The Futurama Appreciation Thread

This guy has got to go...

Wisconsin Republican Sen. Ron Johnson, who himself declined a COVID-19 vaccine, is now questioning why the American population needs to get vaccinated en masse, putting life-saving public health messaging at risk.

“Why is this big push to make sure everyone gets a vaccine?” Johnson said in an appearance on conservative talk radio host Vicki McKenna’s show this week, adding that he was “highly suspicious” of the effort to mass vaccinate the general public.

Johnson said he sees “no reason to be pushing vaccines on people,” saying their distribution should have been focused only at the most vulnerable populations.

“If you have a vaccine, quite honestly, what do you care if your neighbor has one or not?” Johnson asked. He also questioned the efficacy of the vaccines themselves, saying they were not “fully approved” — while also arguing that not everyone needed to receive one because they are so effective. 

• Replies 26.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• Southern California Liar

• Leon Troutsky

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fellas I'm fully vaccinated as of today.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Wisconsin Republican Sen. Ron Johnson, who himself declined a COVID-19 vaccine, is now questioning why the American population needs to get vaccinated en masse, putting life-saving public health messaging at risk.

“Why is this big push to make sure everyone gets a vaccine?” Johnson said in an appearance on conservative talk radio host Vicki McKenna’s show this week, adding that he was “highly suspicious” of the effort to mass vaccinate the general public.

Johnson said he sees “no reason to be pushing vaccines on people,” saying their distribution should have been focused only at the most vulnerable populations.

“If you have a vaccine, quite honestly, what do you care if your neighbor has one or not?” Johnson asked. He also questioned the efficacy of the vaccines themselves, saying they were not “fully approved” — while also arguing that not everyone needed to receive one because they are so effective. 

Just the dumbest people.  WFW is so proud

21 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I'm beginning to think that we aren't sending our best to Washington.

15 minutes ago, achilles return said:

i'm never doing the "oh i have a bunch of savings, let me take a two month sabbatical before i start looking for another job" thing again. this has been way more stressful than i thought it would be.

Couldn’t you do “line up the next job and just put it out 2 months?”

26 minutes ago, lostone said:

Couldn’t you do “line up the next job and just put it out 2 months?”

in the future that's the play but i had gotten laid off late last year because of covid, so the initial unemployment status wasn't of my choosing this time around.

i was just dumb and told myself i'd start looking for jobs after the holidays, lol.

13 minutes ago, achilles return said:

it is - datacenter / service provider network engineering is my jam, at least more so than campus/enterprise network engineering. 

Very very nice

I have gotten more respect for network engineering over time.  I have seen when the network is **** and great network engineers are worth their weight in gold.  How are you dealing with the market going to a server farm off prim strategy?

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Futurama Appreciation Thread