The Braves Battle to the NLCS Thread

3 hours ago, Andrews_31 said:

Wanted to loop back to this.  Was in Austin a few years ago for almost 3 weeks straight.  Austin was cool.  Drove to Lockhart quite a bit to eat at Kreuz and Black's (BBQ).  Found out I preferred Black's.  Also, Franklin's is overated IMNSHO

Man, I have hung out at The Oasis that over looks Lake Travis! I don’t remember the food as much as I remember the drinks and the view! 

The state that ranks last in percentage of vaccinations has now ostensibly declared the pandemic to be over. Bold strategy, Cotton. 

While it should be noted that the pandemic will most likely be over by the summer, there's still likely to be one more smaller spike in cases before that. And this certainly isn't going to help. 

6 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

The state that ranks last in percentage of vaccinations has now ostensibly declared the pandemic to be over. Bold strategy, Cotton. 

While it should be noted that the pandemic will most likely be over by the summer, there's still likely to be one more smaller spike in cases before that. And this certainly isn't going to help. 

Is there another tweet that says something like "Just because I'm not prohibiting anything doesn't mean you should take your grandparents out to eat in a crowded restaurant and not wear masks on crowded busses or anything like that."

That tweet just screams "IT"S OVER!  GO CRAZY FOLKS!  GO CRAZY"

I get it that we are on the down side of this.  And maybe it isn't a horrible thing to open things up.  But some caution would undoubtedly save lives.  Hundreds if not thousands of life.  And these folks are pro Life.

I just screen shot* (on my phone) the current tables for daily new cases and deaths for Texas and the USA.  I'm curious to see how things go from here.

*That is sort of dumb.  I don't need the current tables for that.  It will be contained in the tables moving forward.  Duh.

At this point I don't even have an issue with a state reopening. I completely get it. I do have an issue with the message being sent which is literally no message at all. At the bare minimum tell your people to continue to follow guidelines if they already were and at least start if they haven't. I know I know. Texas is Trumper island. As a governor you gotta care about all of your residents

32 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Mississippi is doing the same, including ending mask mandates.

1 hour ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Death and Texas are the only things you can count on.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Braves Battle to the NLCS Thread