Jump to content

The Eastern Conference Finals Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 27.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Mr. Hoopah!

    3727

  • AF89

    3242

  • Southern California Liar

    2774

  • Leon Troutsky

    1538

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fellas I'm fully vaccinated as of today.

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Downvote Don said:

But how will kids get to their floor when they are carrying two six packs?

 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Probably my wife's nephew.  I think he's trying to work in like a 5th football season in Athens this fall, and he's been slinging it the whole time he's been there. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Downvote Don said:

That is pretty much exactly what Joe Scarborough was suggesting this morning.

 

(Feel like you need to take a shower now?)

I was being sarcastic. That doesn't actually do anything because anyone still paying attention already knows what bit Trump's playing and why the media's playing along.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gasp! The Republican party sides with Trump, against a Republican congresswoman that's presently trying to score points with the corporate liberal media, even as Trump continues to harass his former allies? Why, they act like they're more worried about being seen as sympathetic to Trump hating liberals than they are about being held in high regard by the liberal media.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Never thought I'd see the day Vernon Jones of all people actually had a chance to become the governor. Republicans will talk all day about the corruption in Democratic areas like DeKalb and end up electing the most corrupt guy to come out of DeKalb out of spite.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bdog 29 said:

Never thought I'd see the day Vernon Jones of all people actually had a chance to become the governor. Republicans will talk all day about the corruption in Democratic areas like DeKalb and end up electing the most corrupt guy to come out of DeKalb out of spite.

I'll say this again, I know/knew Vernon personally, my entire family does.  I haven't spoken to him in a few years being honest.  He is my fraternity brother!  I STILL find it hard to believe Vernon has gone over to the Dark Side.  I think Vernon is grifting/hustling the GOP.  I'm willing to bet this is all a show for him.  My $0.02.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Andrews_31 said:

I'll say this again, I know/knew Vernon personally, my entire family does.  I haven't spoken to him in a few years being honest.  He is my fraternity brother!  I STILL find it hard to believe Vernon has gone over to the Dark Side.  I think Vernon is grifting/hustling the GOP.  I'm willing to bet this is all a show for him.  My $0.02.

I meant to tag you and ask about this nupe on nupe violence but forgot lol.

But I'd like to think that too. Best case scenario, he grifts his way to the nomination and basically flips back to being a Dem so Stacey walks away with it. But judging by what I saw in DeKalb, Jones is as unscrupulous and crooked as they come so I wouldn't be surprised if keeps up the act in the event he wins so he can keep raking in the dollars.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, bdog 29 said:

Never thought I'd see the day Vernon Jones of all people actually had a chance to become the governor. Republicans will talk all day about the corruption in Democratic areas like DeKalb and end up electing the most corrupt guy to come out of DeKalb out of spite.

i actually met him once, trying to scalp a couple tickets with my dad for the uga/tech game in '07. he was out in front of bobby dodd doing a meet and greet with voters for what i presume was his then position in the dekalb county government. i actually remember him being pretty charismatic, talked to him for a good 10-15 minutes while my dad was off looking for some tickets. i remember telling him i was a libertarian/ron paul fan and him not actually laughing at me, lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, achilles return said:

i actually met him once, trying to scalp a couple tickets with my dad for the uga/tech game in '07. he was out in front of bobby dodd doing a meet and greet with voters for what i presume was his then position in the dekalb county government. i actually remember him being pretty charismatic, talked to him for a good 10-15 minutes while my dad was off looking for some tickets. i remember telling him i was a libertarian/ron paul fan and him not actually laughing at me, lol. 

That sounds about right. I think part of the reason he got away with so much that he did is because of his charisma. He spoke at my school back when he was CEO of Dekalb and he came off as very charismatic. A couple of the kids in the class were slouching and goofing off and I remember he got them to sit up and pay attention in that tough but loving TV principal kind of way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, achilles return said:

ok real talk

how corny would it be for me to have a malcolm x art piece on my wall when i get my new place

Hmm white guy with black civil rights leader paraphernalia always comes off as too tryhard. But since you're about that life and (I assume) don't have white boy dreadlocks, I think you're good.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is not good at all…

A federal court ruled to vacate a nationwide moratorium on evictions, which was put in place to protect renters during the pandemic.  

In a ruling on Wednesday, Judge Dabney Friedrich of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, who was appointed by former President Donald Trump in 2017, overturned the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s ban on evictions — a victory for landlords. The ruling places millions of people who have fallen behind on rent due to the COVID-19 crisis at risk of eviction

President Joe Biden had previously extended the ban on evictions through June.

“The question for the Court is a narrow one: Does the Public Health Service Act grant the CDC the legal authority to impose a nationwide eviction moratorium? It does not,” Friedrich wrote in the ruling. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Eastern Conference Finals Thread

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...