• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• Southern California Liar

• Leon Troutsky

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fellas I'm fully vaccinated as of today.

Posted Images

Anyone else having trouble watching these Twitter vids in Chrome? I know Chrome dropped Flash support in 2021 maybe that's part of the issue. I just get a "media could not be played." Have to switch to Safari on my phone to watch the clips. Annoying. Clearing the cache in Chrome does nothing fwiw.

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Maybe people will actually stay at these good paying jobs now instead of working a couple of days then never returning

1 hour ago, Big_Dog said:

Can't say they are wrong. I've always felt too many dead beats are milking the lenient program.

SMH.  Y'all do realize the unemployment money is what is pushing the economy, plus not ever job is paying well. Many just want cheap labor. 

1 minute ago, GEORGIAfan said:

SMH.  Y'all do realize the unemployment money is what is pushing the economy, plus not ever job is paying well. Many just want cheap labor. 

Consider: In 2022, the Republican message to voters will be "We made you return to work during a pandemic without health protections or a living wage." And they're going to have a lot of traction with it.

Just now, GEORGIAfan said:

You do realize that there are several jobs, good paying jobs, available that people aren't pursuing and when they get them they aren't staying. You can lecture me all you want but I can speak on what I see with my own eyes, been doing it all year long. Easy, good paying jobs and people simply will not come to work because they only want a handout.

I only feel sorry for those who are unable or not in areas where jobs are available. Will never feel sorry for able bodies that can actually perform these jobs.

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

You do realize that there are several jobs, good paying jobs, available that people aren't pursuing and when they get them they aren't staying. You can lecture me all you want but I can speak on what I see with my own eyes, been doing it all year long. Easy, good paying jobs and people simply will not come to work because they only want a handout.

I only feel sorry for those who are unable or not in areas where jobs are available. Will never feel sorry for able bodies that can actually perform these jobs.

Aren't you required to apply for work in order to keep unemployment insurance? In Ohio, we used to have to prove both application and rejection. Not sure how it works in 2021.

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Wait:  The fair question is "Are these 'easy, good paying jobs' that expose people to COVID on a daily basis?"

1 minute ago, Downvote Don said:

Wait:  The fair question is "Are these 'easy, good paying jobs' that expose people to COVID on a daily basis?"

Companies that follow CDC guidelines have guidelines and protocols in place. It's the employees that put themselves at risk by ignoring guidelines and protocols. It's literally no different than taking a trip to the grocery store. 

Like I said, I only feel sorry for those unable or not in areas where jobs are available. If jobs are available and bodies are able, people should be filling those spots. You, GF or whoever else can disagree with that all you want. I'm okay with that. 

4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Companies that follow CDC guidelines have guidelines and protocols in place. It's the employees that put themselves at risk by ignoring guidelines and protocols. It's literally no different than taking a trip to the grocery store. 

Like I said, I only feel sorry for those unable or not in areas where jobs are available. If jobs are available and bodies are able, people should be filling those spots. You, GF or whoever else can disagree with that all you want. I'm okay with that. 

Come on . .  . . . it is NOT like "going to the grocery store."  The reality is that we have ALL limited our time spent in doors around the general public.  Sure, masks and distancing helps, but the more exposure, the more risk.  I would not let my kids work at a restaurant, retail shop etc.

5 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Aren't you required to apply for work in order to keep unemployment insurance? In Ohio, we used to have to prove both application and rejection. Not sure how it works in 2021.

Hence the reason I said "Maybe people will actually stay at these good paying jobs now instead of working a couple of days then never returning."

In those situations, the unemployment office should cut off their benefits. 

I haven't had to visit the unemployment office in over 15 years but the last time I went, they made it known that in order to continue receiving benefits, you had to stay active searching and that if they had anything come up, you had to take it. I wound up delivering pizza until I got into manufacturing.  Now you have these temp services sending people to jobs, the people staying through orientation getting that weeks pay and never showing up again only for the temp service to send them somewhere else with no questions asked but there's a limit. 

Again, I can speak on what I see. I've learned over time that I work in an environment that none of you guys get to see. So there's going to be differing views. I can't tell you how many people have taken advantage of the system this entire year that are perfectly able to work and how many people have came through the doors only to never show up again for whatever reasons

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Hence the reason I said "Maybe people will actually stay at these good paying jobs now instead of working a couple of days then never returning."

I haven't had to visit the unemployment office in over 15 years but the last time I went, they made it known that in order to continue receiving benefits, you had to stay active searching and that if they had anything come up, you had to take it. I wound up delivering pizza until I got into manufacturing.  Now you have these temp services sending people to jobs, the people staying through orientation getting that weeks pay and never showing up again only for the temp service to send them somewhere else with no questions asked but there's a limit. 

Again, I can speak on what I see. I've learned over time that I work in an environment that none of you guys get to see. So there's going to be differing views. I can't tell you how many people have taken advantage of the system this entire year that are perfectly able to work and how many people have came through the doors only to never show up again for whatever reasons

this is nothing more than stabbing your comrades in the back while you're getting pissed in the face and thinking it's rain. your employer doesn't give a **** about you, stop playing as their propaganda artist for free.

1 minute ago, Downvote Don said:

Come on . .  . . . it is NOT like "going to the grocery store."  The reality is that we have ALL limited our time spent in doors around the general public.  Sure, masks and distancing helps, but the more exposure, the more risk.  I would not let my kids work at a restaurant, retail shop etc.

That's your opinion. If you don't want your kids working at certain spots, that's your perogative. But you can't deny that jobs are actually available. If you're choosing to be picky about the environment, that's on yourself. Covid is here with us now and once the CDC gets rid of the guidelines, what will you do then? 

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Here, you can't get unemployment insurance if you quit a job. But I've retired for seven years, so things may have changed.

Just now, achilles return said:

this is nothing more than stabbing your comrades in the back while you're getting pissed in the face and thinking it's rain. your employer doesn't give a **** about you, stop playing as their propaganda artist for free.

As I said, you, GF, whoever else can disagree. You can call it stabbing them in the back. It is what it is. I haven't worked a job yet that the employees cared about me yet I'm still making the money I need to make to take care of my family. Able bodies not working will forever be a nerve striker and I'm okay if you don't like that

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

That's your opinion. If you don't want your kids working at certain spots, that's your perogative. But you can't deny that jobs are actually available. If you're choosing to be picky about the environment, that's on yourself. Covid is here with us now and once the CDC gets rid of the guidelines, what will you do then? 

My kids are vaccinated and I am fine with them doing whatever.  I'm just saying that you can't blame greed or laziness on people making a decision to accept government support rather than work someplace where they life at risk.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

The fact they named a whole *** city "Cumming" will never not be funny to my perpetually 13-year old mind.

"Eh, where do you live?"

::me::

r0MRWl.gif, Georgia.

Thanks. Now, I'm not only going to think about that everytime I hear that name for a city or person. "And tonight's special guest will be Alan Cummings."

Me: hanna barbera lol GIF

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Eastern Conference Finals Thread