The Eastern Conference Finals Thread

15 minutes ago, AF89 said:

So all my settings in MLB got reset or something i dunno. Anyway long story short I'm searching twitter keywords to see if this is cause of an update or something and i came across this gem i share with yall

@Gritzblitz 2.0

@Sponge

ProTip: Keeping you hands down as someone runs full speed at you is not advisable. 

• Replies 27.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• Southern California Liar

• Leon Troutsky

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fellas I'm fully vaccinated as of today.

Posted Images

I take 1/6 very seriously. But since I take it seriously in a way that questions the government's involvement, the media's not going to describe my concerns in a way that would even allow for the possibility of honestly addressing them in public spaces. So the fact that they don't want to answer questions like mine, makes me a conspiracy theorist, comparable to the self-evidently evil thugs on the network copaganda so many Americans consume. It's because I don't take the moralizing of the media the least bit seriously that I'm not more offended at my exclusion from polite discourse.

My bad my phone died while I was on the patio reading the BlackFrancis episode 😅

Post for post, that guy produces a lot of comedy, like Area51 youst to.

There was the time he thought Wor was really Sponge's son.

Posting about boning his wife in quarantine. 

Even when he's seemingly lucid and sober he types in this weird fukced up syntax.

I just wish he'd post more.

21 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

My bad my phone died while I was on the patio reading the BlackFrancis episode 😅

Post for post, that guy produces a lot of comedy, like Area51 youst to.

There was the time he thought Wor was really Sponge's son.

Posting about boning his wife in quarantine. 

Even when he's seemingly lucid and sober he types in this weird fukced up syntax.

I just wish he'd post more.

Yeah I was trying to explain to people this wasn't just a one night thing but a beautiful landscape over many years and different sub forums.

I still member many years ago when i was a regular in the Hawks forum I said something to the effect of "lol Cam Newton boo" cause he was at a Hawks game like not really that serious a post and Francis comes roaring in from stage left questioning my very manhood and worth as a person and I'm like...wut? :lol:

I mean, what am I supposed to do, care about 1/6 the way the media tells me to, knowing full well that all the moralizing the media and the Democrats are doing is built on the assumption that the real story's never going to get out? 

I'm only pointing this out because it's probably going to occur to literally anyone that doubts the official narrative, which now is going to be challenged constantly by right wing media, Republican representatives, and Trump people. And now Liz Cheney "pointing out the truth" gives the media a way to keep Trump in the conversation, and keep steering the liberals' conversation back to 1/6, without having to address any of the right's actual criticism. Which is great as far as corporate media's concerned; if it turns into a major scandal then that's a whole 'nother thing to cover.

And so what if they conflate election skepticism with 1/6 skepticism to the point that validation of 1/6 skepticism created validation for the election skepticism? All they have to do is pretend that that wouldn't happen.

I can already see the similarities with Russiagate and the first impeachment. They were supposed to destroy Trump's reputation, and the Republican party through the stain created by Trump. Basically the exact opposite has now happened; he's the leader of the party even when he's no longer in office and has to ******** ways to get his tweets out on social media. But the media will never explain this dynamic to their audience. They will never explain the Liz Cheney fiasco as "she aligned herself with us, the media, against Trump, so that's why the Republicans all went to Trump. They understand that their main voters don't support anyone that would side with us to side against Trump, especially a Republican."

So, what, one day it's just going to be "yeah, you were supposed to have already realized the FBI was goading these idiots on. Look, they do that, it gets 'em out in the open." Or am I supposed to be rooting for that to never get out, and for the media to keep doing what it's doing, and for the FBI to keep doing what it's doing with these right-wing groups, obviously to the effect of pushing the government to increase their powers while creating conspiracy theorists and ironically enough empowering that element within the right? There really are not any good options I can see.

2 hours ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Republican states have loudly spent the post-1/6 state legislative sessions passing voter suppression laws aimed directly at suppressing minority and poor voting. 

Democrats are cowards, but republicans will always be more evil 

2 hours ago, lostone said:

I’m pretty sure if I did the same thing with a few hundred black folks I would have been gunned down.  

