The Braves Battle to the NLCS Thread

14 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

They must have gotten some polling showing them that being anti-vaccine is a big loser, even among GOP voters. 

I’ve been wondering about this as well.  It’s such a turnaround by so many different groups — the CEO of Newsmax praised Biden on vaccines!!! — that I can’t believe it’s all of these people independently deciding to start pushing vaccines all of a sudden.  Something happened and I agree with the op-ed that the common things thrown out there (lawsuit, stock market and donors, etc) don’t make any sense.  

2 hours ago, Big_Dog said:

No one loved attacking innocent protestors with violent retaliation than Trump. 

8 straight months of bombing in Libya with no backup plan. The Dems and unintended consequences. Kind like the refund the police movement...I could go on for days but why bother?

Inflation coming to a city near you. I just take solace in what's coming in 22/24' gramps.

1 hour ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I’ve been wondering about this as well.  It’s such a turnaround by so many different groups — the CEO of Newsmax praised Biden on vaccines!!! — that I can’t believe it’s all of these people independently deciding to start pushing vaccines all of a sudden.  Something happened and I agree with the op-ed that the common things thrown out there (lawsuit, stock market and donors, etc) don’t make any sense.  

I actually tend to agree with Nate here. The anti-vax thing had a time limit on it and the Delta variant to go along with the numbers on who is being hospitalized shortened that time limit. How quickly and how far reaching it was when they all jumped right in line is a little shocking though.

12 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

I actually tend to agree with Nate here. The anti-vax thing had a time limit on it and the Delta variant to go along with the numbers on who is being hospitalized shortened that time limit. How quickly and how far reaching it was when they all jumped right in line is a little shocking though.

Just the quickness in which they all did a 180 at the same time tells me that they got some startling poll numbers on vaccines. No one is more scared of their own base than the GOP.

27 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

Something about Nate’s explanation just doesn’t seem right to me but I don’t know why.  Maybe it was political considerations, but as you said the quickness and how far reaching it’s been is very odd.  If it was a political calculation to shift messaging then there is obviously a very coordinated effort across all rightwing media and the political elites.  

It reminds me of how all the rightwing media started making statements about Dominion and voting machines.  But there, the catalyst was obviously the lawsuits.  I don’t see that same kind of catalyst here, though.  

2 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

I'm one of the millennials mentioned and I'm not teaching anybody at work or anywhere about this. 

I'll accept this failure.

I was just joking. I have no idea what digital body language. I just like TooturntTony messing with his mom. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I was just joking. I have no idea what digital body language. I just like TooturntTony messing with his mom. 

I know you were ******* joking man. 

I didn't really think you were sharing something that said helicoptering in front of your mom is something elder millennials can teach to gen z that really pays off in the office.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

This is my everyday life.

Something is way off with my left knee but it doesn't hurt or feel unstable anymore. My left kneecap is just free and moves like it's floating in jelly and I get to gross people out with it nowadays. I'm sure a doctor is gonna tell me this fall.......yeah not much we can do about that but I'm riding the gross thing out until then.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Braves Battle to the NLCS Thread