The Your 2021 World Series Champions Braves Thread

Mr. Hoopah!

Facebook is a dumpster fire…

On Feb. 4, 2019, a Facebook researcher created a new user account to see what it was like to experience the social media site as a person living in Kerala, India.

For the next three weeks, the account operated by a simple rule: Follow all the recommendations generated by Facebook’s algorithms to join groups, watch videos and explore new pages on the site.

The result was an inundation of hate speech, misinformation and celebrations of violence, which were documented in an internal Facebook report published later that month.

“Following this test user’s News Feed, I’ve seen more images of dead people in the past three weeks than I’ve seen in my entire life total,” the Facebook researcher wrote.

The report was one of dozens of studies and memos written by Facebook employees grappling with the effects of the platform on India. They provide stark evidence of one of the most serious criticisms levied by human rights activists and politicians against the world-spanning company: It moves into a country without fully understanding its potential impact on local culture and politics, and fails to deploy the resources to act on issues once they occur.

With 340 million people using Facebook’s various social media platforms, India is the company’s largest market. And Facebook’s problems on the subcontinent present an amplified version of the issues it has faced throughout the world, made worse by a lack of resources and a lack of expertise in India’s 22 officially recognized languages.

The documents include reports on how bots and fake accounts tied to the country’s ruling party and opposition figures were wreaking havoc on national elections. They also detail how a plan championed by Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook’s chief executive, to focus on “meaningful social interactions,” or exchanges between friends and family, was leading to more misinformation in India, particularly during the pandemic.

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I'm all for drafting the trenches we need it on both sides of the ball. But you were one of the ones that wanted a quarterback at number four...WFW wanted to trade back picking the trenches or draft Pitts at number four.

I advocated for numerous different players. Also,

21 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Win or lose, what are the contract situations with the outfield for next year? Acuna coming back, were Duvall, Rosario, and/or Joc just half season rentals or do they have years left on their contracts? 

I really want to keep Rosario but at this rate he might be playing himself into such a large contract some team is going to say to heck with the small sample size from this postseason/that one Twins year and injury history and pay him like a top outfielder (watch it ironically be the Dodgers) and the Braves in the past have been pretty frugal on thier offseason splurges. (And tbf Rosario at some point probably will stop hitting .700 or whatever)

Then again AA has gotten stars to sign value contracts before 

48 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Pitts is doing something ice has never really done just throw it up to a tall receiver who can make a play on the ball. And he's definitely doing that.

Ice is trusting Pitts to do that more than he ever did Julio.

julio-jones-catch.gif

julio2c-1-20-13.0.gif

julio-jones.gif

jjtd.0.0.gif

jjtd.0.gif

200w.gif?cid=82a1493byqqbgqzgaggm4n81ktd

giphy.gif

It’s not enough to be constantly wrong, you insist on being such an absolute ******* weirdo while doing it. 

7 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

That dude is crazy. And, he's a giant ****. I met him, my uncle played for the Phillies. Kruk was awesome. Lenny was a giant *****. 13 year old me realized he was nuttier than a squirrel turd...

Lenny has been a scumbag from years back. Him becoming a MAGA chud is the least surprising development ever.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Your 2021 World Series Champions Braves Thread