The Your 2021 World Series Champions Braves Thread

Mr. Hoopah!

4 hours ago, Serge said:

image.png.149ab80679b91088fec927d58a413eaf.png

I'm preaching to empty online churches that money and votes are the only way to change. They're taking votes away, so the only way to force the change necessary to fix most problems is to stop paying people for the privilege of abusing us. Corporations are putting solidarity messages on their websites while putting millions in the pockets of pols they know are destroying the lives of millions.

Take away their money and they'll support who and what their customers want them to support. ****, send Walmart into Chapter 11 and just the threat of targeting any other company/corporation will fix 95% of the problems. But America can stomach abuse much easier than she can handle paying a little bit more for a pair shoes by buying them from another store.

They laugh at our acquiescence, even as we make them rich.

27 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

I'm preaching to empty online churches that money and votes are the only way to change. They're taking votes away, so the only way to force the change necessary to fix most problems is to stop paying people for the privilege of abusing us. Corporations are putting solidarity messages on their websites while putting millions in the pockets of pols they know are destroying the lives of millions.

Take away their money and they'll support who and what their customers want them to support. ****, send Walmart into Chapter 11 and just the threat of targeting any other company/corporation will fix 95% of the problems. But America can stomach abuse much easier than she can handle paying a little bit more for a pair shoes by buying them from another store.

Yeah, the issue is, the corruption went on for far too long, and too much money has already shifted. Meaning, you can't.

I can stop shopping at Walmart. But, that leaves me with Fry's (Kroger) or Safeway (Albertson's), and both have the same track record of supporting ****ty politicians.

Same with Nike. I can ditch them, but Adidas/Reebok/etc are all the same.

Gotta burn the system down to fix it.

1 hour ago, JayOzOne said:

The problem with the thing gaining popularity now of tying all Republican racism to their belief in Great Replacement Theory is that that's one of the ones where the Jews are at the center of everything, whereas most Republicans are at least publicly supportive of Israel, and accusing them of adhering to an anti-Semitic conspiracy theory they've never explicitly supported invites them to act as if they'd never heard of that particular conspiracy theory.

Then we're expecting corporations to, I guess, disavow Republicans and right-wing media because people who consume a lot of left-wing media think that the Republicans and right-wing media are still ultimately responsible for the Buffalo shooter. The problem with that strategy is practical; it's not going to have the intended effect if the left thinks it has leverage on the corporations and the corporations think that the left is a month away from saying Obama believed in the Great Replacement Theory.

1 hour ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Yeah, the issue is, the corruption went on for far too long, and too much money has already shifted. Meaning, you can't.

I can stop shopping at Walmart. But, that leaves me with Fry's (Kroger) or Safeway (Albertson's), and both have the same track record of supporting ****ty politicians.

Same with Nike. I can ditch them, but Adidas/Reebok/etc are all the same.

Gotta burn the system down to fix it.

Here's the thing: If you can put one corporation in a problematic situation, you can leverage it to actually change its political commitments. Heck, do it right and you can bring a full shift of who it supports. If Walmart (for example) suddenly dried the tap on conservative politicians and their causes, it'd be testament to what a committed group can do. Target Albertson's next and they'll do whatever benefits the stockholders. If Walmart switched and the people who stayed away suddenly return in great numbers (while avoiding Albertson's and Kroger), the other stores would break their necks trying to convince the public they're part of the actual solution. It's simple economics.

The problem is one of commitment and energy, neither of which I believe the American public maintains in any amount. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

It would be a shame if they **** around and run up on the wrong one. You notice that they always seem to pull this stuff in states where people are less likely to be packing. 

I mean, they could keep on driving down to Compton and see what happens

edited to add I just saw @RandomFan’s similar comment from 5 hours ago. 

Edited by shc

4 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

Here's the thing: If you can put one corporation in a problematic situation, you can leverage it to actually change its political commitments. Heck, do it right and you can bring a full shift of who it supports. If Walmart (for example) suddenly dried the tap on conservative politicians and their causes, it'd be testament to what a committed group can do. Target Albertson's next and they'll do whatever benefits the stockholders. If Walmart switched and the people who stayed away suddenly return in great numbers (while avoiding Albertson's and Kroger), the other stores would break their necks trying to convince the public they're part of the actual solution. It's simple economics.

The problem is one of commitment and energy, neither of which I believe the American public maintains in any amount. 

You'd have to have a concerted effort, which doesn't occur. The public won't stay behind anything because for a lot of people, convenience is more important than principles.

3 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

You'd have to have a concerted effort, which doesn't occur. The public won't stay behind anything because for a lot of people, convenience is more important than principles.

You know it. If somebody decided to boycott Nike (for whatever reason), it would take a BOGO half off of new Jordans to get them to break the boycott. They'd get to the stores two days early and the line would stretch around the block. That's why I'm not down for marching or signing online petitions. When y'all* are serious about changing things, give me a holler. In the meantime, do things the same way you always do and act surprised when the same **** happens again next week. Wash. Rinse. Then, repeat.

*Not you, actually. Just ranting.

1 hour ago, JayOzOne said:

You know it. If somebody decided to boycott Nike (for whatever reason), it would take a BOGO half off of new Jordans to get them to break the boycott. They'd get to the stores two days early and the line would stretch around the block. That's why I'm not down for marching or signing online petitions. When y'all* are serious about changing things, give me a holler. In the meantime, do things the same way you always do and act surprised when the same **** happens again next week. Wash. Rinse. Then, repeat.

*Not you, actually. Just ranting.

It's why I'm finding myself more and more indifferent to politics.

What difference does it all make? Ultimately, people in large groups are stupid. And because of that, they do stupid things. So while someone that cares can do a bunch to try to help, ultimately, it can be undone by a handful of people doing something moronic.

For example, I've been one to put my money where my mouth is. I installed solar on 2 houses, didn't save me money, just because I thought it would help with climate change. But, all it takes is a few turds buying giant *** trucks to offset what I did. I donated to a bunch of decent politicians, and all it takes is 10 people donating 1/10th of what I did to offset that.

Being concerned is exhausting. Being involved is exhausting. And ultimately, it hasn't mattered.