The Your 2021 World Series Champions Braves Thread

Mr. Hoopah!

24 minutes ago, NightPain said:

Something I never put much thought into

Ehh the military doesn’t operate like the police at all though. **** rolls downhill and there is accountability. There have been terrible things done by some - notably Abu Ghraib, Haditha massacre, Panjwai massacre - but those all resulted in very serious investigations, trials, and prosecutions or plea agreements.

I mean Trump literally pardoned war criminals convicted of murder.

******* will cover up fratricide though.

I don’t mind the discussion of should we have even been there to begin with, but suggesting the military operates like the police and willy nilly commits atrocities with no consequences is just wrong. 

On 10/7/2021 at 10:44 AM, Serge said:

Another part that bothers me with Sinema is that she acts like she wants people to think she's proud of taking a bribe and completely destroying her own reputation. It makes sense for Manchin to act like he's thinking of the big picture. It doesn't sense for Sinema to completely shut off all communication with her constituents, unless she wants people to think that she sold her entire body and soul to the pharmaceutical industry.

Yeah that sounds about right for the ******* Democrats

On 10/22/2021 at 7:34 AM, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Bernie is well aware of the intricacies of our tax code which allow this. He only had 180 characters per tweet, he’s trying to get his message out. 

If that is the case, then his messaging is poor.  All we hear is "tax rates".  

I don't subscribe to Bernie's over reaching "solutions".  Take it step by step.  First job:  level the burden a bit.  I don't believe that a person making, say, $100M/year should pay $50M that year, but certainly, that person should be paying more than $5M that year.  Right now, that same person is probably paying less than $300K.....and in the most egregious and publicized cases....nothing. 

If we over charge the ultra wealthy, those people will take their money abroad and eventually live elsewhere.  Right now, it is safe to keep their money domestically, but if the government threatens them, they will do what they have to do.  Like it or not, we want them to keep their money domestically.  

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Braves Win the NL Pennant and Battle On to the World Series Thread

I know it's not important but I finally won the PayPal dispute from the phone scammer. 

Him not shipping priority was only the beginning. That SOB sent a scratched up LG phone. 

I accept partial responsibility because he had no reviews but I'm in the mind of you can't get reviews without sales. From now on when I buy on Swappa, I'll make sure the seller has 100+ reviews

9 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I know it's not important but I finally won the PayPal dispute from the phone scammer. 

Him not shipping priority was only the beginning. That SOB sent a scratched up LG phone. 

I accept partial responsibility because he had no reviews but I'm in the mind of you can't get reviews without sales. From now on when I buy on Swappa, I'll make sure the seller has 100+ reviews

Muthas try to be slick.

That's why I do some research even with purchases from ebay.

I never buy from independent sellers who use the commercial photos for their merchandise.

4 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Muthas try to be slick.

That's why I do some research even with purchases from ebay.

I never buy from independent sellers who use the commercial photos for their merchandise.

See with Swappa, usually you don't have to worry about all that because they have to use real photos and include IMEI on sales. This is the first time I've ever had an issue with them. But I don't blame Swappa 

After filing the dispute I googled dudes name and I'll be dang dude is a known thief in Tennessee. Saw his mug shot and all

Floriduh:

“Florida’s top public health official was asked to leave a state Senator’s office this week after refusing to don a mask in her office,” Florida Politics reports.

“Sen. Tina Polsky, who was diagnosed with stage 1 breast cancer in August, asked state Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo and his two legislative aides to leave her office after Ladapo refused to comply with her request to put on a mask.”

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Your 2021 World Series Champions Braves Thread