• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• Southern California Liar

• Leon Troutsky

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fellas I'm fully vaccinated as of today.

Posted Images

Biden's tax plan raising the rate from 23% to 43% on the wealthy sounds good to me. When you own 2 homes, a yacht or jet plane you can afford to pay a higher tax. @WhenFalconsWin might offer his 2 cents on this matter since he owns lakefront property with a boathouse and who knows what else and could be one of those affected. :tiphat:

1 hour ago, Big_Dog said:

Biden's tax plan raising the rate from 23% to 43% on the wealthy sounds good to me. When you own 2 homes, a yacht or jet plane you can afford to pay a higher tax. @WhenFalconsWin might offer his 2 cents on this matter since he owns lakefront property with a boathouse and who knows what else and could be one of those affected. :tiphat:

Yes, I do, and yes I will be affected, especially unloading some property with the capital gains hike.  The first guy sounds like John Kerry, who I might add hid his Yacht in RI to save/hide from taxes...hypocrites, and while he's flying around on his private jet by himself (him and Gore) telling us peons what we can and can't do. 

16 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Some of the body horror makes me physically nauseous, even watching it for the umpteenth time. Definitely one of those movies ya just gotta let yourself get absorbed into but when you do it's pretty awesome and unsettling

It also doesn't hurt that I love the music from Swan Lake and it's used beautifully in the movie.

16 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

The problem is that the “only if required” and “definitely not” categories held firm the entire time.  The “wait and see” can be convinced.  That 18-20% of hard core “won’t take the vaccine” don’t appear persuadable.  

It isn't that big of a problem if we are able to get the wait and see convinced. The vaccines are proving to be more and more effective by each new study, plus most estimates put the US at around 1/3 having had covid. One study I saw put having covid as like having a vaccine with 84% efficacy. While there is an overlap between the 1/3 and people who have gotten a vaccine, we know that the overlap isn't a perfect circle. 

What I am saying is that we still have a shot at Herd Immunity with both groups combined. 

21 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

The problem is that the “only if required” and “definitely not” categories held firm the entire time.  The “wait and see” can be convinced.  That 18-20% of hard core “won’t take the vaccine” don’t appear persuadable.  

Which is fine. We all know there was going to be an intractable portion of the population. Pfizer just applied for full FDA approval and when they get it, it will only help with hesitancy.

Getting a full 75-80% of the population vaccinated would still be beyond anyone's wildest expectations and would effectively smother the spread of the virus. 

This is complete insanity.  The full article is worth a read…

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/06/success/home-buyer-challenges-feseries/index.html

"We got to the point where we were offering $450,000 on homes listed at $400,000, waiving the inspection and the appraisal and still losing out," Matt Melott said. "We felt so hopeless. You either have cash in this market or you don't."

Breaking News. Chauvin and the 3 officers at his side when Floyd died were just indicted by a Federal Grand Jury for civil rights violations. Chauvin had a second indictment for his kneeling on the neck and beating with a flashlight a 17 year old a couple years back. What a piece of poop animal this guy is.  

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Eastern Conference Finals Thread