• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• Leon Troutsky

• Moist Words

7 hours ago, Negative-Nancy said:

So this is Trump digging up dirt on his old lawyer to keep him in line and quiet, right?

"Media" chasing lies like chasing Russian collusion and indicted Russians.  Has Trump gone to jail yet or been convicted in his two impeachments?  You go to bad "media" for your sources of information, unfortunately Nancy. 

6 hours ago, Southern California Liar said:

Jarring the ball loose was the important part. AS and the Falcons went on to win this game because of the turnover she created. This is now Falcons film study. 

p,s. where is our resident ol' sourpuss @Big_Dog? Hope he's okay, maybe he made a trip to play the horses? 

Political-Cartoon-6.14.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

This is why we need the sad face back 

Some days, I think I'm legitimately bad person.

But other days, when I laugh at stuff like that, I know I'm a legitimately bad person. And that knowledge is comforting.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Ugh, the Hawks play tonight. Brooklyn is crumbling and we quit. 

Its State Farm so theres an equal chance they might just come out 11/15 from three and we spend the rest of the evening fighting off a Philly comeback.

I dunno how we get control of the series back tho when (a) we can't defend Embidd honestly and (b) refs won't let us even try :sadwave:

8 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Ugh, the Hawks play tonight. Brooklyn is crumbling and we quit. 

They didn't quit. They're just getting beat by the superior team, which is what happens 95% of the time in the NBA playoffs. And when you get beat like that, it can look like the players aren't trying as much or gave up or whatever. But they haven't. Those dudes burn to win. Trae was on the sideline slamming the scorer's table. They're professionals and fierce competitors. They haven't quit. They just haven't found any answers yet which isn't surprising because, again, Philly is the better team and it's hard to find answers to unanswerable questions.

In addition to being better, healthier, and more experienced, Philly was just a terrible matchup for us. Embiid is one of maybe 2 centers in the league who can neutralize Capela on both ends of the floor. That's just devastating because, especially on D, Capela is so essential to the team. But when he's fighting tooth and nail just to stay with his much bigger, much more skilled counterpart, he can't do the things he usually does, like leaving his man to deter any other players from reaching the rim. Embiid is also neutralizing the lobs to Cap and JC, and limiting our offensive rebounding, both of which are pretty critical parts of opening up our offense.

Then you factor in that Philly has multiple long, excellent defenders to throw on our best playmaker. Plenty of teams have length, but few have guys who can actually use that length to bother Trae. Philly does (even though Trae is still playing pretty well).

Honestly, I'd have liked the matchup better against the Nets (even fully healthy) despite the fact they'd be the far superior team and almost certainly win. But at least we'd have things they'd have trouble dealing with on both sides of the floor.

I haven't given up. I think we still win one more game, and there's an outside shot of winning the series (maybe 20-30%), but at the end of the day the better team almost always wins the series in the NBA.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Your 2021 World Series Champions Braves Thread