Jump to content

The Your 2021 World Series Champions Braves Thread


Mr. Hoopah!
 Share

Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, Andrews_31 said:

They brought this clown in alive???  WTH???  If he was black, the cops would still be shooting at his dead corpse.........or they would have sent a robot in to kill him like they did in Dallas!  'Merica y'all!

I assume they got him some Burger King on the way to jail. And then tell everyone he was just having a bad day. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

 

Until they're not white and posts get deleted. As with all mass shootings, Twitter's virtue signalers love to scream white guy before there's a suspect description. That Christmas day parade with the black guy driving over children started the same way. You could almost feel the backdraft of posts being deleted by them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/2/2022 at 11:41 PM, Mr.11 said:

At least they won't have to worry about their kid being a victim in a school shooting. Public education has needed an overhaul for a long time anyway. I'm still debating whether or not to homeschool my kids when I have them.

I don't think private schools are going to stop the shootings. Break it, Blame it, Sell it, is not a fix for the public education system. As far as home schooling goes, if you have the time and resources go for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Door Gunner said:

I don't think private schools are going to stop the shootings. Break it, Blame it, Sell it, is not a fix for the public education system. As far as home schooling goes, if you have the time and resources go for it.

The pandemic taught a lot of parents that were thinking about homeschooling what it actually takes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, shc said:

The pandemic taught a lot of parents that were thinking about homeschooling what it actually takes. 

No way in heck am I homeschooling.  I have come to realize that I suck at all subjects now.  I used to be baller at math, now I can barely do math in my head.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, lostone said:

No way in heck am I homeschooling.  I have come to realize that I suck at all subjects now.  I used to be baller at math, now I can barely do math in my head.

Mine has been doing virtual learning for the past 2 years and it's been great. Got her signed up for it this year too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lostone said:

No way in heck am I homeschooling.  I have come to realize that I suck at all subjects now.  I used to be baller at math, now I can barely do math in my head.

There is a difference between knowing something and being able to teach something. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Sponge said:

Mine has been doing virtual learning for the past 2 years and it's been great. Got her signed up for it this year too.

Virtual learning meaning connecting via a computer to a teacher?  
 

I had one that did great with that, and one that became a great artist. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/1/2022 at 1:15 PM, HolyMoses said:

So I "joined" a semi private Club.  One of the "benefits" for paying to join a club that the public can play is you can book your own tee times on line and see who has made reservations.

I was thinking of driving up Monday so I checked the t sheet and I see Andruw Jones.  He's paired with a member and a "To Be Determined" plus there is an empty spot for the fourth.

I booked it.

Is that wrong?

So I got some things wrong.  There were a total of three bookings.  I was the only "member" Andruw and booked with a TBD, and the person I thought was a member was actually just an individual on vacation in Blue Ridge who made a tee time . . . and, by pure coincidence had been a reliever for the Yankees.

Jones was just an excellent guy to play a round of golf with .  He was very intelligent about his game, hit the ball a mile, obviously, encouraging to the rest of us, and has freakish good vision.  Not a surprise for a gold glove center fielder, but he knew where your ball was going and could immediately find it in the crap.

Also.  Nice Lambo.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HolyMoses said:

So I got some things wrong.  There were a total of three bookings.  I was the only "member" Andruw and booked with a TBD, and the person I thought was a member was actually just an individual on vacation in Blue Ridge who made a tee time . . . and, by pure coincidence had been a reliever for the Yankees.

Jones was just an excellent guy to play a round of golf with .  He was very intelligent about his game, hit the ball a mile, obviously, encouraging to the rest of us, and has freakish good vision.  Not a surprise for a gold glove center fielder, but he knew where your ball was going and could immediately find it in the crap.

Also.  Nice Lambo.

 

He's at home games all the time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, shc said:

Virtual learning meaning connecting via a computer to a teacher?  
 

I had one that did great with that, and one that became a great artist. 

Yep, with the teacher. But now she's starting 9th grade and we're not sure what to expect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...