Jump to content

The Your 2021 World Series Champions Braves Thread


Mr. Hoopah!
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 7/5/2022 at 11:52 AM, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

But why is that? What's the cause for more and more people being like that in today's age?

 

Exposing too much to the youth through music, television, and social media?

 

Too many copycats fueled by others due to the news talking about the shooters at nausem and giving them 15 minutes of fame until the next one?

 

Something else?

 

I want to get deep into this discussion with everyone.

It's guns. It's always been guns.

 

These dudes are pansies. The only reason they feel brave enough to do any of this is because they have a gun in their hand.

 

It's. Guns.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

It's guns. It's always been guns.

 

These dudes are pansies. The only reason they feel brave enough to do any of this is because they have a gun in their hand.

 

It's. Guns.

 

True, but I think that's a huge part but not just the entire reason.

 

It's some reason why a lot of these mass shooters are now thinking that it's cool. I think the media plays a huge part of it as well because these acts become glorified by giving the shooters 15 minutes of fame. They even talk about their early childhoods and stuff like that on many occasions on the news.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, lostone said:

Well looks like they made a site update.

 

more importantly, my boy is home yall.

 

I also have never met this grandmother before… I’ve know this woman for like 16 years… I don’t know this lady.  Kid is stealing hearts at 2 weeks.

Congratulations brother.... great to hear that he is home and healthy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

True, but I think that's a huge part but not just the entire reason.

 

It's some reason why a lot of these mass shooters are now thinking that it's cool. I think the media plays a huge part of it as well because these acts become glorified by giving the shooters 15 minutes of fame. They even talk about their early childhoods and stuff like that on many occasions on the news.

I would agree, but we don't see that anecdotally. If that were the case, we would see the same thing in other wealthy countries. We don't.

 

We only see it here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

I would agree, but we don't see that anecdotally. If that were the case, we would see the same thing in other wealthy countries. We don't.

 

We only see it here.

 

Do other countries glorify violent offenders like we do here in the US though?

 

Many American serial killers have become legendary here through media.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lostone said:

Well looks like they made a site update.

 

more importantly, my boy is home yall.

 

I also have never met this grandmother before… I’ve know this woman for like 16 years… I don’t know this lady.  Kid is stealing hearts at 2 weeks.

 

Congratulations man

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

 

It rules that this is probably the only hope we have for new space exploration for either a full generation or untill the Chinese do it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

Another installment of Weird Food Wednesday's.

 

I just took a price of Safeway bakery sourdough (their bread is just bomb)

And slathered it with some of this pineapple fruit spread from trader joes which is also bomb

And then put some pretzel's on it.

not bad team GIF

 

I took some bread and I put some more bread on my bread feels like a skit of some sort.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

Do other countries glorify violent offenders like we do here in the US though?

 

Many American serial killers have become legendary here through media.

They do. They have movies and media. I don't think our country uniquely glorify them, they work for clicks just like every other media agency.

 

I watch a lot of BBC, it's the same.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

I would agree, but we don't see that anecdotally. If that were the case, we would see the same thing in other wealthy countries. We don't.

 

We only see it here.

What about that Canadian incel that killed 10 people with a Van on Yonge Street?

Edited by shc
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...