• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• Southern California Liar

• Leon Troutsky

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fellas I'm fully vaccinated as of today.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

"What I would like right now, is for all of you fat, ugly, ABF A-holes to keep the noise down while I take off my robe, and let the ladies appreciate a real man.  Hit the music."

Rick Rude was an all time great. 

He also apparently was a man among men outside of the ring.

Dude was legit.

40 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

We’re a month into this and Bernie hasn’t done anything to pay off my mortgage!!!  I’m never voting for another progressive ever if Bernie doesn’t do this!!!

:argh:

I'm usually with you but lets be real Biden may not have promised these things but prominent Dems did and it seemed the party as a whole was on board with a lot of it.

The most obvious example is the $50K in student loans forgiven immediately. Chuck Schumer, the majority leader of the Senate, had a ******* press conference on it. I don't even necessarily agree with doing it that way and I get that it put Biden in a bad situation but the fact that they made such a huge deal about it and there seems to be no movement is a terrible look.

Say what you will about Trump and his ilk but they tried to do every stupid campaign promise they said, consequences be ****ed. Dems can't go around throwing all of these promises out there and be mad when people expect them to at least try.

1 minute ago, Sponge said:

Glad you're ok with Iranian militias firing rockets into U.S. camps. 

I'm not ok with that. But I don't think we have any business being there in the first instance, and I don't think we should be violating international law by conducting such bombings, and I don't think we should continue these kinds of operations based on the AUMF. It's a cluster**** and I'm not excusing it based on who's in office. 

14 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

You know, I don't make fun of you for being old much on here, but ... 

Glad you're ok with your guy bombing away in Syria.

Making fun of old people shows ignorance. Plus your comparing apples to oranges. I wasn't making fun just making a statement.

The targeted missile sites we hit were responsible for targeting our embasy and a military base. One American was killed in that attack. Go Biden, do what needs to be done.

1 minute ago, bdog 29 said:

I'm usually with you but lets be real Biden may not have promised these things but prominent Dems did and it seemed the party as a whole was on board with a lot of it.

The most obvious example is the $50K in student loans forgiven immediately. Chuck Schumer, the majority leader of the Senate, had a ******* press conference on it. I don't even necessarily agree with doing it that way and I get that it put Biden in a bad situation but the fact that they made such a huge deal about it and there seems to be no movement is a terrible look.

Say what you will about Trump and his ilk but they tried to do every stupid campaign promise they said, consequences be ****ed. Dems can't go around throwing all of these promises out there and be mad when people expect them to at least try.

Then progressives need to stop making promises they can’t keep.  Or at least people need to direct their anger at the progressives instead of people who never made those promises.  

And I’m not directing this at you, but think about what kind of absolute ****ed up situation that creates.  Biden runs on his platform and wins.  But a handful of progressives come out and promise things well beyond that.  Suddenly Biden is expected to make good on the progressive promises even though moderate Dems aren’t on board and will oppose it.  Then people start attacking Biden and “Democrats” for not making good on the promises that progressives made without consulting with Biden.

That’s ****ed up in ways that are hard to put into words.  It’s not “Dems” throwing around all fo these promises.  It’s progressives and for some reason people aren’t angry at the progressives for not making good on their own gotdam promises.

9 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

I'm not ok with that. But I don't think we have any business being there in the first instance, and I don't think we should be violating international law by conducting such bombings, and I don't think we should continue these kinds of operations based on the AUMF. It's a cluster**** and I'm not excusing it based on who's in office. 

Through the years here, I keep getting the impression from my far left/progressive friends that when a serviceman/women dies in the ME, they deserve it because they had no business there anyway. Not that they've publicly said it, but I can feel it.

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Then progressives need to stop making promises they can’t keep.  Or at least people need to direct their anger at the progressives instead of people who never made those promises.  

And I’m not directing this at you, but think about what kind of absolute ****ed up situation that creates.  Biden runs on his platform and wins.  But a handful of progressives come out and promise things well beyond that.  Suddenly Biden is expected to make good on the progressive promises even though moderate Dems aren’t on board and will oppose it.  Then people start attacking Biden and “Democrats” for not making good on the promises that progressives made without consulting with Biden.

That’s ****ed up in ways that are hard to put into words.  It’s not “Dems” throwing around all fo these promises.  It’s progressives and for some reason people aren’t angry at the progressives for not making good on their own gotdam promises.

Only a fool doesn't understand that representative democracy is a numbers game. People promise to fight for their priorities but I don't recall anybody guaranteeing passage. "Send me to Washington if you want better health care" is not the same as "Send me to Washington and I'll make sure you get better health care". It's a fine line between the two but most voters understand that they need cooperating partners to get anything done.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Eastern Conference Finals Thread