The Your 2021 World Series Champions Braves Thread

Mr. Hoopah!

12 hours ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Hoo-boy

They are evil people, all of my them.

A lifetime of being told racism is fake, and it ended when MLK died, has created a generation of monsters.  American public education has done a terrible job of educating its youth.  I can only imagine what the white wealthy that fled segregated schools learned in private “Christian” schools.

10 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

J.D. Vance, who will represent Ohio in the Senate next year, ran a campaign ad that said Democrats were letting criminals come over the border to vote for them. Also blamed Mexicans for his mother's drug abuse. All of the Republican candidates charged headlong to the bottom by telling viewers they weren't racist before immediately launching into the most racist promises made since George Wallace.

If Democrats spent more time calling out J.D. Vance, the main thing that would do is announce to Peter Thiel that his monster is ready for national politics.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Democrats can't talk about anything, ever, pt. 175,087 by serge.

I don't understand choosing to believe that conservatives don't define themselves in opposition to the left when most of their success in recent history has come from doing exactly that. Vance had no presence whatsoever among Republicans until he just decided to be a Trump guy. And they rewarded him for that, because they don't give a **** what he was before; they care that he's gonna be a weapon against the left.

Liberal media figures are daring the Democrats to identify specific Republicans who, by voicing their prior opinions, are now unequivocally pushing #GreatReplacementTheory, and the left just can't figure out why the Democrats don't want to do that.

By pushing the idea that any conservative opinions could represent #GRT, they're locking themselves into the idea that they can't support the immigration policies that most of their constituents are actually supportive of without risking backlash from the left closer midterms. It's a ******* terrible idea for the Democrats as a political party, which is exactly why corporate liberal media and social media leftists are all pushing for it while, for some reason, the Democrats appear to be trying to simply navigate the situation without damaging themselves.

Not to mention they'd practically be crowning the Republicans whose boots are gonna be on our necks before long.

1 minute ago, NightPain said:

Why?

Because every time a democrat discusses republicans, Trump ***** into his own hands, smears his **** all over his body, and then hugs democrats, getting Trump's **** all over them.  Square root of yellow is Judas Priest chess.

If my reasoning on this particular subject strikes you as unrealistic, consider that the Democrats are sentient human beings who have worked in politics, many of them for a very long time, and they might be previously familiar with situations where corporations or other areas of the government influenced the left in a direction that worked against their own interests.

10 minutes ago, Serge said:

Liberal media figures are daring the Democrats to identify specific Republicans who, by voicing their prior opinions, are now unequivocally pushing #GreatReplacementTheory, and the left just can't figure out why the Democrats don't want to do that.

By pushing the idea that any conservative opinions could represent #GRT, they're locking themselves into the idea that they can't support the immigration policies that most of their constituents are actually supportive of without risking backlash from the left closer midterms. It's a ******* terrible idea for the Democrats as a political party, which is exactly why corporate liberal media and social media leftists are all pushing for it while, for some reason, the Democrats appear to be trying to simply navigate the situation without damaging themselves.

Not to mention they'd practically be crowning the Republicans whose boots are gonna be on our necks before long.

10 minutes ago, Serge said:

Part of their boots on our necks has been voter surpression tactics in Hope's of fixing previous election losses.

12 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

Part of their boots on our necks has been voter surpression tactics in Hope's of fixing previous election losses.

There's a lot of parts. They've been at this for decades.

5 minutes ago, lostone said:

Lupus + pregnancy has been a crazy combo on my wife.  There were concerns with heart issues, but my sons heart has been going strong.  Trying to keep my wife as stress free as possible.  We are at week 31…

good bye my sweet prince sleep.  You will be missed.  Shameless poke to show @JDaveG

Dude, I'm sorry.  I've been missing a ton of sleep lately too (shingles -- get your vaccines).  I hope it passes soon.

11 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

More Subprime Borrowers Are Missing Loan Payments

Borrowers with limited or troubled credit histories are defaulting on credit cards, car loans and personal loans

https://www.wsj.com/articles/more-subprime-borrowers-are-missing-loan-payments-11652952602

It's gonna get worse too.

For the most part, the mortgage industry did "ok" during the last bull run, there weren't a ton of "frivolous" cash out refis. We saw mostly home improvement and debt consolidation stuff. Or, just refi for rate and/or term.

With that said, people definitely over-borrowed. 100%. Some of that was because the housing prices were up, so they didn't really have a choice. But we did see a bunch of high DTI loans (40%), a bunch of investments, etc. The issue with those is that it just takes a small nudge to fall behind. Just a fridge dying or a tire needing replaced. And once you're behind, you're stuck because so much of your money goes to your payment.

I bought during that period, but I had a ton of equity from the old place. Bought for $240k, sold for $560k, rolled a bunch into the new place. Bought the new place for $618k, Zestimate (take it with a grain of salt) is $723k without accounting for the pool or solar. But... we have a dip**** of a neighbor who bought for $450k, cashed out, and is foreclosing now because the payments are behind. Can't wait for that dude to move. He sucks.