The Braves Battle to the NLCS Thread

1 hour ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

In my repeated defense of Biden for doing the right thing in pulling us out against the advice of the Pentagon/generals and against the endless bad faith attacks against him for same from republicans and neocon democrats/corporate media outlets, I do need to state that it was not without some absolutely terrible consequences and seems (for someone wholly ignorant to the logistics of it) like the execution itself was botched. There couldn’t have been any perfect way to do it, but it looks like how Biden did it was pretty soup sandwich, even if it was the right decision. 

My Buddy that’s a DOD civilian contractor was talking about the logistics of leaving Bagram earlier this year, he moved a few months ago. I need to text him and get his thoughts, he was deployed over there last year, he’s seen it first hand. He had a recent Facebook post commenting that this (Taliban taking over) was always going to happen when we left, and about the endless money we spent there created an artificial economy that was always doomed to fail and was ripe for corruption. 

I’m not criticizing this for the consequences of pulling out.  From what I’ve read, the Afghan military and local leaders were incompetent and corrupt af.

But you have all of these people trapped, facing a horrible fate for helping us, and you tell them, “there is a process to get on a list”?  Like f*** all the way off.  Be honest about the situation, even if that means saying, “we feel terrible about this but at this moment there’s nothing we can do…find whatever help you can to get out of the country any way you can.”  Not some double-speak like “there is a process to get on a list”.

4 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Where do they keep finding these people and why do so many lawyers apparently want to be disbarred/sanctioned so badly?

That lawyer literally brags about something on his website that's almost certainly a violation of one of the Tennessee's Rules of Professional Conduct.  His twitter is also a **** show, he's anti-mask, I assume anti-vaxx (I didn't scroll that far), conspiracy theorist, etc . . .

He's a veteran, but not every one who puts on a uniform is a hero.

4 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I’m not criticizing this for the consequences of pulling out.  From what I’ve read, the Afghan military and local leaders were incompetent and corrupt af.

But you have all of these people trapped, facing a horrible fate for helping us, and you tell them, “there is a process to get on a list”?  Like f*** all the way off.  Be honest about the situation, even if that means saying, “we feel terrible about this but at this moment there’s nothing we can do…find whatever help you can to get out of the country any way you can.”  Not some double-speak like “there is a process to get on a list”.

Yeah consequences was a poor choice of wording on my part, I meant what is happening in the interim, like the footage of the people clinging to the plane as it took off (I still haven't watched the video of the people falling to their deaths and have no intention to do so).  At a minimum that shot of the people flooding the runway around the plane will be shown for decades (rightly or wrongly, and for good or bad faith reasons). 

Like you said, telling these people to get on a list is ******.

At what point do we have to start saying that vaccinated people with non-covid emergencies/surgeries should take precedence over unvaccinated covid patients when it comes to ICU?  The idea that a cancer patient has to delay critical surgery for months because of the selfish a**holes who refuse to get vaccinated and end up taking their ICU bed is morally repugnant.  Responsible people are now directly suffering because of the selfishness of irresponsible ones.  So tell the irresponsible ones to get in the back of the line and we’ll get to them when we can, but we’re not letting responsible people suffer and even die because of them…

“There are more intensive care patients in Alabama than there are ICU beds in the state to treat them,” the Washington Post reports.

“Hospitals in the South have for weeks been overrun by covid-19 patients as cases surged across the Sun Belt. But now, health-care workers across the country are also struggling to manage the waves of cases brought on by the delta variant.”

18 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

That lawyer literally brags about something on his website that's almost certainly a violation of one of the Tennessee's Rules of Professional Conduct.  His twitter is also a **** show, he's anti-mask, I assume anti-vaxx (I didn't scroll that far), conspiracy theorist, etc . . .

He's a veteran, but not every one who puts on a uniform is a hero.

You take that back. I am proud of the service I give to my community everyday as I put on my mister car wash uniform. 

