The Your 2021 World Series Champions Braves Thread

18 hours ago, achilles return said:

well yes, they were. explicitly so. have you read the things written by white southerners during the antebellum era? they thought their slave-based society was literally ordained by god. 

you do realize that african slaves weren't already christian before they got here, right? how do you think that happened?

Evangelical Christianity in America has always been weaponized to protect their version of white privilege and power structure in America.

Which would have explained to me as a kid in the 70s/80s as to why they could come to my church, but it was a problem with me going to theirs.

22 minutes ago, Statick said:

Evangelical Christianity in America has always been weaponized to protect their version of white privilege and power structure in America.

Which would have explained to me as a kid in the 70s/80s as to why they could come to my church, but it was a problem with me going to theirs.

Sad commentary but infortunately I have to agree.  I have been invited and attended several black worship services and felt very welcomed.  Thankfully I am now attending a church where race isn't an issue (we have black members).  I wasn't going to church back in the 70s but I can imagine it was VERY different mindset than today.        

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Your 2021 World Series Champions Braves Thread