The Your 2021 World Series Champions Braves Thread

Mr. Hoopah!

4 minutes ago, Serge said:

I feel like Trout doesn't post anymore because he eventually realized how ******* ridiculous it is to judge the current moment by presidential elections and administrations that happened before the country started broadly using social media for news. A paywalled article in The Atlantic that makes the same case for Biden's presidency as Joe Manchin's little card of achievements underscores the problem better than it leads us to any kind of solution.

That, and it's increasingly more difficult to defend the current admin with a straight face.

When you think you're the smartest person in a room, and the info just keeps making you look silly, you start looking at getting out of the room...

1 hour ago, shc said:

Now all the anti-vaxx makes sense. The CIA did a psyop in order to make sure they had enough test subjects for their human trials

https://www.defenseone.com/technology/2021/12/us-army-creates-single-vaccine-effective-against-all-covid-sars-variants/360089/

Was reading about this early this morning. Can't wait to see human trial data

4 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

@Big_Dog Bidet is a joke but we're not laughing.

Omicron variant presser and the press doesn't care, they want to ask questions everyone wants to know about. Four questions in Bidet breaks and saysvhe's not supposed to be having this presser...30:07 mark 

You must wake up sick to your stomach every be morning and I can't blame you. 

He is a bit more questionable to be honest. 

18 minutes ago, NightPain said:

Was still coming off the edible last night when I finally made it to bed and it was almost an ecstasy (mdma) feel. The blankets and sheets were so cold and tingly. I couldn’t stop laughing for like 5 minutes. 

I love them. My wife took one a few days back and forgot how to get toothpaste onto her toothbrush. I stood in the shower laughing like a hyena for about 5 minutes watching her try to remember how it worked...

47 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Hope he's just buying time to get them cancelled.

Indeed.

I think that he would be willing to cancel them but there needs to be some mechanism in place to keep them from getting so ridiculously high again.

Him wiping them away now just puts a bandaid on a much much bigger problem.

7 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Indeed.

I think that he would be willing to cancel them but there needs to be some mechanism in place to keep them from getting so ridiculously high again.

This is where they should manage expectations. If that is a concern, they could get out in front and point it out, and that is the solution they are going for, vs what they are doing now, which is(up until this) saying they were going to remove the pause. 

6 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Indeed.

This is an easy fix. Tuition costs are like High Speed Internet. Back in the day, you could only get 5mb download speeds. The whole of the internet had to work within those confines. Eventually, speeds went up, and due to that, content providers decided that things like efficiency could go, since they had higher speeds to play with. 

Same with tuition. The Govt has a cap on Pells/Subsidized/UnSubsidized loans. So there's no motivation to be the cheapest or most efficient, you just have to stay within the loan limits, or provide additional means for Funding. Same thing happens with New Builds and the County/FHA/VA loan limits for conforming loans.

Make tuition universal, make a limit on how much the schools will be reimbursed for tuition, and the problem will work itself out. It has in every other developed country. If the schools want to fund a giant stadium, that's fine, but it comes from Boosters or ticket sales to sporting events, not tuition.

18 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

This is an easy fix. Tuition costs are like High Speed Internet. Back in the day, you could only get 5mb download speeds. The whole of the internet had to work within those confines. Eventually, speeds went up, and due to that, content providers decided that things like efficiency could go, since they had higher speeds to play with. 

Same with tuition. The Govt has a cap on Pells/Subsidized/UnSubsidized loans. So there's no motivation to be the cheapest or most efficient, you just have to stay within the loan limits, or provide additional means for Funding. Same thing happens with New Builds and the County/FHA/VA loan limits for conforming loans.

Make tuition universal, make a limit on how much the schools will be reimbursed for tuition, and the problem will work itself out. It has in every other developed country. If the schools want to fund a giant stadium, that's fine, but it comes from Boosters or ticket sales to sporting events, not tuition.

On a side note, you familiar with how people buy investment properties from a mortgage perspective?  Looking to get into that, and was wondering how someone gets financed?

Just now, shc said:

On a side note, you familiar with how people buy investment properties from a mortgage perspective?  Looking to get into that, and was wondering how someone gets financed?

Of course. You can qualify for Investment just like a Primary. They're going to look at what you INTEND on doing with the property. If you intend on renting, they'll want to know how much you can get for it.

It's easier to keep an existing house as a rental and buy a new home as a Primary.

One thing to keep in mind, if you're looking at buying foreclosures or Auctions, a lot of times it's "cash only" due to the inability to inspect, the amount of repair you need, etc.