The Your 2021 World Series Champions Braves Thread

Mr. Hoopah!

7 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

A buddy of mine got cancer from eating the brown eye 30 years ago ..no sheit doctor's confirmed

You got me on this one, don't know whether to laugh, cry, or give my condolences to your friend!  I'd reason picking day old corn out of his teeth would do that to him, so thanks for the cautionary words of wisdom!:lol:

7 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

Yes, I'm agreeing with W.  He was right.  EVERYONE agreed with W.   It was a no brainer.

Which is why it was incredibly revealing when Tulsi Gabbard took such a bizarre contrarian position. 

And here's the thing about the Taliban:  They are ALL about maintaining power.  They have historically engaged in pretty ruthless atrocities to oppress and subjugate their people to maintain power.  We can discuss the extent to which this is "not your father's Taliban."  But I THINK we can have a reasonable discussion about whether giving the Taliban access to Billions of dollars is the best way to feed Afghanistan.  The irony sucks, but where did this money come from?  It is OUR money we tossed around to folks we trusted who built their own wealth rather than build the Afghanistan economy in the first place.

And here's the thing about the US:  They are ALL about maintaining power.  They have historically engaged in pretty ruthless atrocities to oppress and subjugate their people to maintain power.  We can discuss the extent to which this is "not your father's United States."  But I THINK we can have a reasonable discussion about whether giving the US access to Billions of dollars is the best way to feed Americans.  The irony sucks, but where did this money come from?  It is OUR money we tossed around to folks we trusted who built their own wealth rather than build the American economy in the first place.

Weird that it fits so well.

Just now, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

And here's the thing about the US:  They are ALL about maintaining power.  They have historically engaged in pretty ruthless atrocities to oppress and subjugate their people to maintain power.  We can discuss the extent to which this is "not your father's United States."  But I THINK we can have a reasonable discussion about whether giving the US access to Billions of dollars is the best way to feed Americans.  The irony sucks, but where did this money come from?  It is OUR money we tossed around to folks we trusted who built their own wealth rather than build the American economy in the first place.

Weird that it fits so well.

Not as weird as drawing an equivalency between the U.S. and the Taliban.

That's pretty f'd up.  Especially the "ruthless atrocities" part.  There ARE matters of degrees, you know.

1 minute ago, HolyMoses said:

Not as weird as drawing an equivalency between the U.S. and the Taliban.

That's pretty f'd up.  Especially the "ruthless atrocities" part.  There ARE matters of degrees, you know.

Which part? Killing kids? Killing innocent people? What's the Taliban's count? Bet ours is higher...

4 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Drugging the population? Corruption? Bombing strategic or historically important landmarks? Overthrowing govts?

Our govt is no different. In fact, if anything, we're more efficient. So what part differentiates us? Our feelings towards Israel?

Tell me the classic authoritarian agenda of eroding trust in major democratic institutions is highly effective without . . . . . 

Again, I appreciate the horrors that have been American foreign and domestic policy, but if you actually believe that, it is a complete waste of my time to engage.

1 minute ago, HolyMoses said:

Tell me the classic authoritarian agenda of eroding trust in major democratic institutions is highly effective without . . . . . 

Again, I appreciate the horrors that have been American foreign and domestic policy, but if you actually believe that, it is a complete waste of my time to engage.

I can't imagine how it would be effective, though. Donald Trump is the ringleader, and he's so stupid he spent the whole Mueller investigation talking about how rad it would be to hang out with Vladimir Putin.

Just now, HolyMoses said:

You can't fathom that someone can form conclusions after watching US policy for the last 20+ years? I graduated in 2001. I watched 9/11. I watched everything that came after. I had friends go over and come back ****** in the head. I heard stories about what took place. I watched us move the goalposts to fit the agenda.

I'm not the one with the agenda here. I'm an observer who absolutely has a well earned distrust of our approach to foreign policy. You have no issue with it, as long as it's your guy doing it, or your team receiving the bennies. That's the issue. You like the taste of boots, I prefer we don't engage in regime change, causing regional instability, and I'm pretty against apartheid. All things you seem to accept as long as it's your team doing it. I'm ok with criticizing when I see an injustice.

Here's a little trick that I learned as a toddler, you know, before "leftist twitter" told me what to think... Do unto others. If you wouldn't like it done to you, they probably don't like it done to them. Golden rule, 1st grade **** man... So, if someone grabbed all of your cash, everything you had put together, and took it because your govt did some nefarious ****, how would you like it?

5 minutes ago, Door Gunner said:

Reading ABF this morning and suddenly realizing that the only thig Biden needs to do to make all this Middle East nonsense OK, is to pay off student loans.

Spit Take GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Nah, if he would've stayed in his lane and forgiven them, maybe. He's ensuring that none of us ever vote D again. Hope you guys like fascism.

52 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

An owner or occupier of a property is liable for damages caused by known hazards on its property.  The Taliban knew about it, protected it, fostered it. 

I’m in a mediation in Macon today, but are we really applying Georgia premises liability law to a middle eastern country that, you know, didn’t do 9/11? 

Here's the thing that goes unmentioned... We're the reason groups like the taliban exist. We're the reason for Al Qaeda. We're the reason. Alone. Us.

Every time we bomb an innocent to remove a "terrorist", we create 10 more. Every time we go in for regime change, we leave a vacuum. That position gets filled, generally by a group that promises to never let it happen again. Every. Single. Time.

If someone invaded the US, blew a bunch of people up, and any of us fought back, we'd be patriots. But, if we're doing the invading, they're "insurrectionists". We celebrate the Revolutionist that created this country. We condemn those who stand up for their own. I'm not going to give credit to the Taliban, but it's foolish to look at the US and think we're any better.

5 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

We're the reason for Al Qaeda. .

You know that reminds me of something I haven't seen on leftist twitter where I get all my thoughts from...

Some of these folks we're arming and training in Ukraine to defend themselves against Russia aren't exactly angels.......I'm sure there's no way that has/could possibly come back to bite us in the ***.

1 hour ago, Andrews_31 said:

Son, your dad is a boomer, I just starting eating high at the y about 10 years ago, not eating NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO booty!!!:lol:

Not eating *** in today's dating scene is kind of like being unvaccinated in a European country.  Sure, you can still survive, but your options will be incredibly limited.