The Your 2021 World Series Champions Braves Thread

Mr. Hoopah!

49 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Texan politicians are already talking about arming teachers. Can't imagine how putting weapons in the underpaid and overstressed hands of frontline workers can go wrong.

Oh and IF there is ever a shooter again, they will have the advantage of firepower as well as the element of surprise/aggression. 

Can’t see how either of those would be a bad thing, you know. 

Since the Teachers have the element of fear, trying to heard dozens of kids and everything to loose.

14 minutes ago, achilles return said:

this country is outrageously brutal to anyone that isn't well-off. if what you were saying actually had anything to do with it, why wouldn't this be happening in other wealthy countries that are much 'softer'?

I'm talking soft as in they worry more about hurt feelings due to words other than people who are physically out there doing destruction towards our communities 

2 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I'm talking soft as in they worry more about hurt feelings due to words other than people who are physically out there doing destruction towards our communities 

That's because most of the destruction isn't happening in the communities that matter. There's a reason why cops stop and search people on some parts of town but not others. And the reason isn't the presumption of finding contraband or illegal activity since study after study shows that drug usage is virtually the same in the suburbs as it is in the city. Not coincidentally, someone displaying "suspicious" affect will be stopped and directed away from wealthy areas but permitted to travel undeterred in others.

That's the "order" part of "law & order".

1 hour ago, The Monarch said:

Thank god Fox News is highlighting the real issue here - the need to make this **** country even more of a theocracy

"Your God had your unfaithful little *** nerfed in history class because youre a heathen. 

My wife reaalllyyy wants to go back to church, but my word, the politicization of faith in this country makes it hard as **** to trust any of them. 

Also. Twitter is so far away from the worst social media platform in this country, that it always makes me chuckle when people say *its* the reason for chaos.

You think Twitter has melted the brains of our society more than Facebook has to 50+ year olds? Or Instagram has for 25 and under? Sure. 

16 minutes ago, WOR said:

Also. Twitter is so far away from the worst social media platform in this country, that it always makes me chuckle when people say *its* the reason for chaos.

You think Twitter has melted the brains of our society more than Facebook has to 50+ year olds? Or Instagram has for 25 and under? Sure. 

My Twitter feed is mostly musicians, bands, labels, and sports. I'm pretty sure Twitter isn't melting my brain by notifying me of new releases and tours.

Twitter is what the user makes it.

39 minutes ago, WOR said:

Or what cable news has done to anyone over 45 (and many younger than that!).

3 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

Texan politicians are already talking about arming teachers. Can't imagine how putting weapons in the underpaid and overstressed hands of frontline workers can go wrong.

Texas politicians are ****ed up in the head.