The Eastern Conference Finals Thread

Our neighborhood is rapidly being gentrified.

We moved on on February 7th of last year.

Since then the street directly south has had no less than 5 houses flipped and there are another 2 or 3 that look like they are getting the same treatment.

Which is good for us as home owners but I realize the impact that it is having on buyers.

• Replies 27.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• Southern California Liar

• Leon Troutsky

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fellas I'm fully vaccinated as of today.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Leon Troutsky said:

@Andrews_31

So far, Biden is finding that abruptly reversing U.S. immigration policy is like turning around a battleship using the tiny, loose steering wheel of the USS Minnow. His highest-profile immigration move — an executive order pausing deportations for 100 days — has been blocked by a federal judge in Texas whom Trump had appointed just last year. In this vacuum of uncertainty, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, or ICE — still under an interim boss hastily installed in the last week of the Trump administration — and the Border Patrol, whose rank-and-file officers zealously supported POTUS 45, have seemingly sped up deportations and other enforcement actions.

1 hour ago, Leon Troutsky said:

And about those Haitian babies, @Andrews_31...

https://thehill.com/changing-america/resilience/refugees/537987-babies-and-children-deported-to-haiti-in-apparent

Babies and children deported to Haiti in apparent defiance of Biden order: report

The federal agency is at odds with leadership.

One day before President Biden's 100-day moratorium on all deportations resumed, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) deported at least 72 people to Haiti on Feb. 7, according to the Guardian.

The two flights left from Texas to Port-au-Prince, Haiti, where the U.S.-backed Haitian president has refused to leave office, triggering a political crisis. On Jan. 26, U.S. District Judge Drew Tipton, a Trump appointee, placed a 14-day injunction against the moratorium, which he later extended to Feb. 23, based on a federal contract with the state made by the Trump administration. 

Appreciate this.

Edit:  Let me add this.  We all know ICE is less than **** (we know that because Sobeit works for them), and I never understood how their leadership could defy a president.....................but they ain't ****!  Comprehensive and fair immigration reform is needed.

51 minutes ago, Carter said:

I have to say, it’s been a pretty foundational part of me moving more to the left that my credit largely got wrecked by a divorce and I’ve been raising 3 kids below the poverty level for the past 6-7 years. Even my car insurance rates have been astronomical. There are so many systemic issues designed to keep people poor that are hard to see unless you live it.

On the bright side, I am one of those people who has largely used the stimulus money to pay off bills and fix my credit. My **** has gone up more than 80 points in the past 6 months and I can qualify for decent rates on a mortgage. On the down side.... half decent 4 bedroom houses are at least 300 grand.

Not sure if it’s related, but I’ve heard that it was really easy to default on law school and med school loans with seemingly no negative repercussions up until the late 80s.

You were born too late, @Mr. Hoopah!

lmTScdi.jpg

48 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Bro, I would tell you to come to phoenix but finding a 4 br for less than 400k here is nearly impossible unless you want to live in the ghetto and have a 70 year old house that has not been updated since the 70's....and even then you are going to be pushing 300k and completing with atleast one of the several hundred cash investors who are going to dump 50k on it and then market it for 500k.

The inventory here has been cut probably by half since we bought last year.

Yup. Bought mine in Anthem for $250k about 5 years ago. 5 bed, 3 bath, Pool on a Cul de Sac.

They're selling for $425k all day. Mine has been heavily updated/renovated (as much as you can for a 15 year old house), New AC Units, Solar, etc. I could probably pull $450k+

2 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

Decision 2024: MTG vs Kopmala

Eja2x-4WsAA9-Uq.jpg

Folks on twitter keep saying "but MTG only won because of the district in which she ran!"  Which is true!  But the media, starved for Trump tweets/coverage, has given her millions of dollars in free air time, thanks in part to democrats giving her endless amounts of attention.  She'll reap all the benefits while continuing to grift her supporters and line her pockets to build more street fighter ****gyms.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Folks on twitter keep saying "but MTG only won because of the district in which she ran!"  Which is true!  But the media, starved for Trump tweets/coverage, has given her millions of dollars in free air time, thanks in part to democrats giving her endless amounts of attention.  She'll reap all the benefits while continuing to grift her supporters and line her pockets to build more street fighter ****gyms.

Having an affair with a guy you met at the gym is highly relatable to the suburban white women Democrats are courting.

8 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

Having an affair with a guy you met at the gym is highly relatable to the suburban white women Democrats are courting.

tenor.gif?itemid=5745266

Someone told Ken Klippenstein's FOIA lawyer (she's a public defender in Florida by day) Beth Bourdon (who is also a delightful twitter follow) that she looks like Beth from Rick and Morty and she ran with it. Respect.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Eastern Conference Finals Thread