The Your 2021 World Series Champions Braves Thread

Mr. Hoopah!

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Moist Words said:

If you don't think it's fair to say that it's a plethora of guns being available, and you don't think it's fair to say that it's a mental health epidemic.......where do you stand?

It seems fair to me to say that any person who goes out with the goal of killing as many people as possible, they do so, and then generally we follow that up with a history of violent behavior being reported....I mean it's fair to say that a lack of mental health treatment in America might play a big part here. That's a big part of most gun rights folks argument really.

I'm confused as to where exactly you stand. No setup, no argument.....I legitimately don't understand your position based off your recent posting.

I didn’t speak to a plethora of guns, just stating it as a mental health issue seems unfair given that these people are an extremely small minority of people with a mental health issue. But I more specifically stated it as they have an anger issue. 

what doesn’t seem to get pointed out in this instance is Illinois has some of the strictest gun laws in the country, and only lack one or two that people demand after each mass shooting. But what we do see here is a lack of enforcement of existing laws.

My stance is I am all about keeping guns out of the hands of people that shouldn’t have them.  Where I tend to have problems is laws that wouldn’t have prevented said incident, laws that prevent law abiding citizens the ability to defend themselves, or laws that focus on a small portion of the problem. I have stated before, that I am good with raising the age of adulthood to 21, which would include purchasing a firearm. I am all for the requirement of doing background checks for personal sales. I do not think there should be any further bans based on the action of a firearm. 

I am a huge proponent of Medicare for all, and actually think that would have more of an impact on gun deaths than any of the gun laws proposed. 

Edited by shc

9 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Thought so. Growing up people who were known as queer was identified as gay where I came from as well.

What confused me nowadays was a person that used to work with identified himself as queer but yet had a wife and kids that he went home to. Tried to ask him doesn't he mean that he's bi, only for him to say that he's queer because he likes men along with women but he has some strong feminine ways.

I just said.......okay.

Queer is just a shorter way of saying LGBT+ (in my experience).

1 hour ago, AF89 said:

I think all the "hey watch this" and firework blunders over the next few days are my new obsession

Dude has on a D&D shirt.  So happy nerd culture is going to be cool when my son gets into school.  Though I only played D&D online for like a month or 2 because I’m a murder hobo

12 hours ago, Tribal Chief said:

I don't even try to understand people today. They don't even understand themselves 

Queer generally just means 'I do not fit into the standard two gender straight norms'.

i love that we got a decade of stock buybacks, quantitative easing, soaring profit margins and crushing the national income for labor, then we get like a single year of a tight labor market with some modest wage growth, finally, which itself is being outdone by supply-shocked inflation, and these ******* ******** are seriously like "you dumb peasants have had it too good for too long, get ready to eat ****" 

1 hour ago, AF89 said:

Probably. But that is only because of Lebron's status as the world's most known active basketball player. Griner isn't on that level even as an WNBA superstar.

I bet a male NBA player who isn't a superstar would get the same treatment as Griner.

On 7/5/2022 at 10:37 AM, DonOfThemBirds said:

All these mass shootings and senseless murders.

Who is all in favor of the US bringing back the electric chair?

Just the fear alone will have at least some of them thinking.

None of these dudes fear the death penalty. They know they'll be Martyrs to incels everywhere.