The Your 2021 World Series Champions Braves Thread

Yeesh…

Rep. Bob Good (R-VA) encouraged a group of high school students to not wear masks in school, saying during his visit the administration “can’t stop everyone,” the Rappahannock News reports.

Said Good: “If nobody in Rappahannock complies with the mask mandate, they can’t stop everyone. If I was ya’ll, I’d say none of ya’ll wear a mask. What are they gonna do? They’re still going to have school.”

Coup coup coup…

Why are Michigan Republicans quietly replacing key election officials?

Last year, the usually under-the-radar board of canvassers became a key part of Trump’s efforts to overturn the result

Monica Palmer, one of the Wayne county Republican canvassers who voted to certify the vote, is among those who are not being tapped for another term. “I think this is clearly an attempt [to ensure] that I don’t remain on the board of canvassers because I did eventually certify the election,” Palmer told the Detroit News last week.

Among the three people Republicans have put forward to replace Palmer is Hima Kolanagireddy, who appears to be the same person who appeared with Rudy Giuliani at a state legislative hearing last year and made racist comments about Chinese Americans.

In Macomb county, which includes the Detroit suburbs, Republicans nominated just one person, Nancy Tiseo, for an opening on the board of canvassers. Tiseo urged Trump last year to “suspend” the meeting of the Electoral College and set up “military tribunals” to investigate the election.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/oct/14/michigan-republicans-election-officials-fight-to-vote

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Your 2021 World Series Champions Braves Thread