The Your 2021 World Series Champions Braves Thread

Mr. Hoopah!

11 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Also policymakers: Why is the birth rate continuing to fall. 

I don't even know why they're even bothering at this point. I was listening to the daily yesterday and found out that most of the provisions of this bill end in a year or two. So not long enough to make enough of an impact in people's lives that they'll be up-in-arms if they lose the benefits.

If I were Dems I'd focus on one or two things which I can make permanent and just do that. We saw how Obamacare eventually paid dividends for them politically when Republicans tried to take it away. But frankensteining ****ty versions of a bunch of good ideas isn't going to get you anywhere with anyone.

5 minutes ago, bdog 29 said:

I don't even know why they're even bothering at this point. I was listening to the daily yesterday and found out that most of the provisions of this bill end in a year or two. So not long enough to make enough of an impact in people's lives that they'll be up-in-arms if they lose the benefits.

If I were Dems I'd focus on one or two things which I can make permanent and just do that. We saw how Obamacare eventually paid dividends for them politically when Republicans tried to take it away. But frankensteining ****ty versions of a bunch of good ideas isn't going to get you anywhere with anyone.

Tbh I'd kinda be insulted if Biden runs again in 2024 after saying and doing so little to fight for this. If he didn't want me to think that Sinema and Manchin are covering for other Democrats, he should have at least tried to create the impression that he was mad at them for hijacking his signature legislation.

3 minutes ago, Serge said:

Tbh I'd kinda be insulted if Biden runs again in 2024 after saying and doing so little to fight for this. If he didn't want me to think that Sinema and Manchin are covering for other Democrats, he should have at least tried to create the impression that he was mad at them for hijacking his signature legislation.

This speaks to a bigger issue with this administration. I can't stand the guy and I hope he's not even alive to torture us with the idea of a run in 2024, but I 1000% understand why conservatives love Trump so much. He did his ****dest to implement or at least give the illusion of trying to implement every stupid idea or tweet he talked about in the campaign. Biden on the other hand is barely trying.

Idk what discussion are going on in the White House and DNC but they need to be terrified of what's to come in the midterms. Inflation is up, gas is up, food is up, and we're facing the real prospect of shortages. None of this is Biden's fault but it's happening on his watch so most people are going to put his name on it. Dems need a win bad. These bills were supposed to be that but it looks like the moderates have clogged that up and it's going to be a joke.

Personally, I'd forgive most of this if I felt like he and his administration were making earnest attempts but I'm not seeing that. Student loans are the perfect example. During the Dem primary, it seemed like some type of loan forgiveness was a foregone conclusion. There was consternation about whether to forgive $10K, $50K, or everything but everybody was on board with something. Biden himself said that he'd forgive $10K day one. So why are we 10 months into this administration without a peep on this?

Some would argue that they're looking into the legality of it or that it won't last because Reps will challenge it and I say, "So ******* what." Politically its better optics to take the blame off of you and put it on the courts or the other party. Imagine Republicans running in 2022 saying, "We're going to put $10,000 back on your student loans." It was an easy win that would have gotten them a lot of good will but it seems they'd rather squander it.

I guess Trump changed my idea of politicians actually trying to do what they say and we're getting back to the old normal of promising a bunch and barely trying to do it. I'm probably going to vote for Dems again in 2022 because I feel Republicans are a danger to humanity but I'm pretty sure that on our current trajectory it's going to be a bloodbath and I don't blame anyone who voted for them in 2020 for not voting for them again.

2 minutes ago, bdog 29 said:

Biden on the other hand is barely trying.

That is just not true.  Biden has been extremely active in the past few weeks trying to convince Manchinema to get to “yes”.  So has Bernie and progressives. It’s been a full-court effort, but the political reality is that Manchinema are continuing to negotiate in bad faith.  

2 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

That is just not true.  Biden has been extremely active in the past few weeks trying to convince Manchinema to get to “yes”.  So has Bernie and progressives. It’s been a full-court effort, but the political reality is that Manchinema are continuing to negotiate in bad faith.  

I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about stuff that could be done through exec actions like loan forgiveness. I don't fault him for the bills as much cus I know it's not completely on him. But student loans are.

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

Ah, gotcha.  Thanks for clarifying.  

Yeah, I brought up the other stuff to illustrate that the optics of his administration aren't looking good right now. So it's like, things already seem bad and you're not doing the things you'd said you do that you can actually control. So just a bad look all around.

I had a hs girlfriend that I broke up with because I couldn’t stop cheating on her and she had her dads hairline and looked a lot like him. My current chick has had neither of those problems until she sent me a picture of her at the gym featuring her fathers widows peak or whatever those grandpa Munster things are called. What if karma got me with the long game and she slowly morphs into her dad. I’m scared

3 hours ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I'm calling BS on this. I'm hard for eliminating it, but nobody that I know has this as an issue, let alone a disqualifier. Student loan debt doesn't affect 40% of Black voters, even through someone that they know and half the adults I know are college-educated professionals.  I'd wager it's only something that's discussed when somebody doing a feature like this brings it up.

4 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

I'm calling BS on this. I'm hard for eliminating it, but nobody that I know has this as an issue, let alone a disqualifier. Student loan debt doesn't affect 40% of Black voters, even through someone that they know and half the adults I know are college-educated professionals.  I'd wager it's only something that's discussed when somebody doing a feature like this brings it up.

My wife and I view this as a disqualifier. The dems have an opportunity to put their money where their mouth is. To tangibly help people in a real way.

If they don't do it, it's a no from me.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Your 2021 World Series Champions Braves Thread