on it seems like a bad idea.

5 minutes ago, Statick said:

I drove through the entirety of Texas twice. Once from GA to Cali and back again.

Never again. It literally takes an entire day to drive through that sumbisch.

I have done it a dozen or so times......it never gets easier.

3 minutes ago, Aleksandr sportolli said:

Somebody got my card info but they paid for a **** BJ's membership. Admittedly I don't know what you can and can't get away with when using somebody else card info but a thing that has someone's name on it seems like a bad idea.

A BJ membership huh

1 minute ago, Aleksandr sportolli said:

I thought about following it up with wholesale club but I'm letting the chips fall where they will.

I was going to lean towards you using really meaning your tool but I couldn't think of a clever way to make sense of it. 

23 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

All I’m saying is, unless you hit traffic, if you aren’t in La in three hours or in Okla in six, grandpa must be driving! :lol:

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

Yup.

In the summer in houston you take a shower and within 3 minutes of going outside you need another shower because the humidity is so **** bad.

Here....in the summer you take a shower and within 3 minutes of going out side your lungs feel like you just snorted a burning charcoal.

Just different types of misery.

Walk out of Sky Harbor and it feels like they preheated Phoenix to 425*

2 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Walk out of Sky Harbor and it feels like they preheated Phoenix to 425*

Indeed.

If you get hungry just carry a Tortinos pizza in your backpack for 15 minutes....lunch will be served.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Your 2021 World Series Champions Braves Thread