29 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

At what point do we have to start saying that vaccinated people with non-covid emergencies/surgeries should take precedence over unvaccinated covid patients when it comes to ICU?  The idea that a cancer patient has to delay critical surgery for months because of the selfish a**holes who refuse to get vaccinated and end up taking their ICU bed is morally repugnant.  Responsible people are now directly suffering because of the selfishness of irresponsible ones.  So tell the irresponsible ones to get in the back of the line and we’ll get to them when we can, but we’re not letting responsible people suffer and even die because of them…

“There are more intensive care patients in Alabama than there are ICU beds in the state to treat them,” the Washington Post reports.

“Hospitals in the South have for weeks been overrun by covid-19 patients as cases surged across the Sun Belt. But now, health-care workers across the country are also struggling to manage the waves of cases brought on by the delta variant.”

I have a friend who had to refer a brain bleed to a hospital in Virginia (!!!) because there were no available ICU beds in the Metro ATL area.

1 minute ago, eatcorn said:

I have a friend who had to refer a brain bleed to a hospital in Virginia (!!!) because there were no available ICU beds in the Metro ATL area.

Yeah, that absolutely should not be happening.  The irresponsible a**holes who refused to get vaccinated should be the ones waiting or being referred to other states’ hospitals.  

2 hours ago, Carter said:

Mans is triple vaccinated and immediately went into isolation with some of the best possible care available. But he wages a daily campaign to convince people they don’t need vaccines, masks, or to take it all that seriously. Dog **** leadership.

As I have said time and again, it's all a game to these guys. Every politician and media figure that is speaking against vaccines are vaccinated themselves. They are just spinning the tune that their base wants to hear. 

Politicians aren't even interested in being leaders anymore. It's an entertainment job now. 

8 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Remember how a certain former poster used to talk about how mistreated gays were in certain Arab countries only to turn around and spew a bunch of homophobic, anti-gay stuff against Americans?

I don’t understand how there is this much a lack of self awareness.  Irony is lost on them

1 minute ago, lostone said:

I don’t understand how there is this much a lack of self awareness.  Irony is lost on them

For a lot of the regular schmuck’s spouting the party line, it’s just a lack of self awareness.  There’s also the fact that they don’t care about being logically or morally consistent.  They’re just cheerleading for their side.

But for the leaders — politicians and the rightwing media — it’s absolutely a concerted strategy to spew whatever criticisms of the other side.  Steve Bannon actually has a phrase for it — flooding the zone with s***.  You flood the airwaves and the political discourse with so much bulls*** that somebody, somewhere, is going to find something they “agree” with or like.  It’s why people can simultaneously pretend to care about Muslims in Afghanistan when they suffer because it makes Biden look bad but turn right around and attack those exact same Muslims as “invaders” when we propose accepting them as refugees.  It’s why they didn’t give two s***’s about the Muslims in Syria (Kurds) who Trump left to be slaughtered, because it was their guy doing it.  

It’s all just a bunch of bad faith partisanship, and again for many of the leaders it’s an intentional strategy because they know their supporters are just looking for whatever talking point they can find to attack the other side.

I mean, it’s like a relative that I have who, many decades ago, was loudly talking about how we should stop “taking prayer out of schools” and how it’s “religious freedom” for teachers to lead children in prayer every morning in the classroom.  

So I asked her if she would be okay with a Muslim teacher leading her children in a Muslim prayer in the classroom every morning.

You can imagine her response.  

45 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

As I have said time and again, it's all a game to these guys. Every politician and media figure that is speaking against vaccines are vaccinated themselves. They are just spinning the tune that their base wants to hear. 

Politicians aren't even interested in being leaders anymore. It's an entertainment job now. 

Why aren't we calling this mass murder?

6 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

Lawyers......how in the **** have yall made it through however many months of doing boring lawyer **** over zoom?

3.5 hours into this stupid *** zoom class and already thinking do I really need a job? Money and eating regularly is overrated 

Zoom is my life in IT management… it’s awful at times…

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Braves Battle to the NLCS Thread