The Eastern Conference Finals Thread

1 minute ago, JayOzOne said:

Heard somebody say that if Dems raise taxes on the uber rich, we should all expect to pay more for our goods and services. Made me wonder if anything cost less after the GOP tax scam or if anybody got an actual raise from it.

Not sure if it did or not but our entire company just got a 5% raise that kicked in 2 weeks ago. We usually get 3% when we do get a raise. Supposedly we're supposed to be getting another one soon. That will make 4 raises the last 3 years for us where before that, we went a LONG time without getting a raise. 

• Replies 27.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• Southern California Liar

• Leon Troutsky

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fellas I'm fully vaccinated as of today.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Once again, you're going on and on because I said maybe people will stay at these jobs now. All of this extra stuff is your conversation. You can have that conversation with yourself. Like I've said multiple times already, you or no one else has to agree with me and I'm perfectly fine with that. 

having or not having the conversation doesn't change the facts of the situation. how you look at your follow man affects the rest of us. you can't put a wall up between yourself and society, it doesn't work like that. so you can continue believing me talking about the issue is making the issue real, but the issue is there whether i say anything or not, and how you focus your ire makes a difference regardless. 

Just now, achilles return said:

having or not having the conversation doesn't change the facts of the situation. how you look at your follow man affects the rest of us. you can't put a wall up between yourself and society, it doesn't work like that. so you can continue believing me talking about the issue is making the issue real, but the issue is there whether i say anything or not, and how you focus your ire makes a difference regardless. 

If my words make a difference in real life I need to start getting paid for it. If my words about able bodies working impacts you, that's completely on you. I stand by what I said. I promise you I'm okay with you not agreeing 

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

If my words make a difference in real life I need to start getting paid for it. If my words about able bodies working impacts you, that's completely on you. I stand by what I said. I promise you I'm okay with you not agreeing 

Your words are a reflection of your thoughts, and your thoughts inform your actions. 

8 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

If me wanting able bodies to work is an issue, I can't apologize. 

there are people fighting to improve your life, and there are people fighting to extract wealth from your life. your attitude helps the latter and hurts the former. it's not about apologizing, we're all just random idiots on the internet. i'm just telling you what it is. do with that information what you will.

there are people fighting to improve your life, and there are people fighting to extract wealth from your life. your attitude helps the latter and hurts the former. it's not about apologizing, we're all just random idiots on the internet. i'm just telling you what it is. do with that information what you will.

My life is perfectly fine just the way it is. Thanks. If I cared about wealth I would have taken school more serious. 

If you're against businesses and working, that's your issue. Nothing that I can or want to do about it. 

scabs gonna scab

Call me whatever you need to call me to make you feel better. Only shows who's upset about the conversation. Maybe you'll get over it, maybe you won't. It's all good either way

So my company finally gave my "merit increase" which was a whopping 2% which is not fantastic but it is something.....there is a catch that makes it less than something though. Since I started in may and not January they prorated the pay and actually knocked off of the raise by about $500

So in reality when I break it down I got just over a 1% raise.

Now I fully understand that getting any sort of raise is good but with the way the mortgage world is right now and some of the bonuses and stuff being offered, only giving employees 1% raises is not going to keep alot of folks.

3 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

I can't recall which states waived that as a requirement during the pandemic but there were several if I recall correctly. Some have/are putting it back in. 

Yeah, that wasn’t the best idea if they did(especially if they were being offered the same or more as they previously made)

With that said, folks need to make more as a base wage! 

23 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Casting Brendan Fraser as a down low member of the tribe was always strange to me, but the rest of the cast was perfect. You couldn't get more waspy than that group.

Damon played a great WASP, but he can also do the Southie guy to a tee.  Affleck and Houser will always be Southie guys to me, so they were a little out of place.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Eastern Conference Finals Thread