• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• Southern California Liar

• Leon Troutsky

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fellas I'm fully vaccinated as of today.

Posted Images

Just now, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

What about young people who have had covid and recovered? What about those who have been vaccinated? Those people are approaching 40% of the population now. They are at extremely low risk of contracting or spreading covid. If they want to resume activities, I think it's reasonable. 

Plus if I'm a young healthy person that doesn't live with vulnerable people, I would be fine assuming the risk for myself. 

Seriously? Nobody knows if people who have recovered can transmit it. Less than 10% of Texans are vaccinated, BTW. And if you can contract it twice (as I've been told twice on Twitter today) then you can probably shed the virus twice and infect others. If you're a young healthy person assuming the risk for yourself, don't assume it for the older people with comorbidities at school, work or grocery store even if you don't live with a vulnerable person.

If the symptoms of this disease was a shriveled **** and extreme ED for 2% of the infected population, nobody would be talking about assuming the risk. It would be against the law to avoid mitigation.

I couldn't care less if you think it's cool to put yourself at risk. But shame on you if you think that giving it to someone else deserves a mulligan since **** happens.

We'll agree to disagree. But the people who need to be dying are the ones willfully exposing themselves.

41 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Just to be clear, I really don't have a problem with opening things up and letting people select their own level of risk. It should have always been like that. 

But the mask thing is just so dumb and unnecessary that serves no purpose but playing to the culture warriors. 

Opening up is fine as long as it is done responsibly.

The problem is ...people do not want to be responsible.

I absolutely get your point...and I agree with it to a point.

6 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Not only don't some refuse to be responsible, many go out of their way to target those who try to be careful for abuse.

4 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Our leadership, both political and public health screwed up from the jump when it came to communication. It was never suitability explained exactly how the virus was spread. There was a lot of conflicting messages being sent about the efficacy of masks and who was most vulnerable. 

Then on top of it, you had our meathead president making basic public health measures into culture war issues for his base. And don't get me started on the media. 

But if we are a free society, you have to ultimately trust the properly informed people to do the right thing. And I belive most would have, but the properly informed part was so thoroughly screwed up from the beginning. 

27 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

What about young people who have had covid and recovered? What about those who have been vaccinated? Those people are approaching 40% of the population now. They are at extremely low risk of contracting or spreading covid. If they want to resume activities, I think it's reasonable. 

Plus if I'm a young healthy person that doesn't live with vulnerable people, I would be fine assuming the risk for myself. 

Wearing a mask in public has absolutely NOTHING to do with opening businesses.

Just now, JayOzOne said:

Not only don't some refuse to be responsible, many go out of their way to target those who try to be careful for abuse.

Most people  here wear masks I the store..... but you do see some people be *** hola about it 

I was at the store Sunday getting juice and stuff for the gf to help her feel better after getting the second shot and there was this middle aged woman who was not wearing a mask doing the speaker phone thing and she started sneezing in the frozen food section....and she could not figure out why people were giving her dirty looks.

2 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Part of the ongoing ABF food war collection

Mustard, Chili, Cheese

Ketchup at 4 and on the outside bubble

I just don't like ketchup on hot dogs......like at all. French Fries are pretty much the only thing I'll eat ketchup on nowadays.

Mustard, RAW onions, and chili if I could only choose three. 

3 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Our leadership, both political and public health screwed up from the jump when it came to communication. It was never suitability explained exactly how the virus was spread. There was a lot of conflicting messages being sent about the efficacy of masks and who was most vulnerable. 

Then on top of it, you had our meathead president making basic public health measures into culture war issues for his base. And don't get me started on the media. 

But if we are a free society, you have to ultimately trust the properly informed people to do the right thing. And I belive most would have, but the properly informed part was so thoroughly screwed up from the beginning. 

You are absolutely correct that the messaging In the very beginning was jumbled as pluck.

But by the time april /may rolled around the messaging was pretty consistent on what needs to be done.

People just did not want to listen and screamed to high heaven that it the $2.99 potato skins at happy hour was their god given right.

I mean we saw what happened when the numbers declined in the summer.....people wanted everything to be normal and as soon as they started acting normally......we saw huge spikes ( atleast here in AZ we did.)

The icu bed situation got really really bad here.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Futurama Appreciation Thread