The Your 2021 World Series Champions Braves Thread

Mr. Hoopah!

Just now, RandomFan said:

At least the Brits had enough sense to finally get rid of their Trump. That's more than we were able to accomplish. 

there's a 100% chance he's getting replaced by someone even worse, you don't have to hand it to the brits.

8 hours ago, achilles return said:

yeah, what about this random act of mass violence from four years ago?????

a guy uses a van one time in canada and that means we can do absolutely nothing about this:

deaths-vs-guns.png

100315-beltway-image-one.jpg

It still dumbfounds me how you give gun lectures here after recently purchasing an AR15. This is like JDave's Groundhog Day.

23 minutes ago, Sponge said:

It still dumbfounds me how you give gun lectures here after recently purchasing an AR15. This is like JDave's Groundhog Day.

You're the guy who yells 'just write a check to the government for more money!' when people suggest raising taxes, aren't you?

23 minutes ago, Sponge said:

i think a lot of people invested in gun culture are being dishonest or disingenuous about the causal relationship between the prevalence of firearms and the amount of people killed by firearms. it's an extremely obvious statistical relationship.

and whatever hobbyist interest i have in firearms isn't more important than the societal interest in keeping people safe.

9 hours ago, achilles return said:

yeah, what about this random act of mass violence from four years ago?????

a guy uses a van one time in canada and that means we can do absolutely nothing about this:

deaths-vs-guns.png

100315-beltway-image-one.jpg

The point is the method changes. Similar to Japan where the preferred method for mass murder is now arson instead of guns. One could also make the argument Canada has less because they have universal healthcare. 

13 minutes ago, shc said:

The point is the method changes. Similar to Japan where the preferred method for mass murder is now arson instead of guns. One could also make the argument Canada has less because they have universal healthcare. 

Dude... They've had 5 mass killings via arson since 2000...

Again, rookie numbers.

9 hours ago, achilles return said:

anyone pretending the prevalence of guns has nothing to do with the number of gun deaths is either lying or an idiot.

Gun deaths can’t be caused by anything but a gun. But for your statement to be true, the gun death rate would’ve gone up every year, and it hasn’t. From 1993 to 2011, there was a 39% drop in gun violence, and the number of guns has risen. While the last 2 years, it has gone up, but you could make an argument about the pandemic and income equality. 

1 hour ago, eatcorn said:

You're the guy who yells 'just write a check to the government for more money!' when people suggest raising taxes, aren't you?

lmao 🤣 what?.........seriously what?? 

1 hour ago, achilles return said:

i think a lot of people invested in gun culture are being dishonest or disingenuous about the causal relationship between the prevalence of firearms and the amount of people killed by firearms. it's an extremely obvious statistical relationship.

The two main problems with guns- 1. the 2nd amendment was for muskets. They had muskets in mind while writing it. 2. America is saturated with firearms. Gun company's are pumping out the 2023 models as we speak.

and whatever hobbyist interest i have in firearms isn't more important than the societal interest in keeping people safe.

Then why not practice what you preach?

4 minutes ago, Sponge said:

Then why not practice what you preach?

I think he's voting for people who would restrict access to guns, and therefore laws to which he would accede. Thus my previous comment.

Individual action is meaningless in circumstances like these. 

45 minutes ago, shc said:

ok? if the 'method changes' to something tremendously less effective, then that's a significant win in terms of lives saved, is it not? if you're going to argue that a vehicle or fire is just as effective at mass murder as a semi-automatic rifle with detachable magazines, i'm just going to laugh at you.

1 hour ago, eatcorn said:

7 minutes ago, eatcorn said:

I think he's voting for people who would restrict access to guns, and therefore laws to which he would accede. Thus my previous comment.

Individual action is meaningless in circumstances like these. 

So confused right now 😆 I think you accused me of paying my taxes, in some kind of irrelevant off-hand insult.