With the republican legislations clearly just trying to make sure they win no matter who is there... they should do what they used to and make us have no choice before the vote rather than afterwards 

2 hours ago, Southern California Liar said:

Yeah I noticed you haven't spoke on voter suppression  laws. I mean it's happening right here.

You choose to **** on Democrats when they aren't in power, you **** on them when they are in power, and you just avoid talking about Republicans actively ****ting on voters rights right here in your own state.

Your thoughts? You seem to have chosen a greater evil which you attack on the regular. 

When I read details of what made it into the final bill in the Georgia legislature what sounded really questionable to me was the stuff about taking over underperforming local boards or whatever.

Now if they had instead wanted to create a bipartisan commission with like 3 politically appointed Dems and 3 Republicans that were tasked with looking into supposed localized chicanery or utter ineptitude, then I could go for something like that maybe. It’d probably largely be a do-nothing assignment for a problem that I don’t believe actually exists.

And of course speaking as someone who appreciates at-home convenience and who only tolerates lines when in theme parks, I reject any attempt to limit no-excuse absentee voting.

I’ll address other aspects of voter law in some other posts to come in a minute cause I typed up about six paragraphs that got lost because of browser issues so thank you for your patience 

One thing I’ve thought about before is Dems might try the tactic of proposing that post offices issue everyone government IDs. Seems like it’d cut the legs out from under a lot of the whining the right has done about voter ID stuff over the past few decades.

I’ve never really delved into it so what do I know but I’d have to think that the number of people who are socially responsible enough to vote, but either too socially irresponsible or too marginalized and destitute to be in possession of some form of government ID, has to be minuscule . So again something that’s probably not a huge real world issue but something we have to hear politicians and the media drone on about for years. 

Lastly the thing that surprised me most was when there was the larger discussion about early voting access and I learned how limited availability is around a lot of the country, including a number of blue states.

I’m sure you’ll remember that last year I brought up the importance of early voting turnout in urban areas that I thought potentially could have to deal with crazy long socially distanced lines on Election Day.

And again with my dislike of lines I’m all for as much early voting access as possible.

1 hour ago, AF89 said:

Yeah I was trying to explain to people this wasn't just a one night thing but a beautiful landscape over many years and different sub forums.

I still member many years ago when i was a regular in the Hawks forum I said something to the effect of "lol Cam Newton boo" cause he was at a Hawks game like not really that serious a post and Francis comes roaring in from stage left questioning my very manhood and worth as a person and I'm like...wut? :lol:

All things considered he’s no worst than the second most likeable/least contemptible Bama fan who’s ever posted in College Forum but of course that’s not the greatest accomplishment by any means. But he’s had some unintentional comedy there too and I generally appreciate what he brings to the table.

3 hours ago, Corn Pop said:

This is gonna be one of those “agree to disagree” type deals for me and you guys, but my only real lasting concern from the whole affair is worrying about new potential domestic terrorism legislation and funding that we all know law enforcement will just direct at leftist protesters and activists.

i think the 1/6 riot could have been way worse than it actually was, i feel like it's a pretty dark harbinger for the republican party as a vehicle for american fascism, and it will also be exploited by liberals for all kinds of heinous ****.

it was also tremendous content

3 hours ago, Southern California Liar said:

Yeah I noticed you haven't spoke on voter suppression  laws. I mean it's happening right here.

You choose to **** on Democrats when they aren't in power, you **** on them when they are in power, and you just avoid talking about Republicans actively ****ting on voters rights right here in your own state.

Your thoughts? You seem to have chosen a greater evil which you attack on the regular. 

we all know elected republicans will do the most evil thing for any given choice, i can understand not wanting to repeatedly beat that horse unless some poor chud soul from tatf walks in

After the Court ruled Trump's tax returns would be turned over to the NYSD prosecutors office, the returns collected and placed on discs, are stored in a double door wall safe while they are gone over looking for improprieties.  :munch:

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Eastern Conference Finals Thread