The Braves Battle to the NLCS Thread

1 minute ago, Southern California Liar said:

The Dems have an 18 months window to get that done and it would have to be done with reconciliation (51 votes) if they can do away with the filibuster.  Not sure if they (Dems) are even all onboard with that, and I'm not sure they can pull any Republicans across the aisle with them.  You're right, it's not about the money, it never is about that.  Remember when the Dems made a stink about the "Wall" and it costing $5 million?  That was never about the money. 

4 minutes ago, NightPain said:

"On the same day in May 2019, the Army Corps of Engineers awarded a pair of contracts worth $788 million to replace 83 miles of fence along the southwest border.

The projects were slated to be completed in January 2020, the Corps said then. Four months into this year, however, the government increased the value of the contracts by more than $1 billion, without the benefit of competitive bidding designed to keep costs low to taxpayers.

Within a year of the initial award, the value of the two contracts had more than tripled, to over $3 billion, even though the length of the fence the companies were building had only grown by 62%, to 135 miles. The money is coming from military counter-narcotics funding."

I'm sure some folks will speak on that price increase and not just ignore it. That'd be hypocritical.

But what the **** is military counter-narcotics funding?

1 minute ago, NightPain said:

Did you read your own article? 

The projects were slated to be completed in January 2020, the Corps said then. Four months into this year, however, the government increased the value of the contracts by more than $1 billion, without the benefit of competitive bidding designed to keep costs low to taxpayers.

Maybe Biden just doesn't know what competitive bidding is or how construction works?  One thing is for sure, how much are they (gubmint) losing having already paid for materials/labor sitting idle for doing nothing?  

2 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Maybe Biden just doesn't know what competitive bidding is or how construction works?  One thing is for sure, how much are they (gubmint) losing having already paid for materials/labor sitting idle for doing nothing?  

You understand that was just accurate accounting and that the article goes into how the Trump administration cut out competitive bidding, right?

Did you read it?

I mean the thing you're accusing Biden of......it literally goes into detail about how Trump stopped that. 

Go back to being neutered WFW.

4 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Wait......holy **** the article is from 2020 and is referencing April of 2020.............when Trump was still POTUS.

🤣

3 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Listen, if Biden being President in early 2020 is good for my political football team’s argument, that’s what I’m going with. 

"Maybe the guy we elected because he's a businessman who builds things doesn't understand competitive bidding and how to build things."-WFW on Trump when he thought it was Biden.

Just now, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Might aswhale back off buddy... I'm sure this non robot is super into me...

Screenshot_20210518-170206.jpg

Yea I got that same message. She bout to tell you to skip only fans and pay for content through twitter lol. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

He got asked a question by a reporter about the war between Israel and Hamas and he ducked the question by joking with the reporter that he would only answer the question if he could run the reporter over, and then floored it. A war made possible by his administration and ever administration before him. 

He then gave a speech in which he mispronounced the name of our only Palestinian-American Congresswoman twice while wishing her grandmother back in Palestine well. 

Oh, we also just approved $735 billion of arms sales to Israel.  

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series Thread: Midnight Run (1988)
  • Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Braves Battle to the NLCS Thread