The Braves Battle to the NLCS Thread

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

It'll be my first. That side burner gonna be super clutch

You gotta periodically clean the grease/gunk that builds up under the grates or it will flame up uncontrollably every time you cook. It’s a pain, but it’s a trade off for the ease of firing it up over waiting on charcoal to light. 

Just now, Mr. Hoopah! said:

You gotta periodically clean the grease/gunk that builds up under the grates or it will flame up uncontrollably every time you cook. It’s a pain, but it’s a trade off for the ease of firing it up over waiting on charcoal to light. 

Having dirty cooking supplies is a huge pet peeve anyway. The elbow grease put into that smoker I bought is living proof. You talk about a clean up job

@Mr. Hoopah! I need some possible legal advice.

The kids next door to my lake house threw a rock through the kitchen window (I didn't see them do it) and it landed in the sink. It's a piece of gravel from their driveway (mine is paved and I have no gravel in my yard). I walked over to tell the parents which that flatly denied it was their kids. They have the only gravel driveway on the street and the gravel matched the size, shape, and color of their gravel. It's pretty obvious it came from them. Their driveway is too far away for a mower to shoot it through the window. I went to home depot and bought another window ($170) and installed it. So I'm kinda pissed that this cost me time, money, and labor. What do you think I should do, if anything at all. 

10 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Correct. I had a full on grill fire last week. I didn't realize how quickly the funk had built up.

51 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I like how they let the controversy simmer all through CPAC before announcing this. You'd think the other organizers would have leapt at the chance to blame the stage designers since those designers have also worked with liberals, but no, they just preferred to not have a convincing excuse for some reason.

1 minute ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

I still haven't touched that top shelf stuff I have in the garage. I picked up a half for my father in law, he hit it one night and brought it back the next day. Said it was too strong.

I'm saving it for a sunny, kid-free pool day...

(2 years ago) The first time I smoked after a 25 year gap, I felt like I took acid. Thank God my wife didn't see me like that because she would've called an ambulance. 

23 minutes ago, Sponge said:

@Mr. Hoopah! I need some possible legal advice.

The kids next door to my lake house threw a rock through the kitchen window (I didn't see them do it) and it landed in the sink. It's a piece of gravel from their driveway (mine is paved and I have no gravel in my yard). I walked over to tell the parents which that flatly denied it was their kids. They have the only gravel driveway on the street and the gravel matched the size, shape, and color of their gravel. It's pretty obvious it came from them. Their driveway is too far away for a mower to shoot it through the window. I went to home depot and bought another window ($170) and installed it. So I'm kinda pissed that this cost me time, money, and labor. What do you think I should do, if anything at all. 

Sent you a PM.

32 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Having dirty cooking supplies is a huge pet peeve anyway. The elbow grease put into that smoker I bought is living proof. You talk about a clean up job

Yeah I've always heard those electric smokers get super dirty after each use. Gas grills aren't that bad, since it's easy to take the grates off to get down there.  I don't have one at my house, but I try to clean mom's periodically. I recommend using latex gloves, cause that **** is hard to wash off and gets under your fingernails, some cheap BBQ cleaner spray, blue shop paper towels (more robust than a regular paper towel), a paint scraper to scrape up the big chunks of gunk.  Set out some news papers on the ground, put the grates on those to clean them and keep the mess off your deck or lawn, and then go to town on the grill itself with the paint scraper and paper towels. 

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Braves Battle to the NLCS Thread