The Braves Battle to the NLCS Thread

18 minutes ago, NightPain said:

Ok so my chick was a huge weezer fan growing up (I feel they suck), but she’s been itching to get out of dodge minus the kiddies. I see that weezer Green Day and fall out boy are doing a tour and the closest they will be that’s not tx or az is Denver. I’m pretty sure I can stomach the other 2 bands but have no idea what fall out boy is other than they might be emo. Are they a deal breaker in your opinion

I have to be in the mood for any of those bands. I feel like they’ve always been more popular with girls, but there are some songs I like. And I always liked girls so it’s fine lol. Weezer and Green Day are decent live bands. Went to a Fall Out Boy concert once in Las Cruces just to see Evergreen Terrace and it was a crappy experience. Place was filled with teenage girls screaming and more than a few dads there with their kid. They aren’t emo… more like pop rock in the same lane as Weezer and Green Day.

Weezer does have some old songs I absolutely love, but like with Green Day I stopped really liking them a long time ago.

I’m sure she will love it. If you’re not into the music it will just be one of those suck it up for the love trips haha. Denver is a pretty great place to catch a concert though. It’s gotten expensive but it’s a great city to visit. Plus you can hit some really good dispensaries.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Waylon’s amputation is tomorrow, brose. :( 

Also Green Day and Weezer rule. 

Weezer came out with an orchestra album during covid that is actually pretty good. Not a fan of the new Van Weezer album though

Sad for Waylon 😭

Edited by Carter

2 hours ago, NightPain said:

Ok so my chick was a huge weezer fan growing up (I feel they suck), but she’s been itching to get out of dodge minus the kiddies. I see that weezer Green Day and fall out boy are doing a tour and the closest they will be that’s not tx or az is Denver. I’m pretty sure I can stomach the other 2 bands but have no idea what fall out boy is other than they might be emo. Are they a deal breaker in your opinion

if you can tolerate green day you'll be fine imo

So I was trying to help my step-dad find my parents property line and we did. Thats not the moral of the story though.

The moral of the story is that a thirty year old radio shack brand metal detector can pick up my wife's metal plates in her arm but not her collarbone. She did not find this as funny as me and the kids did.

2 hours ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Waylon’s amputation is tomorrow, brose. :( 

Also Green Day and Weezer rule. 

Weezer will always have a special place in my heart thanks to their first two albums. I have to listen to the Blue Album like I have to watch the original Star Wars trilogy every once in awhile. Probably one of the most fun bands I’ve seen play live.

Yall I'm out of gas and apparently we still don't have any near by cause I went to 5 different stations at 1 in the morning and came up empty. I thought this thing was over?

3 hours ago, AF89 said:

Yall I'm out of gas and apparently we still don't have any near by cause I went to 5 different stations at 1 in the morning and came up empty. I thought this thing was over?

I heard that it would take a week for trucks to get ready and head out.

Not sure how true that is.

7 hours ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

It should be. Wendy's sucks now.

Their fries where I'm at a good bit of the time tastes old and I hated it when they changed their fries about a decade ago. Their burgers don't taste the same.

I stopped eating it a few years ago after it being my favorite fast food restaurant for years. I only eat frosties, cookies, and maybe a chicken sandwich or drink here and there.

3 hours ago, AF89 said:

You're out of gas and I woke up with major gas. Wanna trade?

36 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Their fries where I'm at a good bit of the time tastes old and I hated it when they changed their fries about a decade ago. Their burgers don't taste the same.

I stopped eating it a few years ago after it being my favorite fast food restaurant for years. I only eat frosties, cookies, and maybe a chicken sandwich or drink here and there.

I haven't been to Wendy's since they started selling breakfast again. I was sitting there watching the lady pack my potato wedges and this B had no gloves on. I asked for my money back and explained to the manager what happened. There's one pet peeve I've always had with restaurants and that's not wearing gloves when dealing with peoples food. 

I kid you not, you can ask my wife about this. We can be sitting there watching cooking competitions and it irks my nerves every single time I see one of the bakers or chef's not using gloves then the judges eat this stuff afterwards. 

Yes, I am aware that there's alot of this that goes on that we can't see. But if I see it, I won't go back for a very long time. I worked at a pizza restaurant and the owner didn't wear gloves and had asthma. Coughing into her hands all day without washing. To this day, I will not eat there and these fools at work order it all the time

22 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I haven't been to Wendy's since they started selling breakfast again. I was sitting there watching the lady pack my potato wedges and this B had no gloves on. I asked for my money back and explained to the manager what happened. There's one pet peeve I've always had with restaurants and that's not wearing gloves when dealing with peoples food. 

I kid you not, you can ask my wife about this. We can be sitting there watching cooking competitions and it irks my nerves every single time I see one of the bakers or chef's not using gloves then the judges eat this stuff afterwards. 

Yes, I am aware that there's alot of this that goes on that we can't see. But if I see it, I won't go back for a very long time. I worked at a pizza restaurant and the owner didn't wear gloves and had asthma. Coughing into her hands all day without washing. To this day, I will not eat there and these fools at work order it all the time

Yeah, can't stand seeing people prepair my food without using gloves.

I also hate it when servers talk over my tray when choosing my food at a cafeteria or restaurant. Had one lady literally talk with my tray open just inches from her mouth. Refused to pay for it and haven't been back in about 3 years.

Just now, DonOfThemBirds said:

Yeah, can stand seeing people prepair my food without using gloves.

I also hate it when servers talk over my tray when choosing my food at a cafeteria or restaurant. Had one lady literally talk with my tray open just inches from her mouth. Refused to pay for it and haven't been back in about 3 years.

Yeah those type of things are complete deal breakers. I know there's millions that simply don't care and just happy they're out of the house. Screw that. There's levels to it. I promise you I got no issues cooking my own food if I want someone breathing all over it or handling with no hands. 

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Same same, I also hate when they taste their sauce then put the spoon back in the pot...WTH these chefs think they are?

1 hour ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Have for a while now since they changed the original burger imo. When they opened they had the best fast food burger in the business, their burgers and fries are trash. The frosty is still good though. 

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Braves Battle to the NLCS Thread