The Futurama Appreciation Thread

4 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Somebody needs to watch Invincible on Prime so I got someone to talk about it with

Avengers with Super Jail levels of violence 

I'll have to check that out.  I thought the main draw was that it cast Steven Yeun as the lead, but you had me at Super Jail levels of violence.  Supporting voice case looks awesome too.

• Replies 26.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• Southern California Liar

• Leon Troutsky

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fellas I'm fully vaccinated as of today.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I'll have to check that out.  I thought the main draw was that it cast Steven Yeun as the lead, but you had me at Super Jail levels of violence.  Supporting voice case looks awesome too.

Power thru the first episode, I was like meh and almost quit but it's just 10/10 every episode after that

3 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Power thru the first episode, I was like meh and almost quit but it's just 10/10 every episode after that

I tried to watch the first episode of MODOK and barely made it through, didn't laugh once, and haven't bothered with another episode. Twitter went nuts over it.

1 minute ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I tried to watch the first episode of MODOK and barely made it through, didn't laugh once, and haven't bothered with another episode. Twitter went nuts over it.

Hard for me to watch Marvel that isn't MCU these days for some reason. Didn't see most of the Xmen universe stuff post Logan. 

That said I enjoyed the non canon comedy of Harley Quinn but I used to be really into DC comicbooks in college so they can throw out a super obscure cameo and I was like hey it's that guy.

23 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

Good for Houston Methodist.*

*Waiting for Greg Abbott to step in with some deplorable way to prevent this.

So many conservatives these days are little more than virtue signaling authoritarians. Abbott could be the poster child of reactionary “anything to own the libs” conservatism. Absolutely useless leadership.

On 6/9/2021 at 2:55 PM, Big_Dog said:

Dogecoin hasn't produced me anything YET.  🤔

What price did you buy in at?

We are currently looking at a bear market in crypto, unsure of when it will break out for another bull run but it could last through most or all of summer. The crypto market typically slows down over summer anyway for some reason.

Dogecoin is very volatile to begin with though. It could go up or drop like a rock any day but I think we’re at a point where it has enough mainstream attention to form a decent support level. You should be able to make some money from it but patience will be needed. Probably a good idea to keep an eye on Doge in any case, but we may not see it go up a lot again until we get closer to fall. Most expect the next bull run to be pretty crazy when it kicks in. Some huge upgrades will be hitting a few major cryptos later this year that could drive massive gains. 

31 minutes ago, Carter said:

So many conservatives these days are little more than virtue signaling authoritarians. Abbott could be the poster child of reactionary “anything to own the libs” conservatism. Absolutely useless leadership.

Seriously, I wonder why Abbott, DeSantis and most of the GQP Congress felt compelled to run for office if they didn't think that they were responsible for all of their constituents. How the **** did it become a badge of honor to be as deplorable as possible toward those who voted against you? Right, wrong or indifferent, shouldn't you want your policies to be effective enough to woo people who didn't trust your agenda? These MFs are intentionally effing up and then making it hard for people to hold you accountable by voting you out.

This country needs an enema.

41 minutes ago, Carter said:

What price did you buy in at?

We are currently looking at a bear market in crypto, unsure of when it will break out for another bull run but it could last through most or all of summer. The crypto market typically slows down over summer anyway for some reason.

Dogecoin is very volatile to begin with though. It could go up or drop like a rock any day but I think we’re at a point where it has enough mainstream attention to form a decent support level. You should be able to make some money from it but patience will be needed. Probably a good idea to keep an eye on Doge in any case, but we may not see it go up a lot again until we get closer to fall. Most expect the next bull run to be pretty crazy when it kicks in. Some huge upgrades will be hitting a few major cryptos later this year that could drive massive gains. 

.37  . . . . . . . .   :(     Awaiting a run even if it's in the fall.

50 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Seriously, I wonder why Abbott, DeSantis and most of the GQP Congress felt compelled to run for office if they didn't think that they were responsible for all of their constituents. How the **** did it become a badge of honor to be as deplorable as possible toward those who voted against you? Right, wrong or indifferent, shouldn't you want your policies to be effective enough to woo people who didn't trust your agenda? These MFs are intentionally effing up and then making it hard for people to hold you accountable by voting you out.

This country needs an enema.

Just now, NightPain said:

I considered this. But you almost have to be rich to win state or federal office to begin with. There's some level of sadism involved in the calculus to do some of the things they do. And a helluva lot of attention whoring.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Futurama Appreciation Thread