• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• Southern California Liar

• Leon Troutsky

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fellas I'm fully vaccinated as of today.

Posted Images

Meanwhile, we really need to send these ante-Sematic Congresswomen back to the ****hole countries they come from:

I can't even figure out what she is saying here, but amidst the gobbligook insanity is some kind of conspiracy in which "Rothchild Inc." is responsible for California's Camp Fire . . . 

Marjorie Taylor Greene conspiracy theory about the Camp Fire

26 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

According to an AP article, several of the injured were the responding fire fighters, they had respiratory complaints. Either way would be horrible to go, but I don't know the details of the employees that died at the scene, and one died in the ER. :(

We have a local rendering company that has crews collect roadkill and other dead animals from around the metro area and does *something* to them. If you walk within a mile of the place in the summer, you'll throw up from the smell. The fire department takes all new recruits to the building and explains that they always need to wear gas masks if responding to emergencies there.

As it turns out, several decades ago a fireman checking the place out went to the basement but never returned. The supervisor sent another to find him and he didn't come back either. A subsequent search found one of them dead from noxious fumes and the other had to be hospitalized. Worse yet, four employees had also died. I consider that everytime I roll up my windows while driving by.

2 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

It's definitely happening. But their take is that they are only doing it with those who have bought stock on margin so they don't lose their *** when all of these people who just jumped into gamestop can't cover their margin calls. 

Max Burns claims that half of the people he’s talked to where this happened did not have margin positions.  At this point, who knows what they’re doing?  But you’re right, at the very least it’s really bad optics.

Democratic Senator Sherrod Brown, the incoming chairman of the Senate Banking Committee, announced plans Thursday to hold a hearing on the turbulent state of the stock market. 

“People on Wall Street only care about the rules when they’re the ones getting hurt," the Ohio Democrat said in a statement. 

The decision to hold a hearing comes after days of wild swings in shares of GameStop (GME), AMC(AMC) and other stocks bid up by a group of traders on Reddit. The enormous rallies have caused heavy losses for some hedge funds that bet against the stocks. 

"American workers have known for years the Wall Street system is broken – they’ve been paying the price," Brown said. "It's time for the SEC and Congress to make the economy work for everyone not just Wall Street."

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Futurama Appreciation Thread