The Braves Win the NL Pennant and Battle On to the World Series Thread

5 minutes ago, Downvote Don said:

I have now done a little research and, although the NYU study is yet to be peer reviewed, it seems the the earlier limited study findings the the J Jab was effective against the Delta variant are wrong, and I could be at risk.

Dr. Vin Gupta is encouraging people with the J&J to get a MRNA booster.  

I'm trying to reach my doctor, but it is taking a while.

Any thoughts?

Everything I'm seeing suggests that the J&J shot is less effective, which isn't a surprise, but still your chances of getting a serious covid illness is pretty remote. A one shot booster with Pfizer or Moderna greatly increases its effectiveness. I think everyone who got one of the adenovirus vaccines like J&J, AZ, or sinovac will eventually be getting an mRNA booster at some point.

Talk to your doctor about it. 

5 minutes ago, Downvote Don said:

I have been monitoring the data pretty carefully since we have seen an increase in cases, and there just does not seem to be the same 2-3 week lab in deaths that we have seen in the past.  I imagine over the next few weeks we will see an uptick but with a flatter curve than in the past.

It is interesting that we are hearing that more  young people are getting symptoms from the Delta Variant.  But apparently they are still unlikely to develop fatal symptoms?

Finally, the folks that you send home, do you suggest they monitor their Oxygen levels? Do you suggest they purchase a pulse oximeter?

From the beginning, covid had killed primarily the old and unhealthy. Most everyone else recovered more or less. Now that most of that demographic is vaccinated, you aren't going to see deaths approaching anything like it was in the spike last winter. 

Generally we tell the younger patients that we send home to just rest and come back if their symptoms worsen. If they have access to a pulse oximeter that's great, but mainly send them home with steroids and they usually recover.

Just now, Southern California Liar said:

Dear Lord

We can have a discussion about whether the focus on Israel's human rights deprivations is selective and therefore Anti-Semitic, but that doesn't change the fact that Israel is engaging in human rights deprivations.

Stop with the human rights violations and you don't have a problem.  

"You're just telling me to clean up my mess because I'm Jewish."   Perhaps, but you still need to clean up your mess!

House Republicans balked at participating in the House committee that's investigating the January 6 insurrection on Wednesday after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi rejected two of the five Republicans House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy had tapped for the panel.

^^^So McCarthy pulls all five from the committee.  Pelosi could appoint a few more Republicans like Adam Kenzinger who will take it more seriously since McCarthy doesn’t want to appoint people like that himself.

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

House Republicans balked at participating in the House committee that's investigating the January 6 insurrection on Wednesday after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi rejected two of the five Republicans House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy had tapped for the panel.

^^^So McCarthy pulls all five from the committee.  Pelosi could appoint a few more Republicans like Adam Kenzinger who will take it more seriously since McCarthy doesn’t want to appoint people like that himself.

5 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

The Republicans had every chance to make sure that their input was made on this commission but the voted against everything and it gave Pelosi veto power....and she used it.

4 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

No one loves bombing black/brown people more than the Dems, what Obama/Biden did was unprecedented. Don't believe me? Look it up @Big_Dog

No one loved attacking innocent protestors with violent retaliation than Trump. 

4 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I keep having to say it but when you make Liz Cheney seem like the reasonable person that is how you know you are ****** beyond belief

I thought this was good:

Hey! She is a horrible right wing extremist with no soul. And guess what?: She f'ing did this too. She has been largely complicit in the Trumpification of the GOP. But she is these things within the parameters of the Democratic process. And she's speaking out. God Love her!

F*ck yeah hurt me daddy

(Dorktown is great stuff. This will undoubtedly be the most comprehensive record of the Atlanta Falcons ever made but do I even want to watch it?...probably)

4 minutes ago, AF89 said:

So many hits

I remember this. I was 11 and should have walked away then. 

2 minutes ago, AF89 said:

@Gritzblitz 2.0 I would pay money to watch you do a live viewing of this with lots of hard liquor and maybe some anti depressants .

By the time I got to episode 7, I'd be Daniel Plainview at the end of There Will Be Blood, complete with braining someone with a bowling pin.

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

The Republicans had every chance to make sure that their input was made on this commission but the voted against everything and it gave Pelosi veto power....and she used it.

Exactly.  They could have had a bipartisan (5 Dems, 5 Reps) commission and the Reps would have veto over all subpoenas.  They effed around and filibustered that.  So they went with a House committee with 7 Dems and 6 Reps.  They effed around and appointed people like Jim Jordan and Jim Banks who supported overturning the election and suggested Pelosi was responsible for the Jan 6 insurrection.  So now Pelosi vetoed them and they pulled all five of their nominees.  

And now we’ve got the 7 Democrats plus 1 Republican who will take the investigation seriously.  I’m okay with it.

27 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I remember this. I was 11 and should have walked away then. 

By the time I got to episode 7, I'd be Daniel Plainview at the end of There Will Be Blood, complete with braining someone with a bowling pin.

drunkenly gnawing on a piece of meat in a cardigan is my ideal afterlife 

giphy.gif

14 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

They must have gotten some polling showing them that being anti-vaccine is a big loser, even among GOP voters. 

I’ve been wondering about this as well.  It’s such a turnaround by so many different groups — the CEO of Newsmax praised Biden on vaccines!!! — that I can’t believe it’s all of these people independently deciding to start pushing vaccines all of a sudden.  Something happened and I agree with the op-ed that the common things thrown out there (lawsuit, stock market and donors, etc) don’t make any sense.  

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Braves Win the NL Pennant and Battle On to the World Series Thread